600 Visa expiry date

Old Jan 4th 2019, 7:28 am
Just Joined

bello85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 600 Visa expiry date

Ok, done a search on here and found a couple of posts sort of the same, but really need this confirming 100%. My wife has a 600 visa and from the VEVO details website the details are below.

Visa class / subclass FA / 600
Visa stream Tourist
Visa applicant Primary
Visa grant date 21 February 2018
Visa expiry date 21 February 2019
Location Offshore
Visa status In Effect
Visa grant number *************
Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa
Must not arrive after 21 February 2019
Period of stay 03 months on each arrival

On the Visa Grant Notice she received originally there was no Visa Expiry date, it only noted that she must not arrive after 21 February 2019 and noted stay period 3 months from the date of each arrival. So, does this mean, if someone can give me a 100% guarantee, that if she fly's to Australia some time in January, she is allowed to stay in Australia for 3 months from that entry date? She is worried that the expiry date is 21 Feb 2019 and that means she has to leave the country on that date. Please someone reassure her she is ok to stay after that date. I am hoping I have interpreted it correctly. As I noted, if she is allowed to enter on the 21 Feb, it can't surely mean she would have to leave the same day as that is the expiry?
Old Jan 4th 2019, 9:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 600 Visa expiry date

Nobody can give you 100% guarantee that she will be admitted to the country or that she will be allowed to stay 3 months. Only Australian citizens have the right to enter the country. Everyone else is at the discretion of the border guard at the time they arrive.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy is right.

But yes she should be able to enter anytime before the ‘must not enter after’date and stay for three months, even if this goes beyond the expiry date.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

It was a while ago now but my 676 visa 'expired in April 2014 and I popped over to Fiji for a few days in March. On my return, I was able to stay in Australia for a further 12 months. It was slightly worrisome when I was asked by the immigration lady if I intended staying in Australia after my visa expired but all went well and I wasn't booted out
Old Jan 9th 2019, 8:21 am
Just Joined

bello85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies so far.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Dorothy is right.

But yes she should be able to enter anytime before the ‘must not enter after’date and stay for three months, even if this goes beyond the expiry date.
This.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Alyonk@ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bello85
On the Visa Grant Notice she received originally there was no Visa Expiry date, it only noted that she must not arrive after 21 February 2019 and noted stay period 3 months from the date of each arrival. So, does this mean, if someone can give me a 100% guarantee, that if she fly's to Australia some time in January, she is allowed to stay in Australia for 3 months from that entry date? She is worried that the expiry date is 21 Feb 2019 and that means she has to leave the country on that date. Please someone reassure her she is ok to stay after that date. I am hoping I have interpreted it correctly. As I noted, if she is allowed to enter on the 21 Feb, it can't surely mean she would have to leave the same day as that is the expiry?
Doesn't matter when your friend arrives she must leave Australia before 21 Feb 2019.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alyonk@
Doesn't matter when your friend arrives she must leave Australia before 21 Feb 2019.
Incorrect.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That is not correct .
Old Jan 14th 2019, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

The above statement is incorrect.

The last date for entering Australia on my 12 month tourist visa was 25 April 2014. I went to Fiji in March 2014 and my 12 month visa eventually expired in March 2015 - almost two years on a 12 month visa.

If you leave the country in February and return before the 21st it will be three months before you have to get the hell out of Dodge.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Alyonk@ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, guys.

My bad.