ACS letter advice

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 11:20 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS letter advice

Just for your information, usually if you link your old application the ACS assessment result comes faster than if you go for a new assessment. Because that happened with me & my friend.

I guess that is because some part of the job is already done but I am not sure if that is the case all the time.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Surya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing this information.May I know
within how many weeks you got the letter.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 9:29 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

2 weeks
Old Oct 5th 2014, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Faiz
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Andrewajp002UK is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI, I applied for mine on 26th sept and got my successful letter today claiming for a systems analyst 12 days woohoo
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrewajp002UK
FYI, I applied for mine on 26th sept and got my successful letter today claiming for a systems analyst 12 days woohoo

Congratulations and
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew..I have submitted yesterday and I'm eagerly waiting for it.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:25 am
Just Joined

lasiafjmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I got +ive ACS assessment on 13-Jun-13. As per assessment I was awarded 1.5 years of Australian experience(after deducting initial 2 years of my exp) and 5 point in EOI. As of Sep-14, my total Australian experience is 3+ years including the years assessed by ACS. In online EOI system, it considered as 10 points for Australian experience as of now.

I am working in a same employer in same role in Australia till date. I got promotion from snr software engineer to Technical Lead, other than promotion there is no change in my role. Do I need to apply ACS again to get 10 points, Please advise. My agent advising me to reapply fo ACS to get 10 points. Do I really need to do and waiting for few more months.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:04 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lasiafjmc
Hi,

I got +ive ACS assessment on 13-Jun-13. As per assessment I was awarded 1.5 years of Australian experience(after deducting initial 2 years of my exp) and 5 point in EOI. As of Sep-14, my total Australian experience is 3+ years including the years assessed by ACS. In online EOI system, it considered as 10 points for Australian experience as of now.

I am working in a same employer in same role in Australia till date. I got promotion from snr software engineer to Technical Lead, other than promotion there is no change in my role. Do I need to apply ACS again to get 10 points, Please advise. My agent advising me to reapply fo ACS to get 10 points. Do I really need to do and waiting for few more months.
DIBP awards the points not ACS. If it were me I wouldn't bother getting an updated letter since you could (presumably) prove you were employed continuously by the same company and your old letter had already confirmed you were employed under your nominated profession.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

If you are sure that you have 3 years
experience excluding 2 years for deemed
experience, I would suggest you to
get updated letter from ACS.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:47 am
Just Joined

lasiafjmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
DIBP awards the points not ACS. If it were me I wouldn't bother getting an updated letter since you could (presumably) prove you were employed continuously by the same company and your old letter had already confirmed you were employed under your nominated profession.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know anyone done in this way without reassessment. Got worried because of agent.

Originally Posted by Surya
If you are sure that you have 3 years
experience excluding 2 years for deemed
experience, I would suggest you to
get updated letter from ACS.
Here is the letter from ACS dated 18/Jun/2003,

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 20 March 2013.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after September 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 05/03 - 09/04 (1yrs 4mths)
Employer: EMP-1

Dates: 01/08 - 04/10 (2yrs 3mths)
Employer: EMP-2

Dates: 05/10 - 07/11 (1yrs 2mths)
Employer: EMP-3

Dates: 07/11 - 04/12 (0yrs 9mths)

Dates: 04/12 - 07/12 (0yrs 3mths)

Dates: 08/12 - 03/13 (0yrs 7mths)

In EOI I have entered my last australia experience from 08/12 to till date and system shows 10 points for my overseas experience after submission.

Thing is it's difficult to get a roles and responsibility letter from my company again. Last time I got the letter with challenges. But I could able to submit reference letter from my company(system generated with hr sign) for my total tenure in australia, with PAYG proof and address proof. Also I have to wait for few more months to get ACS results(may be inn few weeks)

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 17th 2014 at 9:05 am. Reason: Posts merged - if you think of something you want to add within a couple of hours of posting you can just hit the 'edit post' button. HTH.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. Do you know anyone done in this way without reassessment. Got worried because of agent.
I know others who have had the reassessment, and they have said that the updated letter only took 2 weeks.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 2:20 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

My assessing authority was Engineers Australia, and on their experience letter they didn't award me any time for Australian work experience because I couldn't get an original signed hard copy to them in time and they wouldn't accept electronic submissions.

In the end I still got awarded experience points because of payslips and proof that I was working in Australia. If I were to do it again I would have saved myself the 300 dollars and skipped the optional work experience review completely.

But Old Sparkles mentioned that it can be done in as little as 2 weeks, and that's not a lot of time at all.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Would you be able to get the system
generated letter as same format as
Reference letter?
If yes, you can use it,because I have given
system generated letter to prove my
previous company experience and got the
positive assessment last March.

To include my current experience,
I have submitted for assessment again
on 8th Oct 2014 and now waiting for the letter.
I'm hoping to get it by next week.I feel it's better
to apply for reassessment.BTW, at what stage u r in
the Visa process?
Old Oct 17th 2014, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

I forgot to tell you, the system generated
letter had company logo in colour, not black
and white.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.