ACS Outcome Received Today

Old Jul 13th 2012, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

kashifbari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Outcome Received Today

Hello there,

I have received the ACS outcome but one thing is every annoying my total work experience is given below

Worked 4 years as a software engineer as a permanent employee..
Worked 1 years as an Analyst Programmer as a Contractor..

But ACS just counted/considered my 4 Years experience...

so how i will claim my 10 points for my 5 years working experience while lodging my VISA application...
Old Jul 13th 2012, 11:08 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: ACS Outcome Received Today

Originally Posted by kashifbari
Hello there,

I have received the ACS outcome but one thing is every annoying my total work experience is given below

Worked 4 years as a software engineer as a permanent employee..
Worked 1 years as an Analyst Programmer as a Contractor..

But ACS just counted/considered my 4 Years experience...

so how i will claim my 10 points for my 5 years working experience while lodging my VISA application...
Acs usually give reason in for not claiming experience in their evaluation as well. Care to share exact wording (without personal details) if possible from your evaluation
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

A quick question -For the 1 year contract did you submit any evidence to prove the full-time equivalent (atleast 40 hrs per week) .ACS might be looking for this proof .I remember submitting a timesheet and a letter from the Client stating the nature of work (Full-time 8 * 5 = 40 hrs per week for 3 years)

Hope this helps
Ravi
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:37 am
Just Joined

deki is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that with the new guide it's enough to proof 20 hours per week to be counted as full time.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by uzi
Acs usually give reason in for not claiming experience in their evaluation as well. Care to share exact wording (without personal details) if possible from your evaluation
I dont think you have to mention the same number of experience years to assessing authority and diac. Neither have they mentioned it as a rule anywhere on their site. With assessing authority you have to fulfill their minimum requirement for experience. When I applied for assessment I didn't have 5 years of experience so I claimed less and at the time of applying to diac my 5 years of experience were completed so I claimed 5 and they did not make any objection to it.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:38 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deki
I believe that with the new guide it's enough to proof 20 hours per week to be counted as full time.
It is a major change in policy, and appears to be already in place, judging by their FAQ section:

How do you assess Part-Time Experience?
Employment under 20 hours/week is not accepted.

How do you assess Full-Time Experience?
Full-time experience is defined as 20 hours or more per week. Please note that we will not scale experience up based on hours per week.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

venuskyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

My husband has 8 years of programming experience but he didn't get all the previous employers' reference letters so ACS only counted he has 3 years software engineering experience. Does anyone know how much points he can claim for the visa application? Thank you.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

deki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by venuskyy
Hi everyone

My husband has 8 years of programming experience but he didn't get all the previous employers' reference letters so ACS only counted he has 3 years software engineering experience. Does anyone know how much points he can claim for the visa application? Thank you.
5 points
Old Aug 9th 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Bad luck. . . Really sorry for you. . .
Old Aug 9th 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

winamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I am in a scenario that appears to relate to this thread, I am almost good to go to lodge the 190 Visa, Have successful Skills (Computer systems and network Engineer), Vic SS, and Invite to apply.

With regard to my ACS approval letter, I never got a definitive breakdown as to what percentage of my experience they deem is highly relevant, relevant or somewhat relevant?

I have used 10 points for work experience, 5pts for Australia (1 year) and 5pts for work experience in my home country (4 years). So in total my EOI was submitted with 60 points

How do I know in this Visa application process, things will not change based on my case officers views?
Personally I feel what I have deemed as highly relevant, is, but that's not for me to decide.

Finally I am from a English speaking country and have not managed to get clear of all 7 in the IELTS, so I am hoping that my points are sufficient?

Any thoughts....
Old Aug 9th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

winamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

With 3 years experience in your home country you will get 5 points.

I have a question based on your husbands ACS letter, where on the pdf did it say only 3 of his 8 years is deemed relavant!

I got my letter back with 6 years + experience, but it did not state what or what was not relavant, it just had all my jobs listed as I submitted.

Really confusing stuff?