ACS letter advice

Old Sep 27th 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Surya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS letter advice

Hi Experts,

Last year,I applied for ICT skill assessment to ACS in the month of January.
I got the letter on 28th March 2013.Below was my assessment result.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from XYZ University completed April 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

Your work experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of at least
20hrs per week:
Dates: 06/06 - 04/10 (3yrs 10mths)
Position: Developer
Employer:ABC

Dates: 05/10 - 01/13 (2yrs 8mths)
Position: Project Lead
Employer:XYZ
To qualify for 189 visa,I should score 7 in each component of IELTS.I thought I would get easily,but unfortunately I couldn't achieve it until now.I have taken the test last week, and I hope I will definitely get it this time.Results will be released next friday.If the results are positive,I am planning to submit EOI next week.

As per the ACS letter,I have around 6.6 years of experience.When I applied for assessment, deeming date concept was not there.So I'm wondering if I submit EOI using this letter,will DIBP reduce 2 years from my experience or consider 6.6 years experience?

As of today,my current experience is 8.3 years.
I'm still working for the same company,so I would not have difficulty in getting the experience letter from my company.

Kindly share your thoughts.Is it better to apply for new ACS assessment or use the current one ?

Thanks

Last edited by Surya; Sep 27th 2014 at 4:15 am.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 4:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS letter advice

Originally Posted by Surya
Hi Experts,

Last year,I applied for ICT skill assessment to ACS in the month of January.
I got the letter on 28th March 2013.Below was my assessment result.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from XYZ University completed April 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

Your work experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of at least
20hrs per week:
Dates: 06/06 - 04/10 (3yrs 10mths)
Position: Developer
Employer:ABC

Dates: 05/10 - 01/13 (2yrs 8mths)
Position: Project Lead
Employer:XYZ
To qualify for 189 visa,I should score 7 in each component of IELTS.I thought I would get easily,but unfortunately I couldn't achieve it until now.I have taken the test last week, and I hope I will definitely get it this time.Results will be released next friday.If the results are positive,I am planning to submit EOI next week.

As per the ACS letter,I have around 6.6 years of experience.When I applied for assessment, deeming date concept was not there.So I'm wondering if I submit EOI using this letter,will DIBP reduce 2 years from my experience or consider 6.6 years experience?

As of today,my current experience is 8.3 years.
I'm still working for the same company,so I would not have difficulty in getting the experience letter from my company.

Kindly share your thoughts.Is it better to apply for new ACS assessment or use the current one ?

Thanks
DIBP know the change to ACS criteria - it has been noted that other applicants have been asked to get a new assessment which results in the deduction and a failed application. I would not risk claiming points for all the experience, so if you are short of points you need IELTS
Old Sep 27th 2014, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks old.sparkles.

If DIBP consider 5 years of experience and I score 7 each in IELTS,then my points would be 65.

So your suggestion is to apply for new assessment ?
Old Sep 27th 2014, 5:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks old.sparkles.

If DIBP consider 5 years of experience and I score 7 each in IELTS,then my points would be 65.

So your suggestion is to apply for new assessment ?
I would. How close are you with the IELTS?
Old Sep 27th 2014, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Last time I scored L:8,R:8.5,W:8,S:6.5

This time,I'm expecting atleast 7 in all components.Next Friday is my result date.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 6:23 am

Last time I scored L:8,R:8.5,W:8,S:6.5

This time,I'm expecting atleast 7 in all components.Next Friday is my result date.
for you
Old Sep 27th 2014, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Yes..

I have one more doubt regarding certified copy.Can I use the same certified copies of supporting documents which I used last time ? The reason why I'm asking is that the date mentioned in the notary public attestation validity is until 31 Mar 2013 only.
[IMG]Libraries\Documents\Certified copy[/IMG]
Old Sep 27th 2014, 7:04 am

Yes..

I have one more doubt regarding certified copy.Can I use the same certified copies of supporting documents which I used last time ? The reason why I'm asking is that the date mentioned in the notary public attestation validity is until 31 Mar 2013 only.
Libraries\Documents\Certified copy
I would guess not but the best people to ask are ACS - I've heard they are helpful
Old Sep 27th 2014, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the suggestion.I will ask them.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

I asked ACS and they have advised me to select the option of “linking to an earlier application" when I start my new application.
This selection will allow them to view my previous documentation.
The only document I need to upload now is latest experience letter.

I'm writing this just to inform you so that you can help other people
for this query in the future.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 8:48 am

I asked ACS and they have advised me to select the option of “linking to an earlier application" when I start my new application.
This selection will allow them to view my previous documentation.
The only document I need to upload now is latest experience letter.

I'm writing this just to inform you so that you can help other people
for this query in the future.
Thanks Surya - it will be helpful to others I'm sure.

And well done to ACS for providing the answer so quickly
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Old.Sparkles

I'm over the moon now.Yes,I have achieved 7 in all components after
1 year of rigorous hardwork.

I need your advice at this moment. I got the updated experience letter from my company .Tomorrow I will be applying to ACS for reassessment.

As I told before , experience mentioned in my previous assessment
was 6.4 years.So,even DIBP reduce 2 years, my overall
points would be still 60.

If I apply ACS tomorrow , they will take at least 7 weeks
to give me new letter.What I'm thinking is that instead of waiting for the new letter,I will submit EOI using my current assessment letter
and by the time new letter comes I will update my EOI application again.Then my points will become 65 points.

Please suggest me whether my plan is good.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 9:30 am

Hi Old.Sparkles

I'm over the moon now.Yes,I have achieved 7 in all components after
1 year of rigorous hardwork.

I need your advice at this moment. I got the updated experience letter from my company .Tomorrow I will be applying to ACS for reassessment.

As I told before , experience mentioned in my previous assessment
was 6.4 years.So,even DIBP reduce 2 years, my overall
points would be still 60.

If I apply ACS tomorrow , they will take at least 7 weeks
to give me new letter.What I'm thinking is that instead of waiting for the new letter,I will submit EOI using my current assessment letter
and by the time new letter comes I will update my EOI application again.Then my points will become 65 points.

Please suggest me whether my plan is good.
I wouldn't be in such a rush - Australia isn't going anywhere so if it was me, I'd wait until everything is in order.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your opinion.The reason for rushing is that
I have been waiting for IELTS for more than a year, so
I don't want to delay it further.Also,I assume it would
increase my seniority in EOI queue.

If you feel this approach may create some
trouble,I don't proceed.Kindly advice if I'm wrong.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:19 am

Thanks for your opinion.The reason for rushing is that
I have been waiting for IELTS for more than a year, so
I don't want to delay it further.Also,I assume it would
increase my seniority in EOI queue.

If you feel this approach may create some
trouble,I don't proceed.Kindly advice if I'm wrong.
Have you considered getting professional advice from a MARA agent - they might be able to help you decide the best approach for your current situation. If you go ahead and submit an EOI, make sure you do not over claim points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.