ACS result letter & post issues

Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:33 am
rsm
Just Joined

rsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS result letter & post issues

Hello everyone,

I have a rather unusual problem. I applied for a PASA on March of this year, my case was finalized on June and the result letter was sent to me via registered post the same month, sadly my country's (Venezuela) postal service is extremely inefficient and unreliable, and after many months of waiting for the result letter to arrive I requested a replacement letter last month, this time I requested the letter to be sent via express courier international, this way I thought I would finally receive the letter. Sadly auspost's express courier international service uses EMS which is delivered by my country's national postal service and even though I can track it via auspost's web site and I can see that it had already arrived in my country over 3 weeks ago I still have not received it, and whenever I have gone to my local post office they say they don't know anything about it.

To be honest I have had enough, time is running out and I need to apply for a new ANZSCO code since my previous code was 223179 and for this I need the original result letter. As a last resort I am planning to apply yet again for a new replacement copy of the letter only this time I plan to ask ACS if there is any chance of them sending the letter via FedEx or some other private courier service, I believe this is the only way I'll ever receive it.

OTOH Because of ACS's ridiculous policy of not sending the results via email I still don't even know if my result is positive or not.

So my question is if anyone here has gone through the same or similar experience, and if so what did you do? did you contact ACS? what other options can you guys recommend?

Thanks.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:44 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS result letter & post issues

Hi rsm and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I am very sorry to hear of your predicament. I can't answer your questions directly I'm afraid - I do not have the necessary knowledge to do so. However, each time I had a grant letter sent on my spousal visas (three for three stages) I was sent an email as well. Could you try again to request this by email?

I'm sure there will be some helpful replies along soon.

Alistair.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 6:02 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by rsm
Hello everyone,

I have a rather unusual problem. I applied for a PASA on March of this year, my case was finalized on June and the result letter was sent to me via registered post the same month, sadly my country's (Venezuela) postal service is extremely inefficient and unreliable, and after many months of waiting for the result letter to arrive I requested a replacement letter last month, this time I requested the letter to be sent via express courier international, this way I thought I would finally receive the letter. Sadly auspost's express courier international service uses EMS which is delivered by my country's national postal service and even though I can track it via auspost's web site and I can see that it had already arrived in my country over 3 weeks ago I still have not received it, and whenever I have gone to my local post office they say they don't know anything about it.

To be honest I have had enough, time is running out and I need to apply for a new ANZSCO code since my previous code was 223179 and for this I need the original result letter. As a last resort I am planning to apply yet again for a new replacement copy of the letter only this time I plan to ask ACS if there is any chance of them sending the letter via FedEx or some other private courier service, I believe this is the only way I'll ever receive it.

OTOH Because of ACS's ridiculous policy of not sending the results via email I still don't even know if my result is positive or not.

So my question is if anyone here has gone through the same or similar experience, and if so what did you do? did you contact ACS? what other options can you guys recommend?

Thanks.
Hello RSM,
I have sent you a PM.

Regards
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:29 pm
rsm
Just Joined

Thank you alistairboyle, even though this was my first post I've been lurking here for a while. Usually I can get the answer to any doubts I may have by just searching the forum, but this time I couldn't find anyone with the same or a similar problem.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:38 pm
rsm
Just Joined

Thanks SD_MOA I'll have a look.