acknowledgement and more info requested

Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

hallri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default acknowledgement and more info requested

Hi All,

After much pain (like you all) we sent off the old style 47SK form (with other bits) early July.
Today we received a letter from DIMIA asking for:

- more proof of my relationship with my european fiance (engaged since Jan'04). We've already sent a letter explaining how we met, holidays together etc, pics of us together, joint bank statements, council letter saying we lived at the same address. what more can we give?

- medicals. this is good news.

- proof of AUS$100k investment. Do they really want me to transfer the money to an investment NOW?

All before Oct'04

any help greatly appreciated.

Rich
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: acknowledgement and more info requested

Cant help you on the proof of relationship front. But on the proof of $100,000 I would think a letter from your bank to say you have this much or if you are using your house, a statement from mortgage lender, saying whats outstanding and a valuation from an estate agent.= to say what the value would be if you sold it.

Can't be sure though so check first.

Cheers Jo
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:58 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by hallri
Hi All,

After much pain (like you all) we sent off the old style 47SK form (with other bits) early July.

- more proof of my relationship with my european fiance (engaged since Jan'04). We've already sent a letter explaining how we met, holidays together etc, pics of us together, joint bank statements, council letter saying we lived at the same address. what more can we give?

Rich

I was asked for more info for my defacto visa - just THINK THINK THINK about anything that might be able to help. It took me just one weekend to put together more info and I got my visa.

If you need any more help, send me a PM
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

For the points test you don't get points for *having* the $100k, you get points for *investing* it in a designated investment.

Jeremy

Originally posted by joho
Cant help you on the proof of relationship front. But on the proof of $100,000 I would think a letter from your bank to say you have this much or if you are using your house, a statement from mortgage lender, saying whats outstanding and a valuation from an estate agent.= to say what the value would be if you sold it.

Can't be sure though so check first.

Cheers Jo
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hallri
Hi All,

- medicals. this is good news.

- proof of AUS$100k investment. Do they really want me to transfer the money to an investment NOW?

All before Oct'04

Rich
Hi Rich,

We are applying under Former Resident application and we have also recently had an acknowledgment from DIMIA and request for more information including more proof that my husband still keeps in contact with his parents in Australia.

I think we were quite green around the gills (so to speak) in assuming that the fact my husband spent 20 years in Oz growing up with his parents would be enough to satisfy the former resident criteria.

How wrong we were!!! His parents and friends in Oz have now had to get statutory declarations to say they still have ties with thier son/friend!!!! And we are now frantically contacting BT and credit card companies to get old statements of phone calls and prezzies that we have sent over.

They sure dont make it easy do they????

Soz to ramble on but good to get it off my chest......;-)