Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

prattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Originally Posted by australia.ind
Guys,

I have got my ACS skill assessment today
I submitted my application on dec ,by the time my exp was 7 years and 10 months.

ACS have given me 7 years and 10 months in the assessment.
Now I have completed my 8 years.So in EOI will I be able use the remaining 2 months to claim 5 points?

Please advice.I'm confused.
All your exact qualifying experience should be accessed to get points. DIAC may consider that you are continuing your current occupation.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:35 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

I just wanted to mention that I learned today that DIAC has now reached the ceiling for the occupational unit group 2611xx, meaning that Business Analysts and Systems Analysts will now need to wait until 1 July before they can receive invitations to apply under SkillSelect. Hopefully those occupations will still be on relevant lists then.

I am not sure if there might still be people in the EOI queue capable of receiving invitations in these occupations, but I do doubt it. Apparently DIAC is not routinely updating all the data on SkillSelect and in this case the occupational ceiling data is apparently revised manually when they have time.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Blueboy732 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to file an ACS Application

Hi Everybody,

I have recently thought of immigrating to Australia from India. I am a MCA from a Indian university with around 6.5 years experience overall in software development. As a first step, I am currently thinking of filing for the ACS Application to get my skills assessed.

Now my questions

1)Is it a good idea to file this application on my own or better to take help from some consultants here,

2) How long is my ACS certification valid for. I guess it is one year. So if my letter is valid till lets say '20-March-2104", so would i need to get a result b4 that day or i need to file for my PR before that day.

3) A Company in the US is also filing for my H1-B visa. So in case i do get the visa, can i continue the process from the US.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: How to file an ACS Application

Any Help Please....
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blueboy732
Any Help Please....
Hi Blueboy

If you are applying for a US visa why not wait to see how that goes first - skills assessments can get expensive. However, if you choose to continue, whether or not you use an agent to assist you with the application is a personal choice - if everything is straight forward, and you understand the process there is no reason that you cannot do it yourself.

I'm not sure how long an ACS assessment would be considered valid, so if you do not want to proceed with an application at this time, why not wait to do the assessment?

I think you need to figure out what path you want to take and stick to one thing at a time.

Good luck
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

DANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any Help Please....
Dear friend,
I have been assessed by ACS twice with 2 different code. I did all the stages by myself; writing CV, filling forms and anything else without any help.
I think you should first choose which ANZCO code do you want to be assessed then organize your documents according to the job title. You can find out every title duties from the following link:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Programmers
( for example the above link is for Developer programmer)

The result is valid for 2 years. You can revalidate it after that.
As much as I know you can continue your immigration process from all over the world; so being in US will not a problem for your process.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I see that I can qualify under 3 different Codes. I just wanted to know which code is the best to use.

261311 ANALYST PROGRAMMER
261312 DEVELOPER PROGRAMMER
261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I am currently a senior developer(AVP) in a leading investment bank in India with overall around 7 years of experience. Can someone suggest which is the best Code to apply under. Also if possible the advantages and disadvantages of each code.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I see that I can qualify under 3 different Codes. I just wanted to know which code is the best to use.

261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I am currently a senior developer(AVP) in a leading investment bank in India with overall around 7 years of experience. Can someone suggest which is the best Code to apply under. Also if possible the advantages and disadvantages of each code.
You need to have a look at the duties and responsibilities of each and see which matches your experience, training, etc - no one else can tell you that. They are all the same group so will be subject to the same occupation ceiling.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Hey Thanks old.sparkles. All of them seem look very similar hence the question. I will probably go through each of them once again and then decide on the most appropriate Code. I somehow get the feeling that by atleast looking at my previous 2 designations, i might go for Software Engineer.

I was going through the document checklist needed for Submitting the application to ACS and have a couple of doubts there.

1) What can i do about my most recent company, the one in which i am working. I do not have any experience certificate for that company, donot want to ask the company as right now i do not want to show my intentions. Is there anything else I can attach like Pay stubs or something else.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

DANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I think choosing the best code depends on your visa situation. If you want to get a sponsership( subclass 190), so pay attention to the occupation list which is listed in each states. For example, (ict business analyst) is not wanted till july 2013. Otherwise, if you are going to submit for 189 subclass, you can be assessed under whole above codes, no difference.
However, I recommend you choose DEVELOPER PROGRAMER or SOFTWARE ENGINEER, bz they heve been mostly needed in recent years.
Then, You can arrange your documents according to their duties.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:55 pm

Hey Thanks old.sparkles. All of them seem look very similar hence the question. I will probably go through each of them once again and then decide on the most appropriate Code. I somehow get the feeling that by atleast looking at my previous 2 designations, i might go for Software Engineer.

I was going through the document checklist needed for Submitting the application to ACS and have a couple of doubts there.

1) What can i do about my most recent company, the one in which i am working. I do not have any experience certificate for that company, donot want to ask the company as right now i do not want to show my intentions. Is there anything else I can attach like Pay stubs or something else.
If you have a copy of your job offer or contract, that would be good. I was in a similar situation and asked a colleague to write a personal reference as well, an included a selection of payslips.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

@old.sparkles, I Guess Then that's what I will do. I will attach my offer letter and attach a copy of my latest 2 pay slip. I already have 4 years experience prior to this and hence this may not be that crucial.

@DANA123. Thanks for your help. I guess then i would go with Software Engineer.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Now another Question.This is regarding the requirement of Employee Reference.

I overall have around 7 years expirience in basically big Investment Banks like Goldman Sachs and Barclays Capital. I really doubt the HR of these companies would take the pain of creating those letters for me. I cannot even approach my manager in the previous company as he has already left the country. So what are the other options do i have.

What i have right now is expirience certificate. Wich just states that I had worked in the company XYZ from X Date to Y date at a ABC designation. I can also attach pay stubs and my current Visiting Card as further prrof. I can also add a Self Staturoty declaration indicating my duties performed. This might be just a part of my Resume. Do you think ACS would create a fuss with these document.

How fussy is ACS Genrally with respect to Employment Reference Documents.

Also I have done my Bachalors in Finance and later done my masters in Computer Science. So will this also create any sort of issues.

Sorry Guys, I might be boring you with a loong set of questions. But I am just a bit nervous.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

HungryFoolish is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Blueboy732,
I am also struggling with same current and previous Employee reference letter. Do you have any further update on it ?

Thanks as always.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:30 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DANA123
Dear friend,
I have been assessed by ACS twice with 2 different code. I did all the stages by myself; writing CV, filling forms and anything else without any help.
I think you should first choose which ANZCO code do you want to be assessed then organize your documents according to the job title. You can find out every title duties from the following link:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Programmers
( for example the above link is for Developer programmer)

The result is valid for 2 years. You can revalidate it after that.
As much as I know you can continue your immigration process from all over the world; so being in US will not a problem for your process.
is CV necessary to upload?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.