Wikiposts

70 days deadline

Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future
Default 70 days deadline

After doing a search on timelines for 139 bq subclass visas i have noticed a few threads where Tiges was awaiting news from his assurer to see what was the earliest date he could get an interview at centrelink as we wasnt aware of this can someone explain what its all about. Is it 70 days from when you recieve the medical and assurer request? for you to get a assurer./ interview Can anyone shed any light. Any replies much appreciated, also we are awaiting to hear from our assurer when his intereview will be he lives in sydney does anyone know the timelines for assurers interviews in sydney area?
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 70 days deadline

Originally Posted by a.dunn50
After doing a search on timelines for 139 bq subclass visas i have noticed a few threads where Tiges was awaiting news from his assurer to see what was the earliest date he could get an interview at centrelink as we wasnt aware of this can someone explain what its all about. Is it 70 days from when you recieve the medical and assurer request? for you to get a assurer./ interview Can anyone shed any light. Any replies much appreciated, also we are awaiting to hear from our assurer when his intereview will be he lives in sydney does anyone know the timelines for assurers interviews in sydney area?
Hi!

I can't help with the timeline for interviews in Sydney, but in Melbourne it was a couple months out when my brother booked his in late Feb 2005. As for the 70 day deadline, that's a fairly flexible number. I tried to get all the Meds/PCC stuff done by that deadline, but the AoS side is pretty much out of your hands. CentreLink are the big hold-up on that side, so if you get into a pinch and can't meet the deadline just email your CO and explain the situation. That's what I did and my CO said to just get the AoS sorted as quickly as possible and let him know when it was completed. The deadline is more of a guideline than a hard and fast limit - I think they just don't want people taking months and months to get stuff together. Also, some people run into issues with PCCs from some countries taking a long time and that can also lead to someone needing an extension. I expect most COs are very flexible on this side if you have a reasonable explanation for the delay.

FYI - timeline for my AoS was total about 4 months from the date I received the AoS request. AoS request received late Jan, and AoS approved by CentreLink mid-May.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 70 days deadline

Originally Posted by brian0
Hi!

I can't help with the timeline for interviews in Sydney, but in Melbourne it was a couple months out when my brother booked his in late Feb 2005. As for the 70 day deadline, that's a fairly flexible number. I tried to get all the Meds/PCC stuff done by that deadline, but the AoS side is pretty much out of your hands. CentreLink are the big hold-up on that side, so if you get into a pinch and can't meet the deadline just email your CO and explain the situation. That's what I did and my CO said to just get the AoS sorted as quickly as possible and let him know when it was completed. The deadline is more of a guideline than a hard and fast limit - I think they just don't want people taking months and months to get stuff together. Also, some people run into issues with PCCs from some countries taking a long time and that can also lead to someone needing an extension. I expect most COs are very flexible on this side if you have a reasonable explanation for the delay.

FYI - timeline for my AoS was total about 4 months from the date I received the AoS request. AoS request received late Jan, and AoS approved by CentreLink mid-May.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanx for reply as you are the only one to reply, i give you a star thanx again.