887 Visa Applicants

Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:17 am
Just Joined

minkyme29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Thanks Eva...will keep you all posted. Not holding my breath, the Brisbane office is still closed.

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

I heard the queensland office is now open again. It was the ground floor that was flooded. So hopefully they will not have too much of a backlog :-)
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Yes I noticed a couple of days ago that it's open. Let's hope they don't take too long to assign case officers now.
RussellCat - when do you think you'll submit?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

We officially arrived on 25th Feb 2009 (were on a tourist visa visa for a few months at first). We heard someone say here you can start the submission process 28 days before your visa was activated so (I'm not very good at maths!) but I think that means the 29th of Jan 2011 for us.

Do you know any more fine details about when I can start the application as I have all my documents ready (except perhaps a medical for our baby who was born just under a year ago which we may need)?

We just want to get it underway as quickly as possible.

Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

RodT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 887 Visa Applicants 2 year requirement

Hi,

I am about to apply for 887 visa as i just completed 2 years. I travelled overseas for 4 weeks and now i have the same doubt do i have to delay my application for 4 weeks or not
How did your application go?

Thanks

RodT

Originally Posted by pshriv_11
Hi All,

I am on 495 visa and already completed my 2 yrs stay in South Australia and more than 1.6 yr work experience, I have some queries - is anyone help me to give an answer of my queries - I would be very much thankful
1- I was away for 9 weeks ( on oversease tip) - do I need to stay 9 weeks more than apply for PR or as now Australia is my home so it does not make any diffirnce to go oversease
2- I am a married person but my wife and an infant is still in my home country but my wife has delivered a baby in South Australia and return back to my country , I have Australian birth certificate for my son but still do not have my son's passport ( 2 months old). I wish to include them in my application - so please advise and guide - what could be the Government VISA FEE for all of us

3- If I submitt paper base application - where I need to send this application - please advise about postal address

4- some one told me that If I apply online - than I could not upload more than 1000 MB - as I have many payslips and docoments ie - residential proove, marriage certificate, birth certificate, passport, photo of my wife, my son and mine, PCC etc

5- MY WIFE ALREADY HAS PASSED IELTS with 6.5 - as spouse needs to provide only 4 in all four sessions.

Thank you all and waiting for your promt response

pshriv_11
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RussellCat
We officially arrived on 25th Feb 2009 (were on a tourist visa visa for a few months at first). We heard someone say here you can start the submission process 28 days before your visa was activated so (I'm not very good at maths!) but I think that means the 29th of Jan 2011 for us.

Do you know any more fine details about when I can start the application as I have all my documents ready (except perhaps a medical for our baby who was born just under a year ago which we may need)?

We just want to get it underway as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry, I'm rather clueless to the finer details ie earliest time you can apply. I know on Poms in Adelaide there have been a fair few threads regarding the 887 - maybe ask there?
Sorry I couldn't help. We're still waiting...waiting...waiting - a real test of patience.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:30 am
Just Joined

sambeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I lodged 887 visa application online on 1st Feb 2011 from 495. Is there anyone who've got news to share? There is no news on my visa progress.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sambeg
Hi
I lodged 887 visa application online on 1st Feb 2011 from 495. Is there anyone who've got news to share? There is no news on my visa progress.
Good luck sambeg!!
I am wondering whether minkyme29 has got the visa as she already applied before Christmas...

Old Feb 20th 2011, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sebeva
Good luck sambeg!!
I am wondering whether minkyme29 has got the visa as she already applied before Christmas...

No news yet I'm afraid

We applied on the 20 Dec and know a fellow applicant who applied around the same time on the 16th. All appears to be ok, the DIAC info suggests they are now processing online applications received up to 7th Feb, although we haven't heard anything and our online status has remained unchanged. The other applicant has phoned DIAC and has been told that they were assigned a CO on the 3rd Feb and we're presuming that maybe we too have been assigned one by now. I will probably phone them if I haven't heard anything by the end of this coming week.
All we can assume is that things have been held up by recent weather events in Brisbane and that there is a bit of backlog. Having said that some people in Adelaide have been granted their 887s after just a week or two and applied at the beginning of Feb.
So all quiet but hopeful. Will keep you posted with developments.

Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by minkyme29
No news yet I'm afraid

We applied on the 20 Dec and know a fellow applicant who applied around the same time on the 16th. All appears to be ok, the DIAC info suggests they are now processing online applications received up to 7th Feb, although we haven't heard anything and our online status has remained unchanged. The other applicant has phoned DIAC and has been told that they were assigned a CO on the 3rd Feb and we're presuming that maybe we too have been assigned one by now. I will probably phone them if I haven't heard anything by the end of this coming week.
All we can assume is that things have been held up by recent weather events in Brisbane and that there is a bit of backlog. Having said that some people in Adelaide have been granted their 887s after just a week or two and applied at the beginning of Feb.
So all quiet but hopeful. Will keep you posted with developments.

Cheers
I would definitely give them a call ASAP as it looks like they forgot about you. Already happened few times in the past so would be nothing new....
Looking forward to hearing from you
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sebeva
I would definitely give them a call ASAP as it looks like they forgot about you. Already happened few times in the past so would be nothing new....
Looking forward to hearing from you
Ok, so got my OH to ring them at 9am this morning and sure enough they found us on their system but discovered we have NO case officer and have indeed been overlooked. They explained that in such cases they often fast track applicants and try and slot them in asap but could still be a 3-4 week wait.

So another lesson in patience for us. Thanks to all for your help and advice, we will get there in the end I hope.
And as always will keep you posted as to developments.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

We had to wait 6 months for our 887 visa..for 2 months we had a co...our paperwork must have been sitting on her desk for the whole time. When eventually hubby managed to get a message to her ....by sweet talking the lady at diac..who said she would sent the co an e-mail as to the status of our application...our 887 was granted within 24 hours!!!!
Go figure!!!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nick11
We had to wait 6 months for our 887 visa..for 2 months we had a co...our paperwork must have been sitting on her desk for the whole time. When eventually hubby managed to get a message to her ....by sweet talking the lady at diac..who said she would sent the co an e-mail as to the status of our application...our 887 was granted within 24 hours!!!!
Go figure!!!
Indeed there appears to be no rhyme nor reason to the process. I am getting rather weary with the whole thing but hey as always we are at their (DIAC's) mercy. I live in the hope that one day I will feel settled and certain about our future.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

It's a lottery doing the 887...some folk get their visa within days..some a few months...some a year!!!!
It is a waiting game!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

sambeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Urgent question
My CO has asked for AFP and I have already uploaded NPC.
What is the difference between the two? and Where do I apply AFP?
Please Help
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.