ACS deducted 4 years for ICT Major:

Old Feb 9th 2015, 8:56 am
Just Joined

tkanand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS deducted 4 years for ICT Major:

Today I received the result from ACS. I have been deducted 4 years from my experiences. I am confused as I find no reason why I should be deducted 4 years instead of 2 years which is only expected.

I have done a 3 year degree program which makes me thing if it is anything to do with the no of years of the graduation. Following is the extract from the result letter. Please take a look and let me know if this qualifies for an appeal to ACS.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from Bharathidasan University completed April 2007 has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after October 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 09/09 - 12/10 (1yrs 3mths)
Position: position1
Employer: Organization1

Dates: 01/11 - 01/14 (3yrs 0mths)
Position: position2
Employer: Organization2

Dates: 01/14 - 01/15 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: position3
Employer: Organization3

Please advise.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 12:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS deducted 4 years for ICT Major:

Originally Posted by tkanand
Today I received the result from ACS. I have been deducted 4 years from my experiences. I am confused as I find no reason why I should be deducted 4 years instead of 2 years which is only expected.

I have done a 3 year degree program which makes me thing if it is anything to do with the no of years of the graduation. Following is the extract from the result letter. Please take a look and let me know if this qualifies for an appeal to ACS.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science from Bharathidasan University completed April 2007 has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after October 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 09/09 - 12/10 (1yrs 3mths)
Position: position1
Employer: Organization1

Dates: 01/11 - 01/14 (3yrs 0mths)
Position: position2
Employer: Organization2

Dates: 01/14 - 01/15 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: position3
Employer: Organization3

Please advise.
Hi - I'm no expert so best wait for someone else to come along - I just wanted to ask a question. According to the letter, your work experience that has been deemed as skilled began in September 2009. You finished your degree in 2007, so only just over 2 years has been deducted, not 4?
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi - I'm no expert so best wait for someone else to come along - I just wanted to ask a question. According to the letter, your work experience that has been deemed as skilled began in September 2009. You finished your degree in 2007, so only just over 2 years has been deducted, not 4?
Hi Pal (Spouce of scouse),

Thank for your response. I really appreciate your time and thoughts.

If I understand the guidelines correctly, any work exp after you complete your graduation counts.
So I completed in 2007, started career by 2009 Sep.
From 2009 Sep if you deduct 2 years it will be October 2011, after which whatever is my exp should be counted.
Please feel free correct me if I am missing something.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Let me put it in bullet points.

Graduation completed in 2007
Started working from Sep 2009 (2 years from here is October 2011)
ACS wrongly mentions as October 2013 (according to me this is incorrect and need to be corrected by ACS.)

Please give your advise.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 9:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Let me put it in bullet points.

Graduation completed in 2007
Started working from Sep 2009 (2 years from here is October 2011)
ACS wrongly mentions as October 2013 (according to me this is incorrect and need to be corrected by ACS.)

Please give your advise.
Have you looked at the summary criteria for ACS at all? - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf

From this, a Bachelor degree or higher with an ICT major that is not closely related to the nominated occupation requires 4 years experience to be deemed skilled.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Hi old.sparkles,

You are right. Appreciated your response.
I asked them a reason over an email they responded saying that my ICT major is not closely related to the nominated occupation.

This information is not mentioned anywhere in the result letter. So its a new information to me. Had that been mentioned, I would know it myself that it is a right thing to deduct 4 years.

Anyways no worries I can still apply under 190 skilled nominated as my aunt resides in AUZ, for which I will get 10 points. Thats a btter decision at this point rather that feeling bad about 4 years being deducted.Is'nt ?
Old Feb 10th 2015, 7:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi old.sparkles,

You are right. Appreciated your response.
I asked them a reason over an email they responded saying that my ICT major is not closely related to the nominated occupation.

This information is not mentioned anywhere in the result letter. So its a new information to me. Had that been mentioned, I would know it myself that it is a right thing to deduct 4 years.

Anyways no worries I can still apply under 190 skilled nominated as my aunt resides in AUZ, for which I will get 10 points. Thats a btter decision at this point rather that feeling bad about 4 years being deducted.Is'nt ?
The criteria is listed on the ACS website which you would have been advised to read before qpplying.

A 190 is a state sponsored PR visa, which would get you 5 points.

The 489 Regional provisional visa can be family sponsored or state sponsored and is worth 10 points but there is a limited number of family sponsored places, and the latest results available shows that all invites were taken by those with at least 65 points.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I meant the 489 Regional provisional visa only. My mistake thanks for correcting.