Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

baazighar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACS Application lodged - Some tips from my experience

Originally Posted by sanjuwakhare
Guys,

One QUESTING to all you guys who already have made an application.

in the PDF file generated after application the ZIP file name of the attachment for educational qualifications were missing.

The PDF did show the correct file name for files uploaded in support of experience.

I am wondering why it did not show file names of files attached in support of qualification?? (I did re-check before submitting that the files are attached).

HAS this happened to anyone else??? Is there a problem with my attachment????

ALSO I paid by credit card but I did not get any payment confirmation message after submission???

I was expecting some message like "your payment is accepted/received...." etc ??? Why so?
When I applied, my pdf shown only the attachments which I attached in Zip format (which are job related), it didnt shown any attachments which I attached as normal pdf files. And it went fine and I got positive assessment. Anyways as you will be sending the hard copies, i dont think it will be any problem(atleast for me it didnt creat any problem).
I immediately got the message of money deduction from my credit card(which is visa).
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:59 am
Just Joined

pras_per is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assesment

Hi All,
I am looking foward to apply for skils assesment in order to migration
But I am having a doubt on that.
I have a (BSC) Electrical and electronics Engineering degree.(4 yrs full time)
course included following IT related subjects
Data Structures
Mathematics and CompProgramming
Logic Networks and Computer Processes
Communication Systems
Signals and communications
many other Electronics related subjects
I have passed Suncertified Java Programmers Exam(SCJP)
I have 4+ full time working experience as a Software Engineer(java)
will these qualifications be sufficient to pass the ACS assesment?
Please advice me.
Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

dl4e is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS assesment

ACS does assessment on various occupations. To be applicable for a skilled migrant visa your occupation needs to be on the SOL list (find it on www.immi.gov.au), if it is, it needs to be assessed by the appropriate body. If ACS is designated, it will depend on the occupation what you need. Generally you need at least a 3 year bachelor degree and at least 2 years of full time, paid work experience. The degree you submit has to be at least (I believe) 65% relevant subjects to the occupation you are applying. So if you are applying as a software developer, a few courses wont help. But it would be best to read the FAQ and other documents on ACS' website.

EDIT: Here's the document: http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Applicants.doc Take a look at Groups A, B and C to see what cases are acceptable and what is needed. There are a lot of combinations.

Last edited by dl4e; Feb 1st 2011 at 4:32 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

bbulsara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS

I want to know Can 2231-79(networking security) get 261111 or 261112 or 261313 .

Done : DIPLOMA IN INFOMATION TECHNOLOGY
: MCP, MCSA, MCSE
: CCNA

Work exp: 9 year 5 Month.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ACS Application lodged - Some tips from my experience

Originally Posted by baazighar
it didnt shown any attachments which I attached as normal pdf files.
Alright, that means it does happen with the ACS application. With this a question comes to my mind when a CO is assigned can we send scanned documents to him later directly to his email so through some ACS system (for in case if we have missed out anything)???
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

dl4e is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS

If you can prove highly relevant work experience for over 6 years, then you can be approved even without a degree.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

niceandcoolguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job title in my ACS assessmet - Help me

Hi everyone i applied to my ACS assessmet last week ad i thik i made a mistake. In my compay reference i got my job title as software programmer but if i look at my company staff iformatio its coming as software consultant. will it be a problem ?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:44 am
Just Joined

kumshop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Skill Assessment Renewal/Membership

Hi Experts,

I understand that the ACS skill assessment is valid for one year from the date it has been issued. But, for renewal should we need to again submit all the documents/transcripts/certificates attested and send it to ACS - same like fresh application or we can do renewal without any document and just a renewal fee?

If we become a Member of ACS (MACS), our assessment will be valid as long as we extend our membership??

Please enlight me with the difference between the MACS and the skill assessment?

With Regards
Kums
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

PixieOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Assessment Application

Hi there All!

I was wondering if anyone could assist me, I would like to lodge my assesment application for a Business Analyst to the ACS. But I'm very confused which path to take.

I have a Graduate Diploma for Information Systems Engineering and also an Internation Advanced Diploma in Computer studies (Both these qualifications are focused on Business Analysis) I studied at a College in South Africa, but both my Diploma's and the course framework are from the NCC Education group in the U,K not from my South African College. I also have 6 years Information Technology working experience but only 5 years working experience as a Business Analyst.

