Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

indianidol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS assessment process

Originally Posted by armandra
Will Analyst Programmer (261311) not do the trick for you?

armandra!
It may or may not. Reason being it would get me the 60 points for the skills on demand but I am not sure if I can get additional 10 points for the specific experience in the nominated (or related) occupation as I have been working as a business analyst and not programmer in the last 5 years. DIAC may consider experience as BA being occupation related to the nominated field and give me 10 points. But that I do not know for sure.

Secondly, there are grim chances for having state sponsorship for analyst programmer. As a ICT BA (261111) I can still hope to get the state sponsorship when they republish the list for 2011/12 in July 2011.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:07 pm
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
Default Re: ACS assessment process

Originally Posted by indianidol
It may or may not. Reason being it would get me the 60 points for the skills on demand but I am not sure if I can get additional 10 points for the specific experience in the nominated (or related) occupation as I have been working as a business analyst and not programmer in the last 5 years. DIAC may consider experience as BA being occupation related to the nominated field and give me 10 points. But that I do not know for sure.

Secondly, there are grim chances for having state sponsorship for analyst programmer. As a ICT BA (261111) I can still hope to get the state sponsorship when they republish the list for 2011/12 in July 2011.
So, you've got your reasons. Do you know NOT all case officers at ACS actually take pain and get back to the applicant saying your duties/responsibilities are unsuitable to be assessed for the nominated occupation (in your case 261111) and suggest another one (261311)? The point is, consider yourself lucky as the CO has every right to just process the app and send a negative assessment letter with the sentence "...hence, unsuitable to be assessed as BA".
1. What if your belief (that the duties/responsibilities are more inclined to that of a BA) isn't the same as per ACS guidelines? Definitely, the CO must have reviewed your case carefully and suggested Analyst Programmer.

2. Not sure if the CO would actually accept extra documentation since they didn't ask for it at this stage. And what if the detailed docs too correspond to the duties of Analyst Programmer (again going by ACS guidelines)?

3. The job title(s) you hold/held in the past has/have nothing to do with ACS and DIAC. The corresponding occupation you nominate with ACS and eventually with DIAC ought to be based on the job duties/responsibilities and nothing else.
IMHO, you may try convincing your CO by sending the docs (with detailed duties/responsibilities) you've listed in your earlier post, but the CO is in no obligation to accept it. Take an informed decision.

P.S: You can contact a MARA registered migration agent as well.

Good luck

armandra!

Last edited by armandra; Feb 15th 2011 at 3:10 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:51 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ACS Skills assessment

Hi !!!

Regarding ACS application I need to provide them with some evidence regarding my job history.

How many payslips and tax returns should I send to ACS? One payslip/month for every year of full-time employment or just one payslip/year?

Because for some years I was self'-employed, should I send to ACS every invoice I did/received in that period? It is a massive pack of docs...

Is it the same for VETASSES and TRA?

Thank you in advance,
Anthony
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:24 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Skills assessment

Originally Posted by anthony1972
Hi !!!

Regarding ACS application I need to provide them with some evidence regarding my job history.

How many payslips and tax returns should I send to ACS? One payslip/month for every year of full-time employment or just one payslip/year?

Because for some years I was self'-employed, should I send to ACS every invoice I did/received in that period? It is a massive pack of docs...

Is it the same for VETASSES and TRA?

Thank you in advance,
Anthony
if you go with the ACS, VETASSESS and TRA processes are irrelevant, so lets focus on the ACS application.

Re. payslips and tax returns - you need to clearly establish that your services have been paid for, so the tax returns will do. On my end I have never sent any payslips, and it was fine.

Re. being self employed - there is a section in the ACS site's FAQ covering what kind of documents is acceptable. I recall that invoices is one of the few things that do not count unfortunately.

Most important part of your application are the reference letters from your employers/customers with direct knowledge of what you did - you need to have a solid history tying your work (full time equivalents, detailed duty statements, "at professional level", etc.) with being paid for it (tax/bank statements).

If you did a bunch of small-ish contracts, it may be a pain to collect all those, though if you have more experience than necessary (based on your education) you can skip some of the difficult ones. And yes, it can be rapidly turning into a 100-page package, not a thing unheard of.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:43 pm
Hello World!

anthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond reputeanthony1972 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
if you go with the ACS, VETASSESS and TRA processes are irrelevant, so lets focus on the ACS application.

Re. payslips and tax returns - you need to clearly establish that your services have been paid for, so the tax returns will do. On my end I have never sent any payslips, and it was fine.

Re. being self employed - there is a section in the ACS site's FAQ covering what kind of documents is acceptable. I recall that invoices is one of the few things that do not count unfortunately.

Most important part of your application are the reference letters from your employers/customers with direct knowledge of what you did - you need to have a solid history tying your work (full time equivalents, detailed duty statements, "at professional level", etc.) with being paid for it (tax/bank statements).

If you did a bunch of small-ish contracts, it may be a pain to collect all those, though if you have more experience than necessary (based on your education) you can skip some of the difficult ones. And yes, it can be rapidly turning into a 100-page package, not a thing unheard of.
OK, I have understood. So, as self-employed it's ok to send them just the tax returns, contracts, bank statements and customers references...right?

