ACS-2009 Applicants!

Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

denver09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS-2009 Applicants!

It depends on employers. As per my knowledge,they usually mention your job title and expalin your roles, responsibilities, duties, and so on. I will let you know about what my present employer included:

first page general stuffs like how long I am been there in the company,my salary, education required for the job, my expertise,and my job title: Software Programmer

2nd page job and responsibilties:
3rd page recent Project titles and platform(software used) for the application.
like 1...

I think this will help

But all employers are not identical. They have a different approach of writing, however the sense will be the same.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Solaris Admin is an unknown quantity at this point

I see, thank you very much

some employers are reluctant to give such papers specially current employers who will think you're looking for another job

Anyway, I will try to get them to write as much as possible and will send them along with my official certifications from Sun (which are a lot), and hope ACS agrees. I will update you guys here

Good luck everybody

Originally Posted by denver09
It depends on employers. As per my knowledge,they usually mention your job title and expalin your roles, responsibilities, duties, and so on. I will let you know about what my present employer included:

first page general stuffs like how long I am been there in the company,my salary, education required for the job, my expertise,and my job title: Software Programmer

2nd page job and responsibilties:
3rd page recent Project titles and platform(software used) for the application.
like 1...

I think this will help

But all employers are not identical. They have a different approach of writing, however the sense will be the same.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Himanshuaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Solaris Admin
I see, thank you very much

some employers are reluctant to give such papers specially current employers who will think you're looking for another job

Anyway, I will try to get them to write as much as possible and will send them along with my official certifications from Sun (which are a lot), and hope ACS agrees. I will update you guys here

Good luck everybody
Yes, that the biggest challenge, they will try and shut you up by saying their company policy doesnt allows it

But there is nothing impossible you have to go through the right and correct approach, then they will agree to it

Just don't let them relax is the key...plead hard if required... and look our for a connection(colleague) who is currently working in your ex company....

hope this helps...

I have taken out the references from my OLD employers.....Iam working hard on the current one

Wish me luck guys
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:49 am
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Great to hear from so many people about their experiences.
Here is my status

Feb 3 2009: Application Submitted online
Feb 3 3009: Acknowledgment Received
Following few days : To be allocated
Feb 19 2009: In Process

I submitted sealed transcript too and now I am worried too.

Thanks
Aj

Originally Posted by denver09
Folks, I got contacted from ACS today for my certified transcipts. I sent them my transcips in a sealed envelope( thats what we do in the US) both Undergrad and Masters. But they wanted new certified ones. Although its not a biggie, sounds quite unconvincing.

Anyway, they received my docs on 28th Jan,09 for C++, Java (MODL)and I got my reference no. within a week. My status was to be allocated couple of days back and I didn't check it last weekend. Now, a case officer has been assigned and status is documents awaiting.

Good news is :they are saying after certified transcipts no further docs are required; sounds like they got satisfied with my reference letters. i had more than 6 pages reference letters from two employers (current and past) with some project titles mentioned.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Dofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really niceDofus is just really nice

Hey all,

Just a quick bump to see if anyone has gotten any updates recently?

I'm still "in progress" with an assessor name but it's been that way for a couple of weeks now.

Just entering the ten week stage, so fingers crossed only two or so weeks left to go.. well only two or so weeks to go until I really start pulling my hair out

Cheers,
Dofus
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

dominik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I used the somewhat new online application in the end of February.
Had to send the documents in physical, paper form all over again as certified copies. They went off by courier today.

Current state:
Date Received 20-February-2009
Event Type Skills Assessment
Status Awaiting documents
Managed By XXXXXXXXX
Registered Post No

Cheers,
Nik
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

I had to confirm/declare my application and references were true (I guess this is normal) and now my status says awaiting documents and managed by a person's name. Hopefully this means something will happen soon.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Satch_Boogie
I had to confirm/declare my application and references were true (I guess this is normal) and now my status says awaiting documents and managed by a person's name. Hopefully this means something will happen soon.
Mine got sent in yesterday (12/03/09) by the agent.

Now comes the wait.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Changed to In Process today Friday 13th () March 2009.

Status In process
Managed By Rxxxxxxx Bxxxxxx

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Last edited by Alfresco; Mar 13th 2009 at 6:57 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

dipenpatel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Changed to In Process today Friday 13th () March 2009.

Status In process

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
mine is also same

Date Received 02-February-2009
Status In process

waiting for status change
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

aleclloyd1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

New to this, just thought i'd ask. Do any of you know whether a CompTia qualification is recognised through ACS programme?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Never thought I'd manage it ..........

But I am now only checking every other day - Oh how things have changed
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

rachyj will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Never thought I'd manage it ..........

But I am now only checking every other day - Oh how things have changed
How sensible Myrtle-Im still checking every morning,its become part of my routine like brushing my teeth!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:53 am

dhreetiman will become famous soon enoughdhreetiman will become famous soon enough

hey folks,

nice to see so many discussions in the fourm. i just joined the website a couple of days back and was goin thru some of the discussions..

i've just applied for the ACS assessment.

ACS recieved it on 6th March and still "to be allocated"

guess even Easter holidays are coming in next month.. so can expect to take atleast 3 months or may be more..
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:09 pm
Banned

mandhani is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Mine application was sent to ACS on 6th March as well and current status is documents awaiting. My agent says that the documents will reach to him in Australia on 20th Mar and thereafter it will be submitted to ACS.

Regards
Mandhani

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.