Accountant's please respond

Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future
Default Accountant's please respond

Hi,

My wife is working as an Analyst in a Major international accounting and consulting firm and she has been assessed as an Accountant by ICAA and also received State sponsorship from WA.

Following are some of her duties at work:

•Project Planning and Working with US team members on multiple projects.
• Analysing the data provided by the client and derives benefit for the clients by finding opportunities.
• Analysing and reviewing the Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of clients and finding out opportunities if any.
•Fixed Assets Analysis and Indirect Costs study for clients.
•Calculating depreciation for the fixed assets of clients in accordance with IRS Standards and codes.
•Drafting Memorandum's containing description of Work performed for Clients.
•Complying with client requirements and analyzing the data as per client requirements.

Do these duties match up to what accountants generally do? I am worried because her designation doesn't contain the word "Accountant", will DIAC accept the above duties equivalent to that of an Accountant?

Thanks,
bannie

Last edited by bannie; Jul 15th 2009 at 8:58 am.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountant's please respond

Originally Posted by bannie
Do these duties match up to what accountants generally do? I am worried because her designation doesn't contain the word "Accountant", will DIAC accept the above duties equivalent to that of an Accountant?
They do not match what it is in the ASIC code under "accountant" - and that's what the DIAC clerks look at.

I suggest you get some advice from a reputable agent. I suggest "Go Matilda". The owner (Alan Collett) is a chartered accountant himself. He posts here as well. www.gomatilda.com
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

I think for PR purposes they do - but the ICAA may not recognise that as part of the Practical Experience.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JOE2010
I think for PR purposes they do - but the ICAA may not recognise that as part of the Practical Experience.
Joe,

ICAA has already assessed the application as suitable for migration, I am wondering whether DIAC will accept these duties as that of an account or not.

Thanks,
bannie
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Ramzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant future

Hi,

My wife is working as an Analyst in a Major international accounting and consulting firm and she has been assessed as an Accountant by ICAA and also received State sponsorship from WA.

• Analysing the data provided by the client and derives benefit for the clients by finding opportunities.
• Analysing and reviewing the Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of clients and finding out opportunities if any.
•Calculating depreciation for the fixed assets of clients in accordance with IRS Standards and codes.
•Complying with client requirements and analyzing the data as per client requirements.

Thanks,
bannie
Hi Bannie,

I am also an Accountant and to me these duties look like more to an analytical side rather than accounting...not to discourage you but to give you a valid point, there was someone in this forum who got his/her visa rejected due to the duties not matching with the occupation applied. So as advised by Ozhappy, the best option for you is to consult an agent (as he suggested may be Allan Collett). Otherwise is this the only experience that she has and if she has any previous experiences in accounting field that also will help since the recent experience does not need to be in the occupation applied.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

YingYing is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Accountant's please respond

Hi,

Thanks,
bannie
Hi Bannie,

I think its better off to draw another job descriptions of your wife's daily working task. and wrting them really tight with the " accountant " outlines which been given by DIAC!?

As my own experiences, I have been assessed by NIA as accountant, but actually my job is Fund Accountant rather than " accountant "

I draw up a declaration form, and give the full details of my duties which looks really tight with the outlines. As, there wont be any manager would give a working reference which would best satisfay the DIAC outlines, if we are not really working as accountant.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by YingYing
Hi Bannie,

I think its better off to draw another job descriptions of your wife's daily working task. and wrting them really tight with the " accountant " outlines which been given by DIAC!?

As my own experiences, I have been assessed by NIA as accountant, but actually my job is Fund Accountant rather than " accountant "

I draw up a declaration form, and give the full details of my duties which looks really tight with the outlines. As, there wont be any manager would give a working reference which would best satisfay the DIAC outlines, if we are not really working as accountant.

Good Luck!
IF ICCA assessed you an Accountant DIAC dont have any objection. DIAC need ICCA assessment stating that code of Occupation - Am i right
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

She has been in this role since 24 Months, prior to that she did work as an accountant in a Chartered Accountant firm and I have secured a detailed work experience letter from them. However with Multinational Companies its highly impossible to get the letter in desired format. According to the Immigration website following occupations are similar to Accountant :

Similar occupations

Accountant,Certified Practising Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Company Auditor, Financial Adviser, Liquidator, Public Accountant, Tax Agent, Financial Analyst, Insolvency Practitioner, Taxation Agent.

Don't you guys think she fits into either Financial Analyst or Tax Analyst role? She works in the National Federal Tax Service department in the firm.

Last edited by bannie; Jul 15th 2009 at 12:42 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
IF ICCA assessed you an Accountant DIAC dont have any objection. DIAC need ICCA assessment stating that code of Occupation - Am i right
I am not too sure about DIAC, as I havnt heard anything from them yet since I submitted my application in Feb 09.

My agent told me that the title of the job is quite important, as my previous job has exactly the same duties, but just different name. " Administrator " rather than " accountant " so, I only can apply under my current job.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

I am not too sure about DIAC, as I havnt heard anything from them yet since I submitted my application in Feb 09.

My agent told me that the title of the job is quite important, as my previous job has exactly the same duties, but just different name. " Administrator " rather than " accountant " so, I only can apply under my current job.

If she has worked as Accountant in Chartered before, why she didnt apply the visa using the previous working experiences?

To me, I didnt feel her duties would fit the tax expert though..
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

If she has worked as Accountant in Chartered before, why she didnt apply the visa using the previous working experiences?

To me, I didnt feel her duties would fit the tax expert though..
We have mentioned the previous experience on the application, I am wondering about the current work experience under which SOL skill would it fall under? You mentioned in your previous post that you had drawn up a declaration form, did you submit just that or submitted it along with your work experience letter?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Joe,

ICAA has already assessed the application as suitable for migration, I am wondering whether DIAC will accept these duties as that of an account or not.

Thanks,
bannie
That experience qualifies for PR purposes in my view. An analyst may mean anything from a programmer to accountant to a desktop support(I worked as an Analyst with a global company here a few months a go and I remember even HR people had analysts too).

It all depends with how the details are worded..
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Joe,

Thanks,
bannie
From reading previous threads in BE, I believe that DIAC is quiet strict with job functions of accountant, especially those from HR and work in a company that is not well known. DIAC evaluation of accountant's job functions are based on ASCO, I strongly advise that this book is read before preparing your job functions. This book contain a complete list of occupations and their descriptions, thus u can try to find other occupations that closely match ur job functions or perhaps there are other functions in ur job that should have been stated since they are accountant's job functions, based on ASCO.
If u are planning to obtain MODL points for passing the visa threshold points, then u need to consult with experience agents to assure the job functions are accountant's.
Good luck.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Second to my post

You can just get an experience letter stating that some 5 important duties and you can make an self affidavit all details of duties ( Relates to Accountant ) and get notarised

This is the way I did for me
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

We have mentioned the previous experience on the application, I am wondering about the current work experience under which SOL skill would it fall under? You mentioned in your previous post that you had drawn up a declaration form, did you submit just that or submitted it along with your work experience letter?
I just submitted the notarised declaration form of my daily work duties plus a standard letter from HR saying I am working for this company as Fund Accountant. Agent said those should be fine as I dont want to notify my current employer for my Migration Plan.

Also, for the past experiences, I didnt get reference letter as well due to the management changes in the company, I guess this would be an acceptable excuses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.