About a girl... A dilemma

Old May 17th 2005, 10:29 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough
Default About a girl... A dilemma

OK, I think I know the answer to this but I would like to know my options. I hold a lovely permanent visa issued and validated last summer. Obtained via skilled migration route.

Now I have met a girl. Story of my life! She doesn't have a visa and I am still anxious to go and start a new life downunder.

Is there any way she could come with me, or do I need to be a physical resident for two years before I can get her in?

What if we (hypothetically) married before I moved there. Could that get her in?

Am I right in thinking that the only option is for me to move there alone and she comes out to visit on a tourist visa for three month periods until I've lived there 2 years.

Life's a bugger, just when you least expect it, along comes a girl...
Cheers
Old May 17th 2005, 11:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About a girl... A dilemma

Originally Posted by flying dutchman
OK, I think I know the answer to this but I would like to know my options. I hold a lovely permanent visa issued and validated last summer. Obtained via skilled migration route.

Now I have met a girl. Story of my life! She doesn't have a visa and I am still anxious to go and start a new life downunder.

Is there any way she could come with me, or do I need to be a physical resident for two years before I can get her in?

What if we (hypothetically) married before I moved there. Could that get her in?

Am I right in thinking that the only option is for me to move there alone and she comes out to visit on a tourist visa for three month periods until I've lived there 2 years.

Life's a bugger, just when you least expect it, along comes a girl...
Cheers
Look at the information on Spouse/Partner Migration on the DIMIA website. Where does it say you have to be 2 years in Australia? (you do need to be 'usually resident' however).

Jeremy
Old May 17th 2005, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Mr Pants is on a distinguished road

I'll look after your girlfriend !! Just split from mine and am feeling rather lonely. I see you are in Southampton, I'm in Chandlers Ford !!

Good luck.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:10 pm
Sha

Dear Jeremy,
Is is possible if the girlfriend fulfil the 136 SI (or atleast basic)
requirements and spouse has validated his visa. she can get 15points
from spouse sponser and aditional 5 point from spouse's skills.
i.e:
30 age
20 english
50-60 skill
15 sponser (which is spouse)
5 spouse skills
-----
120-130 marks
10 aditional, if (girlfriend is really skilled :) ) experince is more
than 3 years
total 130-140 marks

need advice!!! isn't it going to be faster ? or the spouse/partner
migration ?

cheers
sha

Old May 17th 2005, 1:41 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Look at the information on Spouse/Partner Migration on the DIMIA website. Where does it say you have to be 2 years in Australia? (you do need to be 'usually resident' however).

Jeremy
Thanks for that Jeremy. I will look it up on the site. For some reason I thought it was 2 years. 'Usually' resident can be interpretted in many ways but easier than a two year rule to fulfill.
Thanks
Old May 17th 2005, 11:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flying dutchman
Thanks for that Jeremy. I will look it up on the site. For some reason I thought it was 2 years. 'Usually' resident can be interpretted in many ways but easier than a two year rule to fulfill.
Thanks
If you have PR and are *living* in Australian then you are usually resident. However, just visiting generally won't do.

Jeremy