ACS ANZSCO queries

Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

bbulsara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM 175 and skills re-assessment from ACS

Originally Posted by naikmn
Hi bbulsara,

My husband had claimed work experience exemption based on 2 yr study in Aus and got ASCO code 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate) which was a subset of ASCO code 2231-79(nec). Hence we used "Recent Graduate of an Australian University in Australia" application. Below are all different application categories for SA.

According to what I know, if you have completed 2 yr study in australia and also worked and got previous assessment based on both these qualifications then you will need "Recent Graduate of an Australian University in Australia, wanting ICT experience considered" application for re-assessment.
          If not, then I think you will have to use either "skills application" or "RPL" depending on your circumstances.

Cheers
          Hi

Thanks for Quick Reply,

Did u apply online or paper base application?
          Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:56 pm
          Just Joined

naikmn is an unknown quantity at this point
          Default Re: GSM 175 and skills re-assessment from ACS

Online.
          Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:53 pm
          Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
          Default Re: Skill assessment for ACS

Originally Posted by deepakrtmail.com
          Hi,

I am applying for skills assessment from Australian Computer Society.My previous organizations not mentioned my role and duties in work experience certificate.I requested them to give details of role and responsibilities on separate letter head.But my last employer is not providing me such kind of document.

Will it effect on my assessment process.What is alternate of this?

How I can force my previous employer to give this document.Please give your suggestions.

With Regards
          D.Rathi
          You can't force your employer to give the doc. What you can do is:

1. Get a statutory declaration from your immediate manager (along with his/her business card), who supervised your work during your tenure at that particular organisation, stating he/she was responsible for supervising your work and listing the job duties/responsibilities (search the forum for what 'statutory declaration' is and you can even refer to ACS skills assessment FAQs)

2. Get statutory declaration(s) from your former colleagues along with their business cards/employment letter issues on company letterhead/salary slips, etc describing your duties and responsibilities and stating that they worked along with you from xxxx to yyyy (day included along with month and year)

3. Either 1 or 2 and a self statutory declaration stating the above.

Any duties/responsibilities letter/doc ought to have the following info:

1. Your:
          a. Full name
          b. designation
          c. dates of employment (day included)
          d. whether the job was full time or part time and no of hours per week
          e. duties/responsibilities
          2. The person(s):
          a. Full name
          b. designation
          c. in what capacity does he/she know you (e.g., colleague/manager...)
          d. contact no and email
          e. business card/salary slip/something else to prove they did work along with you

armandra!
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:25 am
          Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough
          Default Re: ACS - International Transfer/Direct Debit Codes

Thanks Mirob for suggestion. I was not aware of pre-paid credit card.

However, I finally made payment. For others in same situation.

Often SWIFT code is not mandatory.

With only the BSB code and account number you can successfully make transfer to Australia by online bank transfer method
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:18 pm
          Just Joined

indianidol is an unknown quantity at this point
          Default ACS - assessor came back with different code

Hi

I started my career 9 yrs back as a software enginner. I did some coding for initial years and for last 4 years working as a business analyst. While applying for ACS evaluation I selected ANZSCO 261111 but the assessor came back that I would be more suitable for 261311.

1. How would it affect me changing the code?

2. Based on SOL, both these codes get me 60 points. But would I get additional 10 point for having specific work experience? I have been working as business analyst and performing tasks like gathering requirements, writing requirements, test plans, testing, user guides, business process analyses.

3. Additionally, how one has to claim those additional points for specific experience. Does ACS letter will talk about those additional points being awarded?

4. Assuming everything goes well, I get PR. Can I do a job as a Business Analyst or I have to do a programmer analyst job only?

Thanks in advance
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:27 pm
          Just Joined

Default Re: ANZSCO codes 261312 and 261313

Originally Posted by sanjuwakhare
          Another thing is, If I get a visa with what ever nominated code, does this code affects getting a job in Australia. I mean, does employers have any restriction. In my opinion it should NOT affect in anyway. Job will purely depend on interview. But I thought better to clear my doubt
          I am in the similar situation. I submitted RPL for 261111 but ACS came back that I am more suitable to 261311. Do you know if I can get any job once in Australia or have to look only job code approved by ACS?
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:32 pm
          Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by indianidol
          I am in the similar situation. I submitted RPL for 261111 but ACS came back that I am more suitable to 261311. Do you know if I can get any job once in Australia or have to look only job code approved by ACS?
          You can work in whichever field you want mate!!!! Dont worry about that !!!
          cheers
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:47 pm
          Just Joined

Originally Posted by umair
          Hi,
          According to your job roles and responsibilities, Developer Programmer suits your profile. However designation doe not matter. ACS will look for the job description which you will provide.

Thanks.
          @umair or @sanjuwakhare - if you can answer.

Similar situation where ACS came with different code. I am having the points as 25 for age, 25 for english, 60for ACS qualifications. ACS came back (261311) with a different code than I requested them (261111). I am currently working as a business analyst which to me is what i requested. Now how would I get another 10 points for specific experience in nominated skill (261311). Do I get that automatically based on the ACS approval letter? If so then I do not have to fight back with ACS to stick to the requested code. Otherwise If I accept 261311 then I would would need to apply for 176. If 176, do I need to get any spnosorship letter or form from my relative (my wife's sister is married to Citizen).

