Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:57 am
Just Joined

noback is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Skill Assessment questions

Thanks for your reply !
Regarding #1, so were your documents accepted finally? And may I know when you did that ?

I learned that months ago, people were still required to mail the hard-copies besides uploading the digital one, and right now, things changed, no hard copies are required anymore.

So I'm wondering whether you indeed mailed the hard-copies at that time along with online uploading?

Best Regards,
Noback

Originally Posted by itprofessional
1. Colored copies would be fine .... I had done that way when I completed my assessment.

2. You have to provide reference letter on letter head mentioning your salary, number of working hours/week, your designation, period of working there and your job responsibilities in detail in the form of bullets (better option).

3. Time of issuance doesn't matter, if a document is originally relating to you then its relating to you whether you have got that document today or years back.

Regards,

Umar Farooq.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:26 am
Banned

wafee123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS help

Hello
I live in pakistan , I would like to know what sould I select for ACS all my qualification and experience are in pakistan.

3. General Skills Assessment
4. Recognition Letter
5. RPL Assessment - (Recognition of Prior Learning)
Old Apr 10th 2013, 10:06 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: ACS help

Originally Posted by wafee123
Hello
I live in pakistan , I would like to know what sould I select for ACS all my qualification and experience are in pakistan.

3. General Skills Assessment
4. Recognition Letter
5. RPL Assessment - (Recognition of Prior Learning)
Acs assessment has nothing to do with Pakistan and vice versa. Go through acs website and choose the option that suits your circumstance.

Usman
Old Apr 10th 2013, 10:10 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noback
Thanks for your reply !
Regarding #1, so were your documents accepted finally? And may I know when you did that ?

I learned that months ago, people were still required to mail the hard-copies besides uploading the digital one, and right now, things changed, no hard copies are required anymore.

So I'm wondering whether you indeed mailed the hard-copies at that time along with online uploading?

Best Regards,
Noback
At the moment acs only require uploading scanned documents. To play safe, notarize copies of originals, scan and upload them. They will come in handy later on when uploading docs for diac as well.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

noback is an unknown quantity at this point

@uzi, so are you saying that DIAC also requires 'certified copy' instead of color-scanned copies of original?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 11:26 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

Originally Posted by noback
@uzi, so are you saying that DIAC also requires 'certified copy' instead of color-scanned copies of original?
preferred, not "required"! http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm

DIAC will accept color scanned copies, however, it is not mentioned in any of the official link that I have seen; case officers do accept color scans though (I submitted color scan copy of my updated passport, for instance).

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

andrew2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS nominated ocupation help required

hello
I am now ACS project report form to apply skill assessment from ACS, and nominated occupation I expect is "Analyst Programmer - 261311". However my current job title is "senior system analyst/system analyst" and have been worked under this title for more than 6 years even my job duties also covered some tasks like coding, testing stuff. It seems that my job title is more likely to apply another occupation "Systems Analyst - 261112" listed in ACS. My quest here is that would I get positive result if I applied for nominated occupation "Analyst Programmer - 261311" from ACS. Also for ACS project report form, do I need get any evidence to support knowledge and project experience I claimed in project report form except for employment reference documet? Here I attach job desciption for the two occupations

Analyst Programmer - 261311
Job description
Analyses user needs, produces requirements documentation and system plans, and encodes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents programs and applications.
Systems Analyst - 261112
Job description
Evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems, proposes modifications, additional system components or new systems to meet user needs as expressed in specifications and other documentation.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

ausaspirant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Contractor ACS assessment

Hi

I have been working in UK as an IT Contractor of the past five years. I am planning to apply for acs assessment for 189 visa.

May I know if any of you had successfully received ACS assessment as IT contractor? Also, please help with the list of documents to be submitted.

Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:48 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Multiple threads merged.

Welcome to our new members. I've moved your questions into the existing ACS thread, as there are quite a few people who have contributed to the thread thus far, and so you may find the answers you need. Have a read through the thread, and if the answer's not there already, then hopefully someone will be along soon that can help you.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

andrew2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS nominated ocupation help required

as I am near to submit form for skill assessment, would really apprieate if anyone provide advise or share experience for this

Originally Posted by andrew2013
hello
I am now ACS project report form to apply skill assessment from ACS, and nominated occupation I expect is "Analyst Programmer - 261311". However my current job title is "senior system analyst/system analyst" and have been worked under this title for more than 6 years even my job duties also covered some tasks like coding, testing stuff. It seems that my job title is more likely to apply another occupation "Systems Analyst - 261112" listed in ACS. My quest here is that would I get positive result if I applied for nominated occupation "Analyst Programmer - 261311" from ACS. Also for ACS project report form, do I need get any evidence to support knowledge and project experience I claimed in project report form except for employment reference documet? Here I attach job desciption for the two occupations

Analyst Programmer - 261311
Job description
Analyses user needs, produces requirements documentation and system plans, and encodes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents programs and applications.
Systems Analyst - 261112
Job description
Evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems, proposes modifications, additional system components or new systems to meet user needs as expressed in specifications and other documentation.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:54 am
Just Joined

VincentLuf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to file an ACS Application

hello, I'm getting ready to submit my Skills Assessment to the ACS. I have all documents but could someone tell me if a resume/CV required as in the ACS guidelines it is not stated.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:46 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to file an ACS Application

is that possible with 2-different codes from the same organization?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all
Default ACS, SOL tiers, 489 visa and more...

So, after getting back to the UK last year after living in the States for 6 years, we appear to be getting itchy feet again. The curse of the expat.

We both loved Australia when we went out there last year - I've got family there, my best friend moved out there in January, and, frankly, that's more than we have in the UK at the moment. Plus we loved the standard of living, the environment and the amenities, although it'll take my wife a while to get used to the spiders. So we're thinking of dipping our toes into the murky waters of the immigration process.

Firstly, my cousin out there (Aussie citizen) is prepared to sponsor us for a 489 visa. So that's a good start. That still relies on me proving my worth for a job over there though, since I am very experienced but don't have a degree.

I'm a software developer primarily working on website-related back-end stuff (databases, Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, etc) - I see web developer is on the SOL list, but only in tier 2. What does this mean? I gather it's something to do with individual state migration plans, but not much more than that - we'd be looking to go to Melbourne. Also, since I have more or less the same skillset as a regular, non-web-based developer, could I go for Analyst Developer instead, since it's in tier 1? Does it have to follow the job titles that I have on my CV?

So, assuming I get as far as applying for an ACS evaluation, what does that involve? I've read their website and it's fairly light on specifics.

The other option is that my wife has a degree in English and another in photography - she's far more qualified than me but has less work experience. The problem is that I can't see a job on the SOL list that she could do... any suggestions?

Also, what's the path from a 489 to citizenship?

Any and all help and suggestions are gratefully received.

Last edited by Rusty Chainsaw; Apr 23rd 2013 at 10:28 am. Reason: Added one more question!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Myzeina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Skill Assessment Help

Dear All,
the current Experience letter that i have didn't mention any duties.however, my x manager has already left my x company .

i have two questions

1.if i get SD from my x-manager will this be considered by ACS?

2.i don't understand how the SD should be on a stamp paper ,i'm living in saudi arabia and we don't have that concept . if i get the SD on a normal white paper ,will this be considered by ACS

Thank u
Old May 14th 2013, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

VincentLuf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Who applied ACS on the 30th April my application is currently 'With Assessor'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.