887 Visa - anyone help me please

Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice
Default 887 Visa - anyone help me please

Hi
We will be shortly applying for our 887 visa and I have a couple of questions if anyone can help who has recently recieved/applied or applying. We will be applying on line.

1. Do you have to have medicals done again.

2. Do you need to send for police checks from the UK again?

3. What docs need to be certified.

4. Do you need to attached every payslip or would a couple and Tax return be ok?

5. Would a letter from employer help stating the hours worked etc.

6. Do speeding fines show up on a Federal Police checks!!!!

Any help would be extremly appreciated.

Thank you.

Claire
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice
Default Re: 887 Visa - anyone help me please

no you do not need to get medicals -this is true if from uk and not left for extended period of time, new someone from singapore who did

I did not need new UK police checks only federal and no driving points do not show up as state licence etc

I never attached payslips but group cert and rental agreement

was really straightforward never needed to attach breakdown of hours assume they work it out from wage but we are not self employed

if you do it online and scan in colour do not need to be certified but our libraries have a JP free a few days a week
Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice

Originally Posted by cbeeb
no you do not need to get medicals -this is true if from uk and not left for extended period of time, new someone from singapore who did

I did not need new UK police checks only federal and no driving points do not show up as state licence etc

I never attached payslips but group cert and rental agreement

was really straightforward never needed to attach breakdown of hours assume they work it out from wage but we are not self employed

if you do it online and scan in colour do not need to be certified but our libraries have a JP free a few days a week
Thank you so much cbeeb, this helps a HUGE amount. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ClairePM
Thank you so much cbeeb, this helps a HUGE amount. Much appreciated.
Do you have to attache the AU Police check or wait till they ask you to do it??
I am asking because we are going to apply in December and I am already very excited counting the days till then

When are you going to apply Claire??

Best of luck for you and keep us informed please

Best Wishes
Eva
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sebeva
Do you have to attache the AU Police check or wait till they ask you to do it??
I am asking because we are going to apply in December and I am already very excited counting the days till then

When are you going to apply Claire??

Best of luck for you and keep us informed please

Best Wishes
Eva
Hello Sebeva
We are applying in about 7 weeks (yipeee). I met someone yesterday who got their 887 visa this year and they said that you just wait to apply for the Federal checks when you are asked for them by the case officer. In their case they were asked after two days after submitting their application online. They also said you will get to a point on the online application which says Medical Checks - you just click no. If they then ask you for them, you have to explain that these were already submitted for the original application. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help and also let you know how we are going in seven weeks (so excited but nervous at the same time!).
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ClairePM
Hello Sebeva
We are applying in about 7 weeks (yipeee). I met someone yesterday who got their 887 visa this year and they said that you just wait to apply for the Federal checks when you are asked for them by the case officer. In their case they were asked after two days after submitting their application online. They also said you will get to a point on the online application which says Medical Checks - you just click no. If they then ask you for them, you have to explain that these were already submitted for the original application. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help and also let you know how we are going in seven weeks (so excited but nervous at the same time!).
Hi Claire
How are you doing?? Excited already??
We have started to count the days: 83 or 82 days??
I was wondering when can we actually submit our application as we received our visa on 09th of December 2008. Does it mean we can apply for the 887 on the 09th or on the 10th December 2010??
Any idea??
When exact is your big day??
We have also decided to apply for the Police Clearance one month before the application to have everything ready on time.
Good Luck!
Eva
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sebeva
Hi Claire
How are you doing?? Excited already??
We have started to count the days: 83 or 82 days??
I was wondering when can we actually submit our application as we received our visa on 09th of December 2008. Does it mean we can apply for the 887 on the 09th or on the 10th December 2010??
Any idea??
When exact is your big day??
We have also decided to apply for the Police Clearance one month before the application to have everything ready on time.
Good Luck!
Eva
Hi
Not excited just really really nervous and quite stressed, though have no reason to be. It has just been too long coming! We have three weeks to go. I have been told that you can not apply for your federal police checks until you have been here for two years and one day. Also for example, if you arrived in Australia on the 17th November - you can only apply for the visa on the 18th November eg two years and one day!
Have got the paper work and references together - but we just need to get the black and white payslips and copies of birth certificates etc certified by a justice of the peace then we can load them and set up the online application. Grrr, I am not sleeping well at all!!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

pshriv_11 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

I have same query as sebba -
My SIR 495 visa was granted on 16th of Sep 2008 and I reached Australia on 7th of Oct 2008.

I have seen many posts mentioning that you can start your online application 28 days prior to your 2 years completion and can save this file. I did so - but appears that "you do not have prerequisite visa to enable use of this servile" why this is happening.
When I could be eligible for applying 887 visa on 17th of Sep or 8th of Oct, kindly guide