820 & 801 Applied for

Old Sep 13th 2012, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Bazbertov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 820 & 801 Applied for

I applied for a Partner visa subclass 820/801 2 months ago (from inside Australia) and was wondering if anyone can share their experience with me regarding this visa?

I know the immi site says the average waiting time is up to 13 months now (although it was 9 when I applied), but this is just an average.

Has anyone ever had to wait this long with no complications?

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2012, 2:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 820 & 801 Applied for

Originally Posted by Bazbertov
I applied for a Partner visa subclass 820/801 2 months ago (from inside Australia) and was wondering if anyone can share their experience with me regarding this visa?

I know the immi site says the average waiting time is up to 13 months now (although it was 9 when I applied), but this is just an average.

Has anyone ever had to wait this long with no complications?

Thanks
I have no experience with this visa, but if the average waiting time is increasing then you should assume that you will be waiting at least the 13 months and not worry about it too much.

What complications are you concerned about?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response,

I meant that I assume I have no complications with my application and have submitted all the required documents.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in January and I currently hold a WH visa meaning that as of early Jan I need to find a new job! Really wanted to know if I should expect to wait the full average waiting time so I can plan for the future?

Do you also know at what point I will be assigned a CO?

Regards
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I meant that I assume I have no complications with my application and have submitted all the required documents.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in January and I currently hold a WH visa meaning that as of early Jan I need to find a new job! Really wanted to know if I should expect to wait the full average waiting time so I can plan for the future?

Regards
I think it is best to assume that you will wait up to 13 months for a CO to be assigned. If you are on a working holiday visa, did you not apply for a bridging visa whilst waiting for the spouse visa, and for lifting of the rules regarding employment when applying for the spouse visa?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Waiting times on a Spouse Visa depend largely on which office is processing your visa. UK times are around 5-6 months at present, onshore has always taken longer. However no-one can be absolutely sure of how long it will take as each timeline is unique.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Okay,

I was under the assumption that I would be assigned a CO when he/she picks up my file? Then they would request documents / an interview as part of the approval process.

I submitted my application in person and paid the fee in the Melbourne partnership visa office.

I was granted a bridging visa immediately on application and as you probably know I am able to work under the same conditions as the current visa that I hold.

I never applied for lifting of the rules though as I thought this only applied in extreme circumstances?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,

I was under the assumption that I would be assigned a CO when he/she picks up my file? Then they would request documents / an interview as part of the approval process.

I submitted my application in person and paid the fee in the Melbourne partnership visa office.

I was granted a bridging visa immediately on application and as you probably know I am able to work under the same conditions as the current visa that I hold.

I never applied for lifting of the rules though as I thought this only applied in extreme circumstances?
They'll get to you when they do. This isn't a timeline site and if DIAC are saying 13 months then that's likely to be the length of time it takes. I would go back to DIAC and see if they can lift the conditions. If they say no then so be it but they may say yes.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice Moneypenny