ACCA points allocation

Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice
Default ACCA points allocation

Hey all

(APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE, I STARTED THIS THREAD UNDER ACCOUNTANCY, BUT THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE TO HAVE IT HERE TOO AS IT AFFECTS MY CURRENT APPLICATION!!)

For those of you who are ACCA qualified, had your skills assessed by ICAA and are applying through the 175 visa, can you confirm how many points you were allocated for your qualification. According to the SOL (Skilled Occupation List), I would have thought that you would receive the full 60 points, however my CO appears to have only allocated 50.
Has anyone else had this issue?
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me have your thoughts!!

This may have been answered previously, but I have been unable to find it in any posts.

Thanks a million

Stephen
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ACCA points allocation

Hi Stephen,
I have just had an email from someone, in a similar situation, (unless it was form your OH) I would suggest contacting an agent, and asking there advice, because with the reduction i would assume you will not have enough for the visa you applied for.
regards
sue
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue McK
Hi Stephen,
I have just had an email from someone, in a similar situation, (unless it was form your OH) I would suggest contacting an agent, and asking there advice, because with the reduction i would assume you will not have enough for the visa you applied for.
regards
sue
Hi Sue

I think it was my OH, as she had a lot of excellent advice from you in the past.
With the reduction , I am 15 points short so a bit worried but trying not to panic just yet!

Many thanks

Stephen
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen has your CO explained why she has only allocated the 50 points?
What occupation did you apply under?
What did your ACCA assessment say?

Feel free to pm me if you like.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen284362
For those of you who are ACCA qualified, had your skills assessed by ICAA and are applying through the 175 visa, can you confirm how many points you were allocated for your qualification. According to the SOL (Skilled Occupation List), I would have thought that you would receive the full 60 points, however my CO appears to have only allocated 50.
With an ICAA assessment in Accountant (2211-11) it should definitely be 60 points. Plus MODL, if you are eligible.

If case officer has only given 50 points then that is a mistake, most likely.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:15 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
With an ICAA assessment in Accountant (2211-11) it should definitely be 60 points. Plus MODL, if you are eligible.

If case officer has only given 50 points then that is a mistake, most likely.
Hey JAJ,

Just a quick question-How do you know that you are eligble for MODL points? I presumed I was entitled to 15 points based on a positive assessment from National Institute of Accountants and I have 12 months valid experience in the past 4 four years. The work experience wasn't assessed by NIA, just my degree. There seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this in the past few days, I thought that as long as you had a positive assessment under ASCO code 2211-11 then that would be sufficient.

Sorry, a lot of waffle there but am stressing
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilsweets

Just a quick question-How do you know that you are eligble for MODL points?
I said "if eligible".

There seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this in the past few days, I thought that as long as you had a positive assessment under ASCO code 2211-11 then that would be sufficient.
The skill assessment only gets you the 60 points. Prior to Sept 2007, it was enough for an automatic extra 15 MODL points.

However, now the DIAC case officer will assess work experience before deciding if MODL points should also be awarded.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:08 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
I said "if eligible".

The skill assessment only gets you the 60 points. Prior to Sept 2007, it was enough for an automatic extra 15 MODL points.

However, now the DIAC case officer will assess work experience before deciding if MODL points should also be awarded.
Thanks for that JAJ I was concerned that it would be impossible for me to claim MODL points based on the fact that my work experience did not form part of my skills assessment.

Thanks again,
L
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:10 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input! (I'm Stephen's OH!)

Veronika, we have mailed the CO to see where the deduction is so if it isn't a mistake Stephen will PM you, thanks so much for the offer.

Off now for a weekend of stewing and waiting for a reply!!

Tx
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedT

Veronika, we have mailed the CO to see where the deduction is so if it isn't a mistake Stephen will PM you, thanks so much for the offer.

Tx
Well said, my lovely wife!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you dear husband. Now go home and order some pizza!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by RedT

Tx
Stephen & RedT,

Hope it works out for you both, should help you get throught the weekend!

Keep us updated,
L
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough

Hi Therese,
good luck, you can ask anytime you like, we have all been through the ups and downs and no how heart stopping emails can be, enjoy the pizza i have just order ours as well, relax and enjoy the weekend.
Sue
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

devonshiredumpling is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm ACCA qualified and having my skills assessed by CPA (I also have a degree) I thought you'd automatically get 60 points

Please keep us updated, don't fancy waiting 12 months to find out I don't have enough points
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by devonshiredumpling
I'm ACCA qualified and having my skills assessed by CPA (I also have a degree) I thought you'd automatically get 60 points

Please keep us updated, don't fancy waiting 12 months to find out I don't have enough points
Will do. Waiting for my CO to confirm who she has allocated my points before getting to worried, but will keep everyone up to date on my progress.
Thanks to all advice so far.

Stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.