ACS assessment problem

Old Feb 5th 2015, 10:36 am
Just Joined

samans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment problem

Hi,
I have a BCA(Bachelor of Computer Applications) from Bangalore University, India. I graduated at 2008. Then I have Master Of computer Science from Colombo University, Sri Lanka from 2012.
I have submitted to ACS assessment with both my degrees and my work experience also compatible with Software engineer.
They assessed as employment from 2012 is accepted. the mentioned as below,
"Your Master of Computer Science from University of Colombo completed January 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing."
so, I have a problem with my work experience now. Why did they omit my BCA ? is there any reason ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice
Default Re: ACS assessment problem

What is your Experience Years ? and from When ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

My BCA is on 2008 June. and my experience is from 2008/Nov to 2014/Aug
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice

According to my Understanding you have Total of 5 Years & 9 Months, Out of that ACS will deduct 2 Years for meet the Skills met date thats 2010 Nov, So from 2010 Nov to 2014 Aug your Experience should be have been counted. So its around 3 Years and 9 Months...

But Did u ask your Assessor why he didnt count your BCA...
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

I had a study break of from 2009/Sep to 2009/Dec. So need to deduct 4 months. Can I ask such questions ? will they get pissed of ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

No Worries Buddy, they wont get Pissed off, You can ask them No Issues, Contact your Assessor...

I Hope you provided the Complete Detailed Reference Letter from your Employer...
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

I have. they also selected all the experience given as relevant. I can't imagine why they consider only my MSc ... Will they change their decision if I inform them ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Saman, Dont Confuse.. are you saying your Experience has been taken as Relevant.. Then Whats the issue ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

The letter says as follows,
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the

ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Master of Computer Science from University of Colombo completed January 2012 has

been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after January 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/08 - 08/09 (0yrs 10mths)

Position: Software Engineer

Employer: ----------

Dates: 01/10 - 02/11 (1yrs 1mths)

Position: Software Engineer

Employer: -----------

Dates: 03/11 - 08/14 (3yrs 5mths)

Position: Programmer

Employer: -------------

Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Got it, U need to email your Assessor asking why your BCA was not Assessed as it was the 1st Qualification you earned.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Will it help ?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

they will reply with the reason. if it didnt satisfy you, then u can appeal...
Old Feb 6th 2015, 7:12 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

To me it looks like you have been working & studying at the same time. And based on that your assessment has been done.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

tkanand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Starwin for you: Do you think Samans has to email the assessor. Because I vaguely recollect that we are not supposed to private message the assessor under any situation. the legal way suggested is a appeal for which one has to pay $395 and if acs finds it is a mistake from their part they will refund the money to you.

What say?
Old Feb 10th 2015, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi tkananth,

You are correct, But I have seen in this same forum people said that they have contacted... So No Harm Right ?

Last edited by starwin4u; Feb 10th 2015 at 5:08 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.