Default Re: ACS-2009 Applicants!

Thank you very much
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

rachyj will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Well - am quite chuffed now too!
We just got our acknowledgement 2 mins ago - what a coincidence!
But it does state on the e-mail that the waiting time is 12 weeks (not the 10-12 I thought it used to state!)
No record of us online yet though.
Hi Myrtle!
Is there a record of you online yet? I keep checking mine just to make sure there hasnt been a mistake!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rachyj
Hi Myrtle!
Is there a record of you online yet? I keep checking mine just to make sure there hasnt been a mistake!
Nope - Just says 'no record found' - am not too worried yet (I don't think) as I am sure I have seen others say they have had this comment before

We are going for the CSL and MODL but not the RPL that you are - it seems as that's a possible reason for the speed of yours? Will keep in touch!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Nope - Just says 'no record found' - am not too worried yet (I don't think) as I am sure I have seen others say they have had this comment before

We are going for the CSL and MODL but not the RPL that you are - it seems as that's a possible reason for the speed of yours? Will keep in touch!
The more I hear,the more I agree with you,maybe they are allocating the RPL applications quicker because they take longer to look through with all the info...

Yes,let me know when you get an update-Im sure it will be v.soon
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rachyj
Thought Id start a new thread for 2009 applicants....
Woohoo! After sending our ACS via agent the first week of Jan,we've finally got confirmation from them-and we're 'In process'!
Has anybody else had recent confirmation that they are in process? Thought it would be nice to go through the next 12 weeks with some of you that are similar timeline to us....

Rach
Hi. Can I be cheeky and ask how many refs you provided for ACM? My husband has an MCSE and +8 years in I.t including firewall/ network security and has decided to go for this as although he works for himself repairing local computers in homes he has lots of experience in buinesses and has decided to get refs from them who have all gladly agreed to provide them. The thing is he wants to get in my opinion a few too many although this can't be a bad thing as it demonstrates his ability to work in varying areas. What do you think? Also did you post or upload and who did you get to sign docs?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Hi. Can I be cheeky and ask how many refs you provided for ACM? My husband has an MCSE and +8 years in I.t including firewall/ network security and has decided to go for this as although he works for himself repairing local computers in homes he has lots of experience in buinesses and has decided to get refs from them who have all gladly agreed to provide them. The thing is he wants to get in my opinion a few too many although this can't be a bad thing as it demonstrates his ability to work in varying areas. What do you think? Also did you post or upload and who did you get to sign docs?
Hubby had 3 jobs spanning 10 years and was given HR refs which were very short and to the point. He backed this up with colleague refs for each job but as these were not on headed notepaper, he also wrote 3 statutory declarations to substantiate these, signed by a solicitor. We did all this on the advice of a friend who had been through the ACS process. We sent our application by courier.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Hi Kayelem
No probs! My hubby has actually provided 2 refs-one from his current employer,and one from his past employer,he's only ever worked for 2 companies. Just like Myrtles hubby,we had to back one of these ref's up as it was very short and quite vague,so he had to provide a stat declaration as well!If your hubby can get more than 2 then I assume this would help his application more? We have gone through an agent ,so everything was checked before we sent it,and they were happy with us only sending 2... In regards to signing docs,we paid a solicitor to do it-he charged us £15 to sign 10 docs approx...We sent our application in the post via our agent..

Hope this info helps,sorry if it's a bit vague,dont want to give you any wrong info as we havent passed ours yet-you just never know what they are after I suppose!

Good Luck with your application
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:40 am
Account Closed

I have managed to get a "To be allocated.." response when I track my application - but only once. Every other time it says.."no record found.." Hmmm
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

I have managed to get a "To be allocated.." response when I track my application - but only once. Every other time it says.."no record found.." Hmmm
To be honest,I struggled to get on a few times yesterday-maybe it plays up when it's busy? Just take it that you are being allocated-you're on the way
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone!

My wife submitted her 175 RPL & MODL C, C++, C# application via ASA Group to ACS last Friday 23rd Jan 2009.

Now the waiting begins...

Regards
Shaun
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hi Everyone!

My wife submitted her 175 RPL & MODL C, C++, C# application via ASA Group to ACS last Friday 23rd Jan 2009.

Regards
Shaun
Wishing you a speedy process
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Interesting reading all the timelines for the ACS - I have to say considering they are a "IT" skills assesment company their processes don't seem that efficient. I mean it would have been great to have a full online application process like immi...

Anyway good luck everyone in this process I know how painful and worrying the waiting is!!

My Timeline from 2008!
29 February 2008 Sent ACS Skills via International Signed for
07 March 2008 ACS Application Ackowledged
13 March 2008 Email to say need to do RPL (BTEC ND no good)
14 March 2008 ACS status- Awaiting documents
28 March 2008 RPL Application sent via International Signed for
09 April 2008 ACS status- In Process
16 May 2008 ACS Status - With Assessor
22 May 2008 ACS Results Letter arrived : + 2231-79 (Security) MODL

Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hi Everyone!

Regards
Shaun
Like Myrtle says-I wish you a speedy process too with a positive result at the end
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you a speedy process
Thanks Myrtle and all the speedy wishes to you too!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stellaman
Interesting reading all the timelines for the ACS - I have to say considering they are a "IT" skills assesment company their processes don't seem that efficient. I mean it would have been great to have a full online application process like immi...

Anyway good luck everyone in this process I know how painful and worrying the waiting is!!

My Timeline from 2008!
29 February 2008 Sent ACS Skills via International Signed for
07 March 2008 ACS Application Ackowledged
13 March 2008 Email to say need to do RPL (BTEC ND no good)
14 March 2008 ACS status- Awaiting documents
28 March 2008 RPL Application sent via International Signed for
09 April 2008 ACS status- In Process
16 May 2008 ACS Status - With Assessor
22 May 2008 ACS Results Letter arrived : + 2231-79 (Security) MODL

Thanks for this info stellaman,a guide timeline like this is really useful-my hubby is going for the 2231-79 security too,so I hope we get a positive result like you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.