Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS new application, always forgetting something

Wikiposts

ACS new application, always forgetting something

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

MenaBassily is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow ACS new application, always forgetting something

Hey guys, how is it going ?
I just submitted my ACS assessing application online, I sent them a certified copy of all the certificates and one year experience letter as a Web UI Developer, I have more experiences on my CV but I thought this one will be sufficient as it is more than 12 months, and it is the most recent.

I didn't send the RPL application or the projects report, I called them today and asked if I can send them by email, they said you might talk to the officer that manages my application when it has one (as it is "To be allocated")

Date Received 22-September-2009 (online application)
Certified copies and CV delivered 23-September-2009

I am aiming for ASCO Code 2231-79 and MODL "Computing Professional - .Net technologies"

Cross fingers for me and advise me on what to do next ???
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: ACS new application, always forgetting something

I am thinking about send the RPL application and the projects reports tomorrow morning by registered post, another 20 $ but I think it's worth it anyway. What do you think ?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MenaBassily
Hey guys, how is it going ?
I just submitted my ACS assessing application online, I sent them a certified copy of all the certificates and one year experience letter as a Web UI Developer, I have more experiences on my CV but I thought this one will be sufficient as it is more than 12 months, and it is the most recent.

I didn't send the RPL application or the projects report, I called them today and asked if I can send them by email, they said you might talk to the officer that manages my application when it has one (as it is "To be allocated")

Date Received 22-September-2009 (online application)
Certified copies and CV delivered 23-September-2009

I am aiming for ASCO Code 2231-79 and MODL "Computing Professional - .Net technologies"

Cross fingers for me and advise me on what to do next ???
Only one year exp letter? Dear, you need to submit all the reference letters from your employers...and why you did not submit your project reports...

Don't want to be hard...but looks like either they will come back or they will refuse it straightforward..
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Well, at first I didn't want to apply for RPL, was going for class A that's why I didn't send the RPL form or project reports, but then I decided I will do just RPL because one of the companies I used to work for refused to give an experience letter. So I submitted only one experience letter for more than 12 months (14 months) so I can get MODL.

I will send them anyway, they will arrive by Friday, maximum by Monday.

I was just reading about the new changes made TODAY to visa procedures, check it out:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Well, at first I didn't want to apply for RPL, was going for class A that's why I didn't send the RPL form or project reports, but then I decided I will do just RPL because one of the companies I used to work for refused to give an experience letter. So I submitted only one experience letter for more than 12 months (14 months) so I can get MODL.

I will send them anyway, they will arrive by Friday, maximum by Monday.

I was just reading about the new changes made TODAY to visa procedures, check it out:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
i see you going to be rejected, as not having enougth experience, iThe ACS are not forgiving as they following processes

if an employer dont give u a reference, send a stat dec and ask the payroll to give a final salay statement to add with stat dec.

If you dont have an IT degree, u need to do RPL. but you need over 4 years.

I have had runnings with these people and they are quite rude and very unhelpful people
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

That sounds not good, are you saying that applying for RPL with only 14 months experience will not get me MODL.

I am kinda new in all of this, I have just started, and I don't have any experienced advisor, I guess I haven't done enough homework, that's a mistake.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

whats is your total it experience?

Do u hold an it degree?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds not good, are you saying that applying for RPL with only 14 months experience will not get me MODL.

I am kinda new in all of this, I have just started, and I don't have any experienced advisor, I guess I haven't done enough homework, that's a mistake.
It is not a question of MODL, you won't get ACS accreditation at all for RPL with only 14 months. RPL is for very experienced IT professionals (I think 8+ years or something like that). What qualifications do you have (academic) and how much IT experience?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Well, here is everything:

I hold two Bachelors in Computer Science, total years of study 9 years, GPA 3.89 over 4.0 First on class

Total IT experience 4 years and a couple of months, but I only can prove 14 months, and honestly that is the best part of my career life, and the most impressive projects have been done in during this time.

I thought RPL doesn't require experience it is just "RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING" , I just need the other MODL points, actually I don't need them, I have 120 points without them, but I will feel more secured with the 15 point I can get for MODL
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Well, here is everything:

I hold two Bachelors in Computer Science, total years of study 9 years, GPA 3.89 over 4.0 First on class

Total IT experience 4 years and a couple of months, but I only can prove 14 months, and honestly that is the best part of my career life, and the most impressive projects have been done in during this time.