Any thoughts please.
          Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:19 pm
          Just Joined

Mego is an unknown quantity at this point
          Default ACS Assessment - some questions

Hi all

This is my first post here, So a quick intro, I'm Maged, a computers and systems engineer from Egypt (the new one )

I'm getting ready for applying for the skilled sponsored visa (176).
          My next (and first) step is applying for the ACS assessment and I have some questions that I would appreciate if I can get your thoughts/opinions about.

My uni studies was as the following:
          First year: General Engineering courses
          2nd and 3rd year: Electrical Engineering courses
          4th and 5th year: Computers and Systems courses

After my university I took a 9-month diploma in ERP - SAP MM & SD modules.
          I'm a certified microsoft web developer(July2008) and also passed two SAP certificates (Dec2010 both).
          I've started working for HP Egypt since May2009 and still currently working for HP. I have worked for big accounts in Germany, Netherlands, and Switzerland. I have also received recognition mails and have been selected as one of HP EMEA top achievers.

My questions:

1- Which ANZCO code best suits my case? I'm thinking about Business Analyst.
          2- How long does it normally take for ACS assessment? ( I want to make sure that I will apply for the visa with the current points system, not the new one)
          3- Would my work experience be accepted? they are requesting at least 2 years experience. Do they stick firmly to the 2 years rule or would the diploma/certificates/recognition e-mails make for the 2-3 months difference?
          4- Can I start applying for the visa before receiving my skill assessment result? If it's allowed, I'm thinking about applying for the visa max. by 1 June 2011 and then send the ACS assessment result if I passed it, else if I didn't pass the ACS assessment, I would just cancel my visa request.

Sorry for it being so long, but would be very happy to know your thoughts/opinions.

Regards,
          Mego.
          Old Feb 12th 2011, 12:36 am
          Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
          Default Re: australian computer society queries

Threads merged.
          Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:52 am
          BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Hi mate,
          In order to get 10 points for specific experience, you have to provide the DIAC an experience letter which claims your experience and your roles plus other evidences like payslips, tax statements etc...

Thanks.

Originally Posted by indianidol
          @umair or @sanjuwakhare - if you can answer.

Similar situation where ACS came with different code. I am having the points as 25 for age, 25 for english, 60for ACS qualifications. ACS came back (261311) with a different code than I requested them (261111). I am currently working as a business analyst which to me is what i requested. Now how would I get another 10 points for specific experience in nominated skill (261311). Do I get that automatically based on the ACS approval letter? If so then I do not have to fight back with ACS to stick to the requested code. Otherwise If I accept 261311 then I would would need to apply for 176. If 176, do I need to get any spnosorship letter or form from my relative (my wife's sister is married to Citizen).

Any thoughts please.
          Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:53 am
          Just Joined

Originally Posted by umair
          Hi mate,
          In order to get 10 points for specific experience, you have to provide the DIAC an experience letter which claims your experience and your roles plus other evidences like payslips, tax statements etc...

Thanks.
          Payslips, employment veriication letters are fine. Will the Experience letters provided to ACS work or I would need new set of letters?
          Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:44 pm
          Forum Regular

Default ACS 'Documents Received' email

Hello Guys,

I applied to ACS on 1st FEB 2011 and sent the document packet on the early morning of 2nd FEB. Today its 13th FEB. I have not received a 'documents received' email from ACS. I have sent the mail from UK.

Someone on this forum said that ACS responds via email after documents reach them.

I want to ask what is your experience. How quickly ACS sends email. I am worried because its almost 13 days now and I have not received acknowledgment of 'documents received'.

5 days back I had checked the status of mail. And the status said that the packed has already reached Australia.

Is it true that ACS ALWAYS sends email with subject 'documents received'?

Many thanks
          sanju
          Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:19 am
          BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all
          Default Re: ACS 'Documents Received' email

Originally Posted by sanjuwakhare
          Hello Guys,

I applied to ACS on 1st FEB 2011 and sent the document packet on the early morning of 2nd FEB. Today its 13th FEB. I have not received a 'documents received' email from ACS. I have sent the mail from UK.

Someone on this forum said that ACS responds via email after documents reach them.

I want to ask what is your experience. How quickly ACS sends email. I am worried because its almost 13 days now and I have not received acknowledgment of 'documents received'.

5 days back I had checked the status of mail. And the status said that the packed has already reached Australia.

Is it true that ACS ALWAYS sends email with subject 'documents received'?

Many thanks
          sanju

I was never acknowledged. I directly received the final assessment letter after 30 days..
          Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:18 pm
          Forum Regular

arntoh is an unknown quantity at this point
          Default Re: ACS ANZSCO queries

Neither was I acknowledged, but I followed up with my courier and confirmed delivery of the documents at ACS, also do check on the application status online and you should see the status change to in-process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.