Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Certified Documents - Not Individually Signed!

ACS Certified Documents - Not Individually Signed!

Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

ballr73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Certified Documents - Not Individually Signed!

Hello,

I finally got all my Docs together for ACS and made an appointment with a Notary to get two copies signed for £75. Based on what I'd researched, I thought this was not excessive.

When we started the meeting, the Notary explained to me that it was not common practice to individually certify documents, rather it was common to certify them as a bundle. He made copies of all our docs for himslef (approx 20). He then wrote and stamped a declaration, which was attached to the 'bundle'. He didn't signed or stamp each individual document.

I'm concerned that this isn't going to be sufficient with ACS. Has any one had this kind of certification accepted by ACS, or is it likely that this will be rejected because each doc hasn't been signed/stamped?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Certified Documents - Not Individually Signed!

Originally Posted by ballr73
Hello,

I finally got all my Docs together for ACS and made an appointment with a Notary to get two copies signed for £75. Based on what I'd researched, I thought this was not excessive.

When we started the meeting, the Notary explained to me that it was not common practice to individually certify documents, rather it was common to certify them as a bundle. He made copies of all our docs for himslef (approx 20). He then wrote and stamped a declaration, which was attached to the 'bundle'. He didn't signed or stamp each individual document.

I'm concerned that this isn't going to be sufficient with ACS. Has any one had this kind of certification accepted by ACS, or is it likely that this will be rejected because each doc hasn't been signed/stamped?

Thanks.
Was each document in the bundle identified on the signed face sheet or was the bundle securely bound with a seal ?

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid the answer to both questions in No. The documents where not identified on the facing sheet, the documents are enclosed in a binder, but this is not sealed/secure.

I had hoped that if ACS wanted to establish the integrity of the Docs they could contact the Notary/Solicitor direct. But I guess that would take more time than they have.

I'm beginning the think I've waisted £75 and more than a little time

Regards.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid the answer to both questions in No. The documents where not identified on the facing sheet, the documents are enclosed in a binder, but this is not sealed/secure.

I had hoped that if ACS wanted to establish the integrity of the Docs they could contact the Notary/Solicitor direct. But I guess that would take more time than they have.

I'm beginning the think I've waisted £75 and more than a little time

Regards.
If not sealed or referenced in the notarial certificate, then yes, I think you have wasted time and money. Surely the Notary should know that the documents need to be sealed so no additions can be easily made.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:35 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I'm concerned that this isn't going to be sufficient with ACS. Has any one had this kind of certification accepted by ACS, or is it likely that this will be rejected because each doc hasn't been signed/stamped? Thanks.

Info on certified docs is about three quarters down the page...

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...illapplication

We recently did an RPL and every single piece of paper (all 100+) had to be individually certified.

D D
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Sounds really strange. When OH had to have documents certified for his ACS approval they were done individually - stamped and signed. I think I would definitely contact the ACS and see if they will accept this before you send them, otherwise it might delay things. If it isn't acceptable and the notary agreed to certify two copies of each document for a total £75 then you should certainly go back and insist on him re-doing the documents at no extra cost.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

45ure is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks.
Yes I got 32 docs certified (2 copies of each so 64 in total) again cost £75 but everyone is signed and stamped.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:21 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks.
Sorry to say but this sounds like it could cause you trouble. I had all pages certified (probably about 20 pages). Check with ACS before you send them.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:28 pm
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Sorry to say but this sounds like it could cause you trouble. I had all pages certified (probably about 20 pages). Check with ACS before you send them.
Get the notary to correct his mistake for no extra cost, he should have undertood about certifying documents.

Once ACS receive your application it will sit for several weeks until it is actioned, in the meantime, early on, they will give you a reference number. Send an e-mail to [email protected] and quote the reference explaining what is has happened - see what they say- you can easily send the new bundle off to them quoting the reference and then it will all be okay. Don't worry, you can get it sorted at no further cost. I got about 75 docs done with a set of copies for £50, and now he has done the odd certification for free!

Karmaliber
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough

I went down the route of finding a notary, but they seem a law unto themselves. Based on others successful experience I had a regular solicitor certify my documents. Each was individually stamped and signed and for a total cost of £19 (8 unique pages).
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your comments. Having already posted the docs I can't do anything else at this stage but wait for a response from ACS. I'll certainly take all your comments on board and post an update.

One further comment, the reason I used a notary, was that I encountered some resistance from solicitors who wouldn't certify my docs because they had no previous knowledge of me. Anyone else had experience of this?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:54 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments. Having already posted the docs I can't do anything else at this stage but wait for a response from ACS. I'll certainly take all your comments on board and post an update.

One further comment, the reason I used a notary, was that I encountered some resistance from solicitors who wouldn't certify my docs because they had no previous knowledge of me. Anyone else had experience of this?
I used the solicitor who did the conveyencing on my house, had know her for about a year when I asked her to certify my documents. She was great doing all the ACS and migration documents (in 3 sittings as DIAC seemed to mislay some of the original stamped docs) and only charging me for one signing session.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Hello again,

I though I would post an update on my ACS assessment so that others may learn from my experience.

As previously mentioned I sent my ACS application with documents that were not individually certified.

As expected the response from ACS was helpfull, but not favourable, see below:

* I refer to your application for Skills Assessment and wish to advise that before the processing of your application can be finalised, further documentation is required:

Please resubmit all documents in correctly certified copy. It is important that each documents is individually certified or correctly bound and collectivley certified.

* Please also provide a revised employer reference. It is important that the reference is dated to indicate the full term of your employment. Alternately you may provide a HR style reference which indicates the date of your employment i.e mm/yy - mm/yy.

Please do not send originals, as liability cannot be accepted for original documents.

It took about 4 weeks to get this response.

Last edited by ballr73; Jun 6th 2007 at 11:05 am.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:08 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again,

I though I would post an update on my ACS assessment so that others may learn from my experience.

As previously mentioned I sent my ACS application with documents that were not individually certified.

As expected the response from ACS was helpfull, but not favourable, see below:

* I refer to your application for Skills Assessment and wish to advise that before the processing of your application can be finalised, further documentation is required:

Please resubmit all documents in correctly certified copy. It is important that each documents is individually certified or correctly bound and collectivley certified.

* Please also provide a revised employer reference. It is important that the reference is dated to indicate the full term of your employment. Alternately you may provide a HR style reference which indicates the date of your employment i.e mm/yy - mm/yy.

Please do not send originals, as liability cannot be accepted for original documents.

It took about 4 weeks to get this response.
Hi BR,

Actually yes the notary should have bound them securely to do that - I hope you got a better job the second time for free or your money back - and to agree with others in this thread, notaries are rarely worth the trouble.

On the delay side, it's currently up to 12 weeks with ACS so in fact you were lucky to get some sort of a response after four.

Cheers,

George Lombard