I thought RPL doesn't require experience it is just "RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING" , I just need the other MODL points, actually I don't need them, I have 120 points without them, but I will feel more secured with the 15 point I can get for MODL
Mate...sorry to say..you gonna be rejected....forget MODL...You will not even get ACS assesment...

better you do your homework...or its time to look for a MARA agent!!

I may be rude..but its truth!!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

now this is what you do:

You do a stat dec for the last 3 years,

contact the employer payroll department,

and ask for final payment statement(which it will say start date and finish date)
then do a stat dec.

Contact the ACS to put you application on hold while you get this information.

this enable you to pass it.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wookiee06
now this is what you do:

You do a stat dec for the last 3 years,

contact the employer payroll department,

and ask for final payment statement(which it will say start date and finish date)
then do a stat dec.

Contact the ACS to put you application on hold while you get this information.

this enable you to pass it.
Adding to this, provide below things also:

1. Take reference letters from your colleagues..if u want sample do let us know.
2. Provide your certifications..
3. your promotion letter..
4. provide bank statements also...'
5. Attach Offer letter also..

ACS really does not bother when you did well in ur carrier..they want proof..hope this helps!!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

hmm, I will do as you say.
But what happens in case of holding an IT academic certificate fresh graduate, how can he/she complete the assessment phase ?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Isn't it just easier to explain your point !
Hi MenaBassily,

It seems to me that you have missed some relevant information. The 12 months in the last 4 years requirement is an ADDITIONAL requirement if you want to be assessed for MODL, but you need to satisfy the main experience criteria first.

The ACS allows several routes to be assessed as an Computing Professional, and they all require proof of several years of experience.

In short (but full explanation can be found in their PIM guidelines):
- If you hold a degree in an ICT education: 4 years full time experience (groupA)
- If you have a diploma in an ICT education/post degree etc or vendor qualifications: 6 years full time
- If you go for RPL: 6 years full time experience AFTER deduction of the period ACS deems required to achieve professional level (usually 2 years), which makes a minimum of usally 8 years full time experience a requirement.

As you do have a degree in ICT studies, you clearly should aim to get your assessment as GROUP A applicant (degree + 4 years experience). Read the requirements in the guidelines carefully.

As others have told you: collect any proof you can find to support your 4 year claim, letters of ex-collegues/managers and so on are considered stronger than a personal statement, but this is an option too. Collect payslips, tax-reports and so on and submit this information as soon as possible. It is wise to contact the ACS to put your application on hold till you submit this application, as without it you are surely heading to an unsuccessful assessment.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eurosyl
Hi MenaBassily,

It seems to me that you have missed some relevant information. The 12 months in the last 4 years requirement is an ADDITIONAL requirement if you want to be assessed for MODL, but you need to satisfy the main experience criteria first.

The ACS allows several routes to be assessed as an Computing Professional, and they all require proof of several years of experience.

In short (but full explanation can be found in their PIM guidelines):
- If you hold a degree in an ICT education: 4 years full time experience (groupA)
- If you have a diploma in an ICT education/post degree etc or vendor qualifications: 6 years full time
- If you go for RPL: 6 years full time experience AFTER deduction of the period ACS deems required to achieve professional level (usually 2 years), which makes a minimum of usally 8 years full time experience a requirement.

As you do have a degree in ICT studies, you clearly should aim to get your assessment as GROUP A applicant (degree + 4 years experience). Read the requirements in the guidelines carefully.

As others have told you: collect any proof you can find to support your 4 year claim, letters of ex-collegues/managers and so on are considered stronger than a personal statement, but this is an option too. Collect payslips, tax-reports and so on and submit this information as soon as possible. It is wise to contact the ACS to put your application on hold till you submit this application, as without it you are surely heading to an unsuccessful assessment.

Cheers,
Sylvia
I think I got the picture now, thanks Sylvia. I will contact the company and see what will happen and meanwhile I will contact ACS and request they hold the application. I am wondering, what will happen if they couldn't help me, and all I can prove is 14 months of experience ? Is there anyway to go for visa:175 with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.