Wikiposts

ACS experience question

Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Sol_Glow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS experience question

Hi, I am starting on the long road to a visa (hopefully) and am finding myself 5 points short due to lack of qualifications.

Does anyone here have any experience of the ACS' calculations on experience gained? I have 14 years worth of experience in IT QA / Test, the last 5 being as a Test Manager and before then a Senior Test Analyst.

I want to get some ideas of success before sending off.

Thanks

Sol Glow
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice
Default Re: ACS experience question

Originally Posted by Sol_Glow
Hi, I am starting on the long road to a visa (hopefully) and am finding myself 5 points short due to lack of qualifications.

Does anyone here have any experience of the ACS' calculations on experience gained? I have 14 years worth of experience in IT QA / Test, the last 5 being as a Test Manager and before then a Senior Test Analyst.

I want to get some ideas of success before sending off.

Thanks

Sol Glow
Positive assessment from ACS will give you maximum 60 points. If you are talking about claiming MODL points, you need to have minimum of 1 year experience in the last 4 years in occupation listed on MODL.

If you dont have IT qualifications, you still have very good chances (especially with 14 years of exp. in IT). You will be assessed in RPL if you dont have relevant qualifications.

Hope this helps.