But as I could say...and therein lies the rub. Because my self-employed clients are the same companies where I worked for as employed.

So, same duties, same people...everything. What could I do? A copy???
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:18 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I have understood. So, as self-employed it's ok to send them just the tax returns, contracts, bank statements and customers references...right?
well, if this is what their FAQ says, it must be right.

But as I could say...and therein lies the rub. Because my self-employed clients are the same companies where I worked for as employed.

So, same duties, same people...everything. What could I do? A copy???
I had two ref letters from two of my consecutive managers on the same job, because it allowed me to have a broader description of skills. As similar as the jobs were in several aspects, I thought that specifics were best to be signed off by who knew them best. So, if your position was essentially the same working for the same person and only the contractual arrangement had changed, then write a paragraph somewhere in the ref letter, clearly stating that between A and B dates you were a (full-time or part time - very important) employee, and from C and D you were a contractor performing same/less/additional duties as described here and there. If your manager will be willing to sign it as a one and the same letter, I personally see no reason in writing two. Your choice in the end, but why waste paper if you don't have to.

I would also emphasize this in a cover letter, where you summarize all the evidence you attach to your application, esp. since it is unwieldy, just to make the case officer's life a bit easier. Indicate that period of employment is supported by the X, Y and Z attachments and the subsequent period of employment in the same place is supported by (ran out of alphabet )))
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:38 pm
Hello World!

Originally Posted by newjersey
well, if this is what their FAQ says, it must be right.

I had two ref letters from two of my consecutive managers on the same job, because it allowed me to have a broader description of skills. As similar as the jobs were in several aspects, I thought that specifics were best to be signed off by who knew them best. So, if your position was essentially the same working for the same person and only the contractual arrangement had changed, then write a paragraph somewhere in the ref letter, clearly stating that between A and B dates you were a (full-time or part time - very important) employee, and from C and D you were a contractor performing same/less/additional duties as described here and there. If your manager will be willing to sign it as a one and the same letter, I personally see no reason in writing two. Your choice in the end, but why waste paper if you don't have to.

I would also emphasize this in a cover letter, where you summarize all the evidence you attach to your application, esp. since it is unwieldy, just to make the case officer's life a bit easier. Indicate that period of employment is supported by the X, Y and Z attachments and the subsequent period of employment in the same place is supported by (ran out of alphabet )))
Thanks mate, very helpful!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:54 am
Hello World!

A company where I worked for no longer exists. Along with a personal statement in which I declare why I can't provide a reference, do I need to corroborate my statement with the following docs?

- Official declaration of bankrupcy by the legal trustee
- A reference by a collegue of mine, in an higher position than me

Or is it ok to provide just one of these docs?

Thanks!

Last edited by anthony1972; Feb 18th 2011 at 12:56 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Nile is an unknown quantity at this point

Small query ..I have worked in one company for 6 months,and i do have exp certificate for 6 months,later i am working in another company for 5 years,and i do have tax proof and all.In total 5.6 years..so if i go for ACS assessment do i need to show first company tax return as I am not having,
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:35 am

A company where I worked for no longer exists. Along with a personal statement in which I declare why I can't provide a reference, do I need to corroborate my statement with the following docs?

- Official declaration of bankrupcy by the legal trustee
- A reference by a collegue of mine, in an higher position than me

Or is it ok to provide just one of these docs?

Thanks!
references are a must. Track your colleagues down. Self declaration is unlikely to work (Especially if it is a cornerstone of your application, small matters would probably fly, but you'd never know upfront), you need a corroborative statement from a higher standing position, familiar with your work. Have a paragraph in the letter, describing your working relationship in the defunct company just to be sure.

So you know, the CO's in the ACS have a right to request additional information, but may chose not to.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Nile
Small query ..I have worked in one company for 6 months,and i do have exp certificate for 6 months,later i am working in another company for 5 years,and i do have tax proof and all.In total 5.6 years..so if i go for ACS assessment do i need to show first company tax return as I am not having,
Stealing threads is bad netiquette. Start your own.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

muzaffar_ali99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No response from ACS after 3 months reached today

Hi
I have received no response from ACS and 3 months completed today, and online status still shows "In Porgress" should i contact ACS asking about my status and case finalization?

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

bbulsara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No response from ACS after 3 months reached today

Originally Posted by muzaffar_ali99
Hi
I have received no response from ACS and 3 months completed today, and online status still shows "In Porgress" should i contact ACS asking about my status and case finalization?

Thanks
Hi

ACS takes around 12 Weeks Time. Still wait might get it Soon
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No response from ACS after 3 months reached today

Originally Posted by muzaffar_ali99
Hi

Thanks
They normally take 10 to 12 weeks and I think you will soon get positive assessment form them
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:16 am
Just Joined

muzaffar_ali99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Assessment Application (merged threads)

@bbulsara i send them query and they said my case officer will look into matter
@ U Jay thanks so much for wish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.