ACCA points allocation

Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:19 am
Just Joined

devonshiredumpling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA points allocation

Any news from your CO?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice

Originally Posted by devonshiredumpling
Any news from your CO?
Unfortunately not.
I emailed again to chase her up but still no reply.
I guess they are very busy people, but some advice from other people on the forum is to give the CO a call, so unless I hear anything by email tomorrow, I may have to do that.

I still think that she has made a mistake, so we are proceeding with the Meds and Police checks so that WHEN she gives me the full points, we are still on track.

Will let you all know what happens.

Stephen
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:59 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

As i said in your other thread: have you checked what occupation you put down on your visa application form? Did you put Accountant (2211-11)?

Is it possible that you wrote down the wrong ASCO code?

Gina
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice

Originally Posted by GinaUK
As i said in your other thread: have you checked what occupation you put down on your visa application form? Did you put Accountant (2211-11)?

Is it possible that you wrote down the wrong ASCO code?

Gina
Hi Gina

I double checked the code, and I did use the correct code used for External Auditor (for my sins). I even checked that the assessment letter got it right (which they did).
I'm not sure where else it could have differed, so probably best to wait and see.

Thanks

Stephen
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:14 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen284362
Hi Gina

I double checked the code, and I did use the correct code used for External Auditor (for my sins). I even checked that the assessment letter got it right (which they did).
I'm not sure where else it could have differed, so probably best to wait and see.

Thanks

Stephen
Looks like you did all the right thing and it is a CO error. Let's hope he gets back to you soon.

Gina
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Hey all

Well, I got a reply to my query over the points allocation as follows:
"In your application you claimed 15 points for an occupation on the MODL. Ihavenot awarded these points because your skills assessed occupation Accountant-External Auditor ASCO 2212-11 is not on the MODL. The ASCO on the MODL foranAccountant is 2211-11. As your skills assessing authority did not assessyou asmeeting requirements for ASCO 2211-11 you are not eligible for MODL points."

But the MODL on the IMMI website DOES have 2212-11 on the list (which is the reason I applied under that code).
I think they have looked at the list under "A" for Accountant, whereas the list has it under "E" for External Auditor.

I have replied to explain this, so hopefully I will get a positive reply.

Can anyone else see something I may be missing?
Anyone else had the same problem?

Stephen
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:35 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Hey all

Well, I got a reply to my query over the points allocation as follows:
"In your application you claimed 15 points for an occupation on the MODL. Ihavenot awarded these points because your skills assessed occupation Accountant-External Auditor ASCO 2212-11 is not on the MODL. The ASCO on the MODL foranAccountant is 2211-11. As your skills assessing authority did not assessyou asmeeting requirements for ASCO 2211-11 you are not eligible for MODL points."

But the MODL on the IMMI website DOES have 2212-11 on the list (which is the reason I applied under that code).
I think they have looked at the list under "A" for Accountant, whereas the list has it under "E" for External Auditor.

I have replied to explain this, so hopefully I will get a positive reply.

Can anyone else see something I may be missing?
Anyone else had the same problem?

Stephen
Hey,

What a relief for you both! I could be wrong but last year when I first started looking into the whole visa thing, External Auditor was listed under 'A' for Accountant. It seems to ring a bell with me, so maybe that is where the confusion lies. The exact listing was 'Accountant-External Auditor'.

And for the record, it's there in black and white under 'E' so it's not just you, we can all see it!

Hopefully you will receive absolute confirmation soon so you can get some sleep again!

Lil
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hey,

What a relief for you both! I could be wrong but last year when I first started looking into the whole visa thing, External Auditor was listed under 'A' for Accountant. It seems to ring a bell with me, so maybe that is where the confusion lies. The exact listing was 'Accountant-External Auditor'.

And for the record, it's there in black and white under 'E' so it's not just you, we can all see it!

Hopefully you will receive absolute confirmation soon so you can get some sleep again!

Lil
Hey Lil

Yeah, the official listing was Accountant-External Auditor, so not sure why the IMMI website has it slightly different. But so long as I get the points, they can put it wherever they want!!

I'm not too stressed over it, as I'm certain that it'll be corrected, but OH is climbing the walls, worried that we may not get the visa (she's already picked out houses to look at!!)

Stephen
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:59 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lil

Yeah, the official listing was Accountant-External Auditor, so not sure why the IMMI website has it slightly different. But so long as I get the points, they can put it wherever they want!!

I'm not too stressed over it, as I'm certain that it'll be corrected, but OH is climbing the walls, worried that we may not get the visa (she's already picked out houses to look at!!)

Stephen
Oi, there's nothing wrong with being prepared!! now get back to work and earn us some money so we can actually go!!

Tx
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:15 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

devonshiredumpling is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure auditors are very much in demand all over the world (yawn, yawn) .

Do you have a job to go to? Just spoke to hays this morning and apparently the market is going crazy lots of australian accountants/auditors heading back to Oz from London - hope there's some jobs left for us!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:58 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by devonshiredumpling
Just spoke to hays this morning and apparently the market is going crazy lots of australian accountants/auditors heading back to Oz from London - hope there's some jobs left for us!!
Don't want to hear that! Maybe the weakening dollar will stop a few of them from leaving London.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Hey All

I received a letter from my CO confirming that there had been an oversight with the coding of my application and that I have the full points allocation.
PHEW!!!
Although I knew I had done everything correctly, I was still really nervous as I opened the letter.

My apologies if I have worried anyone else, it wasn't my intent but I just wanted to make sure I had done the right thing.

So, all I need now is the meds (which we are getting done on 1st November) and, fingers crossed, that should be it.

Would be a lovely Christmas present to go and get our passports stamped!

Thanks to all for your support and advice, it's kept me going.

Stephen
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:58 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Hey All

I received a letter from my CO confirming that there had been an oversight with the coding of my application and that I have the full points allocation.
PHEW!!!
Although I knew I had done everything correctly, I was still really nervous as I opened the letter.

My apologies if I have worried anyone else, it wasn't my intent but I just wanted to make sure I had done the right thing.

So, all I need now is the meds (which we are getting done on 1st November) and, fingers crossed, that should be it.

Would be a lovely Christmas present to go and get our passports stamped!

Thanks to all for your support and advice, it's kept me going.

Stephen
Fantastic news Stephen, must have been a huge relief!

Good luck with the rest of the process.