I do not know if I should apply for the Pre Assessment or the RPL? And then just one last thing, if one applies for the RPL do you need to apply for the Pre Assessment too?

Any information in regards to this will be highly appreciated. I'm very very confused and would like to start getting all my information together for application.

Thanks Guys!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:00 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Assessment Application

If your tertiary education is in IT then you normally do not need an RPL. Do you have a reason to believe that your institutions/programs are not recognized in Australia?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

PixieOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
If your tertiary education is in IT then you normally do not need an RPL. Do you have a reason to believe that your institutions/programs are not recognized in Australia?
Hi there!

Thank you very very much for your response. The reason I'm not sure if my qualification is recognized in Australia is because I did my course through a College in South Africa and not a University...

And I'm scared that if I apply for the pre assessment and they don't recognize my qualifications they will reject my application and I will lose my application fee's
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:39 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PixieOz
Hi there!

Thank you very very much for your response. The reason I'm not sure if my qualification is recognized in Australia is because I did my course through a College in South Africa and not a University...

And I'm scared that if I apply for the pre assessment and they don't recognize my qualifications they will reject my application and I will lose my application fee's
Since you don't have enough experience to cover for the RPL (8 years minimum) you can either find out if your quals are recognized and spend your money this way, or just jump in head first and see what happens.

an alternative way would be to obtain one of vendor certifications that are recognized by the ACS in leiu of an IT Diploma. The list is on the ACS website. but that will also cost you time and money, and may not be related to what you do for a job.

As an aside, if you are so concerned about putting a few hundred at risk, you should be aware that immigration process costs thousands of dollars, and if you can not afford one of the smallest fees there are, perhaps you want to rethink if you want to immigrate at all.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

infypawan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECE JNTU Bachelors in technology ACS

Hi All,

I have completed my Bachelors of Technology degree(JNTU) in the year 2006.
My specialization is ECE(Electronics and communication).
My result was confirmed on May16th 2006 and from May 17th 2006 I have been working in IT(Systems analyst suites my responsibilities).

I'm planning to apply for Australia PR on or before June 30 2011.
So I need to get ACS clearance before this date.

Can I go ahead and apply for ACS straight away with my 4 years experience or should I wait till May17th so that I will complete my 5years of it experience?.

If I appy for ACS after May17th and in case if I dont receive the acs result on time. Can I lodge the PR application on june 30th 2011 and send the ACS result later(within the next 28 days of PR application).

Thanks,
Pawan.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

indianidol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment process

Hi

I have mechanical degree but working in IT for almost a decade. I started my career as a software engineer and now for about last five years I am working as a business analyst. I submitted my skill assessment to ACS with RPL application as my degress was not in computers.

The assessor came back with suggestion that my skills are more suitable as a analyst programmer code 261311. But I strongly believe that the more appropriate code should be 261111 (ICT Business Analyst). I guess my RPL application detailed too much of technical skills that might have made assessor think that I am programmer. Has anyone come across such a situation. If so, please suggest how can I request ACS to assess me against business analyst?

I was thinking to get the following -
A letter explaining why I think BA should be the code.
Additional experience letters from my client managers/collegues with detailed tasks/responsibilities as a Business Analyst.

Let me know if the above should be the documentation or it should be something else? What should be the additional documentation (if any) sent to them? Any template/samples would be great help if someone can share.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:28 pm
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
Default Re: ACS assessment process

Originally Posted by indianidol
Hi

I have mechanical degree but working in IT for almost a decade. I started my career as a software engineer and now for about last five years I am working as a business analyst. I submitted my skill assessment to ACS with RPL application as my degress was not in computers.

The assessor came back with suggestion that my skills are more suitable as a analyst programmer code 261311. But I strongly believe that the more appropriate code should be 261111 (ICT Business Analyst). I guess my RPL application detailed too much of technical skills that might have made assessor think that I am programmer. Has anyone come across such a situation. If so, please suggest how can I request ACS to assess me against business analyst?

I was thinking to get the following -
A letter explaining why I think BA should be the code.
Additional experience letters from my client managers/collegues with detailed tasks/responsibilities as a Business Analyst.

Let me know if the above should be the documentation or it should be something else? What should be the additional documentation (if any) sent to them? Any template/samples would be great help if someone can share.

Thanks in advance.
Will Analyst Programmer (261311) not do the trick for you?

armandra!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.