Wikiposts

ACS, BCS and CITP!

Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:49 am

jonbobble is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile ACS, BCS and CITP!

I just wondered if anyone had recently successfully applied to the ACS for their skills assesment (Group A) with their new BCS Chartered IT Professional Status? If so roughly how long did it take? Were there any problems? I'm hoping to apply under this category as I'm a member of the BCS and don't have a degree - but haven't heard of anyone's experience.

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:44 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS, BCS and CITP!

Originally Posted by jonbobble
I just wondered if anyone had recently successfully applied to the ACS for their skills assesment (Group A) with their new BCS Chartered IT Professional Status? If so roughly how long did it take? Were there any problems? I'm hoping to apply under this category as I'm a member of the BCS and don't have a degree - but haven't heard of anyone's experience.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hi Jon,

I went through Group B and as you can see from my time line below - it took 3 weeks (ish) start to finish. I guess Group A must be similar if not a little quicker?

Good luck

Cheers

Jon
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Thanks in advance

Jon
Jon,

I put an application in the post yesterday to ACS based on no-IT degree but MBCS CITP so keep an eye on my timeline if you don't get the info immediately from someone else

Cheers, Paul
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:30 am

Smile Re: ACS, BCS and CITP!

Cheers for that Jon & Paul. I'll keep a close eye on your timeline Paul (No pressure!!!)

Jon

P.S. Just realised (I'm new to this forum) that I don't know how to keep an eye on your timeline Paul. If it's not too much trouble can you advise. Thanks.

Last edited by jonbobble; Dec 8th 2004 at 5:33 am.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for that Jon & Paul. I'll keep a close eye on your timeline Paul (No pressure!!!)

Jon

P.S. Just realised (I'm new to this forum) that I don't know how to keep an eye on your timeline Paul. If it's not too much trouble can you advise. Thanks.
Jon

Easiest way is to keep this particular thread in your 'subscriptions' and I'll update it when I get any progress which should send you an email to notify that it's changed.

Paul
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:03 am

Thank you very much John. That's very kind. Good luck!

Jon
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Jon.

FYI, acknowledgement today from ACS that assessment has been received and password emailed back to track application process. Email states the standard 10 weeks to assess my case so we'll wait and see.

If you're close to posting, I sent it all in a jiffy bag by Royal Mail 'Internationally Signed For' for less than a fiver so would recommend that as it clearly got there no problem in a week or so.

Paul
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:01 am

Smile Re: ACS, BCS and CITP!

Hunser

Cool, you must be excited! Thanks for keeping me posted and for the advice. Hope all goes well.

Jon

P.S. If anyone else has gone through this process (either sucessfully or unsuccessfully) with CITP status and no degree please share your experiences with us on this thread. Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:28 pm
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

I am applying for assessment with the ACS with no degree but only as a MBCS not a MBCS CITP!

I have a MCSE, a CNE and a CCNP qualification, so I am applying under Section B.

Final papers went to my agent recently, so i will keep you updated and would appreciate updates from others too!

Good Luck to all the others here going for assessment with the ACS!

Regards

Paul
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Update as promised. I received a positive assessment letter from the ACS this morning. Have to admit I'm somewhat relieved, elated, stunned to have got it so quickly.

Jon, not sure if you have been following the thread below but it is relevant to BCS CITP apps and changes to the ACS guidelines from Jan 1st. Possibly not the best news if you are still getting the app together, I'm afraid, as RPL may now be required

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275814

Good luck, Paul
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Thanks in advance

Jon
I sent mine off in november Group A CITP etc and got a positive result after 5 weeks, hope this helps.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:17 am
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Does applying under group a,b,c really matter as far as immi goes?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:22 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wandrews
Does applying under group a,b,c really matter as far as immi goes?
DIMIA doesn't really care if you applied under Group A, B, C or RPL. It's a positive result that DIMIA are interested in.

However, for the ACS, it does matter which group you applied under, as each group has its own different requirements.

Peter
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:08 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Update as promised:

ACS charged my credit card on 7th Jan, although it didn't show up until the 11th.

When could I expect my password for the online tracking?

Fingers Crossed
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:06 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjwhitby
Update as promised:

ACS charged my credit card on 7th Jan, although it didn't show up until the 11th.

When could I expect my password for the online tracking?

Fingers Crossed

Check out my time line below

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.