British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Accountant not on CSL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/accountant-not-csl-649354/)

laraibadil Jan 15th 2010 4:05 am

Accountant not on CSL

I got positive skills assessment from the NIA on 27/10/2009 and got 6.5 bands in IELTS with breakup of 7.0, 6.5, 6.5, 6.0 in W, S,L,R respectively.

I am afraid i cannot be considered on CSL due to IELTS score.

Any positive change is expected for Accountants who do not fall on CSL?

If i apply now with my existing result and lateron, i send revised result with 7 bands in each, Is it acceptable for Visa Officer or they consider only IELTS result only at the time of submission of application.

Bermudashorts Jan 15th 2010 5:52 am

Re: Australian DIAC Migration Law Changes – in force from 1 January 2010

Bit off topic for this thread but yes you can apply now and upgrade IELTS later to get onto the CSL.

Pollyana Jan 15th 2010 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8250518)
Bit off topic for this thread but yes you can apply now and upgrade IELTS later to get onto the CSL.

Agreed, so moved to its own thread.

laraibadil Jan 16th 2010 3:55 am

Thanks for the information. Another question is that if go for another IELTS test and instead of getting 7 bands in each module, i score 5.5 in each. Now, in this particular case, Would DIAC accept better /existing result with 6 in each or latest result?

wilson01 Jan 16th 2010 6:05 am

Re: Accountant not on CSL

I really believe you have to achieve a 7 in each section. iv pasted what it says about accountants and provided the CSL link

2211-11
Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA).

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

hope it helps

best wishes

capetosydney Jan 16th 2010 6:18 am

Originally Posted by laraibadil (Post 8253180)
Thanks for the information. Another question is that if go for another IELTS test and instead of getting 7 bands in each module, i score 5.5 in each. Now, in this particular case, Would DIAC accept better /existing result with 6 in each or latest result?

If new result is lower, DIAC will still accept old results as that is the one they have on file and under which you applied.
You are not under obligation to let them know of latest new result, it is your own business, and this is not 'illegal', so to speak.

laraibadil Jan 19th 2010 10:50 am

Presently I am working as Manager Credits/AVP in a bank and performing the following tasks since August 2004 in the capacity(position) of

August 2004 to November 2007 as Officer Grade- I

February 2007 to date as Manager Credits (functional Designation)
November 2007 to date as AVP(Assistant Vice President)

• Processing & scrutiny of credit proposals using various analysis i.e. financial, sensitivity, security in order to book quality assets i.e. receivables.
• Appraise cash flow & risks of capital investment project proposals.
• To ensure that financial statements are accurate & in compliance with bank’s policy/statutory requirements/International Accounting Standards.
• To assist in the formulation of annual budget/business plan.
• To keep close liaison with internal/external auditors during the course of audit.
• Regularly & closely monitoring of the credit process with the objective to forestall & recognize the problems at an early stage & to ensure that bad debts remain within acceptable level.
• While processing settlement cases, it is to ensure that correct accounting entries have been passed by the branches in accordance with bank’s policy/regulatory requirements.
• Prepare and present financial and other statements and accounts for management purposes.

Now, i've got problem, my title of Job falls in the catogory of Finance Manager (Credit Manager is depicted as specialization for finance Manager on DIAC website) however, the above duties i perform is similiar of "Accountant" tasks.

Should i treat my nominated occupation as "Accountant" (from experience point of view) or "Finance Manager/Manager Credit" I am confused on this. Is it acceptable for DIAC, if someone is having title of closely related occupation but duties are similiar for nominated occupation?

It is pertinent to mention here that i have already got positive assessment from the NIA.

Senior Members please help me.

Adil

Bermudashorts Jan 19th 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by laraibadil (Post 8262098)
Presently I am working as Manager Credits/AVP in a bank and performing the following tasks since August 2004 in the capacity(position) of

August 2004 to November 2007 as Officer Grade- I

February 2007 to date as Manager Credits (functional Designation)
November 2007 to date as AVP(Assistant Vice President)

• Processing & scrutiny of credit proposals using various analysis i.e. financial, sensitivity, security in order to book quality assets i.e. receivables.
• Appraise cash flow & risks of capital investment project proposals.
• To ensure that financial statements are accurate & in compliance with bank’s policy/statutory requirements/International Accounting Standards.
• To assist in the formulation of annual budget/business plan.
• To keep close liaison with internal/external auditors during the course of audit.
• Regularly & closely monitoring of the credit process with the objective to forestall & recognize the problems at an early stage & to ensure that bad debts remain within acceptable level.
• While processing settlement cases, it is to ensure that correct accounting entries have been passed by the branches in accordance with bank’s policy/regulatory requirements.
• Prepare and present financial and other statements and accounts for management purposes.

Now, i've got problem, my title of Job falls in the catogory of Finance Manager (Credit Manager is depicted as specialization for finance Manager on DIAC website) however, the above duties i perform is similiar of "Accountant" tasks.

Should i treat my nominated occupation as "Accountant" (from experience point of view) or "Finance Manager/Manager Credit" I am confused on this. Is it acceptable for DIAC, if someone is having title of closely related occupation but duties are similiar for nominated occupation?

It is pertinent to mention here that i have already got positive assessment from the NIA.

Senior Members please help me.

Adil

Your duties sound like ones normally performed by an Accountant in an Investment Bank. My job title does not have "Accountant" in it either and indeed after 17 years working as an accountant in Financial Services industries, I have sledom met an accountant whose job title includes the word. Content is important, not title.

laraibadil Jan 19th 2010 11:15 am

Thanks Bermudashorts for your reply. So, its mean i can go further by nominating "Accountant" as my currrent occupation (for claiming experience points, both recent and specific job requirement).

charw Jan 19th 2010 12:21 pm

Wirelessly posted (NokiaN73-1/4.0750.31.2.1 Series60/3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by laraibadil
Thanks Bermudashorts for your reply. So, its mean i can go further by nominating "Accountant" as my currrent occupation (for claiming experience points, both recent and specific job requirement).

You can proceed. But skill assessment also should be positive as an accountant. I mean yous paper qualifications. I dont think investment banking qualifications like CFA will fulfill that purpose.