887 Application question

Old Jul 28th 2014, 2:46 am
Just Joined

samishah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 887 Application question

Hi folks (and Hi Bermuda Shorts who will most likely be the best person to respond to this!),

So two years of 475, living and working in regional WA are finally done. Now time to apply for the 887. I've gotten the checklist from the DIAC (DIBP?) website and have everything organized and pdf'ed. The only thing missing, however, is my police clearance certificate from Pakistan. I believe I have to provide that as well, even though I've only gone back home for two weeks during these two years. I did provide a police clearance certificate from Pakistan when I first applied for the 475, but I remember reading somewhere that it stops being valid after 6 months.

The problem I'm facing is that getting anything from Pakistan while not physically there is a pain in the posterior. Religious holidays and plain old police inefficiency means it'll take at least a month, maybe more, to get the police clearance sorted. Should I submit my application for 887 with the rest of the documents right now and then send Immi the Pak Police Clearance when I get that later? Or wait until everything is compiled entirely and then submit? Keen to get this started ASAP as they're taking up to a year to process 887's for Pakistanis right now.

Thoughts? Comments? Spare change?
Old Jul 28th 2014, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Default Re: 887 Application question

Oh and one further question: My wife is the primary and I'm the dependent. The documents checklist asks for: "evidence your relative has been financially dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application "

What kind of evidence would this be? I doubt a photograph of my empty wallet will suffice right?
Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samishah
Hi folks (and Hi Bermuda Shorts who will most likely be the best person to respond to this!),

So two years of 475, living and working in regional WA are finally done. Now time to apply for the 887. I've gotten the checklist from the DIAC (DIBP?) website and have everything organized and pdf'ed. The only thing missing, however, is my police clearance certificate from Pakistan. I believe I have to provide that as well, even though I've only gone back home for two weeks during these two years. I did provide a police clearance certificate from Pakistan when I first applied for the 475, but I remember reading somewhere that it stops being valid after 6 months.

The problem I'm facing is that getting anything from Pakistan while not physically there is a pain in the posterior. Religious holidays and plain old police inefficiency means it'll take at least a month, maybe more, to get the police clearance sorted. Should I submit my application for 887 with the rest of the documents right now and then send Immi the Pak Police Clearance when I get that later? Or wait until everything is compiled entirely and then submit? Keen to get this started ASAP as they're taking up to a year to process 887's for Pakistanis right now.

Thoughts? Comments? Spare change?
Oh and one further question: My wife is the primary and I'm the dependent. The documents checklist asks for: "evidence your relative has been financially dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application "

What kind of evidence would this be? I doubt a photograph of my empty wallet will suffice right?
If you meet the criteria, then I would lodge the application. At the moment they seem to be allocating 887 applications from January. This will give you plenty of time to get a police check from Pakistan. Police checks are valid for 12 months.

As for financial support, you only need to show this for dependants other than spouse and children.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Follow up question:

Okay so I just lodged the application. Basically, I went to the immi website, set up an account, then filled out the application for 887 and submitted it. Here's the thing: It never asked me for evidence. I had all these pdf's prepared compiling all the evidence of stay and police clearances and all the other data, but it never asked me to submit them anywhere. Just the application and the fees.

Did I miss something huge and have now screwed up monumentally? I double checked all the steps before submitting. It just never asked.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 9:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up question:

Okay so I just lodged the application. Basically, I went to the immi website, set up an account, then filled out the application for 887 and submitted it. Here's the thing: It never asked me for evidence. I had all these pdf's prepared compiling all the evidence of stay and police clearances and all the other data, but it never asked me to submit them anywhere. Just the application and the fees.

Did I miss something huge and have now screwed up monumentally? I double checked all the steps before submitting. It just never asked.
Have you checked now that the payment has been made? You should be able to load the evidence after the application is paid for.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Yup, I'm basically an idiot. Once the payment went through, everything got activated. Got our Bridging Visa A emails and uploaded pdfs of all the required evidence docs.

Now begins the loooooooooooong waiting game.

Thanks for all the tips and advice!