Wikiposts

ACS ASCO Code

Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:46 am
Just Joined

marcus_977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS ASCO Code

Please help!!!!
I'm looking for someone that can explain me the difference between the ICT Consultant and the System Manager.I explain myself better,I work in a firm as dependent, and usually my work is from our customers and involve System administartion duties, Database Administrator duties and Network Administration duties.
Which Asco code should I choose, ICT Consultant or System Manager?

Sorry for my english and my question that should be obvious,but it's not very clear for me.

Thanks all
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:54 am
Just Joined

c.harbinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS ASCO Code

Originally Posted by marcus_977
Please help!!!!
I'm looking for someone that can explain me the difference between the ICT Consultant and the System Manager.I explain myself better,I work in a firm as dependent, and usually my work is from our customers and involve System administartion duties, Database Administrator duties and Network Administration duties.

Sorry for my english and my question that should be obvious,but it's not very clear for me.

Thanks all
I would recommend System Manager as the ACS ASCO Code as ICT consultant has the appearance of an expert professional (with MCSE) that does not have the daya to day duty of administrator

Carl
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:12 am
Just Joined

marcus_977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by c.harbinson
I would recommend System Manager as the ACS ASCO Code as ICT consultant has the appearance of an expert professional (with MCSE) that does not have the daya to day duty of administrator

Carl
I'm MCSE MCDBA CCNA Security+ certified and I have 6 years of working experience, but I'm not be able to understand which difference there is between they.I don't want to be rejected.

Thank a lot for your reply!!!
There are other suggestions?

Thanks all.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:25 pm
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

I'm MCSE MCDBA CCNA Security+ certified and I have 6 years of working experience, but I'm not be able to understand which difference there is between they.I don't want to be rejected.

Thank a lot for your reply!!!
There are other suggestions?

Thanks all.
I had the same confusion with the 2231-XX ASCO codes some time ago as I found that my job scope and skills fitting 3 of them! So I sent a very polite e-mail to ACS to ask for some help to distinguish btw the 3. Well, I got a reply from them after a few days but it sounded pretty unfriendly... they made it as if i asked a stupid question and basically what they were saying in summary:

1) It was DIMIA who set the ASCO codes not them. So I shouldn't be asking them..
(HUH! how would I know?)

2) You can nominate whichever code you wish, but if the ACS finds that you better fit another, you'll be nominated with that one instead.
(What an important information, why didn't they include this as part of the guidelines or FAQ)

So.. yeah.. if I understand it right.. they will not penalise you for picking the wrong one. It is at their final discretion to nominate which ASCO code to you.

But they gave me a +ve assessment in a reasonably short time, so now I am cool with ACS :-D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

charlieg is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same confusion when I applied to ACS as I could have gone for a few different codes.

I sent them an email and got a (a very prompt and polite) reply saying not to worry too much and as they would evaluate which code they thought was appropriate.

In the end I applied under one code but was approved as another. But either of them are still appropriate to what I do.

Charlie.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:48 pm
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Hi Charlie,

We applied at abt the same time with pretty much the same stuffs (136, non MODL, ACS).. Keep in touch ok?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

AlexAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ACS ASCO Code

Your code is 2231-11 Systems Manager

Rgrds
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

sylviacrt is an unknown quantity at this point

Please help!!!!
Thanks all

Just to add to what is already said...

I applied as 2231-79 Communications Technology Consultant
(I have several Cisco certifications, and I would say that this is the one that fits me best)

But I was assessed by ACS as 2231-13 Systems Designer

No problem. When you fill in your Forms for DIMIA, you use the Code ACS assigned you!!