Wikiposts

ACS, MCSD+Project Reports, DMIA basics

Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Frankier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS, MCSD+Project Reports, DMIA basics

Hi there!

First let me state that this forum is superb, very informative, good manners, most helpful people. I read a lot of posts concerning my stuff and learned a lot, but also got a bit more confused .

I have a master in physics, which is probably not IT-related enough, though its was part of my vordiplom ( similar to bachelor) and part of my thesis.

I have also been working during my studies, and for 5 years 7 mt after that.
Just made my MSCD.NET.

So from what I understood, i need 6 years of work experience (Group B through MCSD). Which should not be a problem, since ACS states that work during studies is ok. But three questions:
1) Will I need to write project reports, since my MCSD is so recent
2) Will I need more than six years work experience??

One post stated that the experience the ACS needs for skill assessment doesnt count for DMIA recent work experience anymore? So would I need 7 years?

Last question: is there any news on the validity of the MCSD? The last post I found on that matter stated it would still work till 23th of december?

Thanx a lot,
FrankIer
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:37 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS, MCSD+Project Reports, DMIA basics

Originally Posted by Frankier
Hi there!

First let me state that this forum is superb, very informative, good manners, most helpful people. I read a lot of posts concerning my stuff and learned a lot, but also got a bit more confused .

I have a master in physics, which is probably not IT-related enough, though its was part of my vordiplom ( similar to bachelor) and part of my thesis.

Just made my MSCD.NET.

So from what I understood, i need 6 years of work experience (Group B through MCSD). Which should not be a problem, since ACS states that work during studies is ok. But three questions:

One post stated that the experience the ACS needs for skill assessment doesnt count for DMIA recent work experience anymore? So would I need 7 years?

Last question: is there any news on the validity of the MCSD? The last post I found on that matter stated it would still work till 23th of december?

Thanx a lot,
FrankIer
Hallo Frank,

We're still waiting on ACS to announce the change - 23 December is the latest we've heard for the cutoff date. If you can lodge your application before or by 23 Dececember then your MCSD will still count. You would certainly need to do two project reports.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS, MCSD+Project Reports, DMIA basics

Originally Posted by Frankier
Hi there!

Just made my MSCD.NET.

Thanx a lot,
FrankIer
Hi Frank

I have heard nothing on whether they will cease recognising MCSD, MCSE, CLP and CNE but you would be mad not to submit such an application before Christmas.

As your MCSD is recent you will need to do two project reports as George says. I would recommend one project report coming from your experience 6 years ago and the other any time after - this would then give you further evidence that this early experience was skilled IT experience especially as it was probably part-time diuring your studies - it would also need to be at least 20 hours per week.

1) yes, 2 project reports
2) 6 years exacltly needs to be recognised by ACS

Yes, you can double count the recognised experience required for the ACS assessment for any period that DIMIA may require 6/12, 12/18 and 36/48.

Regards

Tony