Wikiposts

ACS Application

Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:42 am
Just Joined

JimandKay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Application

Posted this in the wrong forum before.

Basically, I have a BTEC HND in software Engineering (2 years full time) and 8 years UAT experience. Wondering if ACS would see this as good enough for thier assessment?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:48 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of
Default Re: ACS Application

Originally posted by JimandKay
Posted this in the wrong forum before.

Basically, I have a BTEC HND in software Engineering (2 years full time) and 8 years UAT experience. Wondering if ACS would see this as good enough for thier assessment?

Hi There!

If you can back it up with references from your place(s) of work - and show them exactly what you have learned and are continuing to learn (through the recognition of prior learning route) You may have sufficient to gain a positive assessment. Have you checked out the ACS website? www.acs.org.au

All the best ! Jamie
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:59 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied to ACS with a HND and about the same amount of work experience as you and haven;t encountered any problems.

As long as you've been doing that trade for the last 3 out of 4 years and can prove it, you shouldn't have too much trouble.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

JimandKay is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the British Computer Society (BCS) website I have enough work experience and high enough qualification to join them.

Does joining BCS definitely help with the ACS assessment?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Joining BCS only helps if you become a Chartered MBCS member. Any grade of BCS membership below that is unlikely to help.

But your HND *should* be equivalent to an Australian IT diploma, and with 6 years work experience you may have enough to be skill assessed in Group B for ACS. Have you read the skill assessment guidelines on the ACS website?

Jeremy

Originally posted by JimandKay
According to the British Computer Society (BCS) website I have enough work experience and high enough qualification to join them.

Does joining BCS definitely help with the ACS assessment?