Wikiposts

55% of Skilled visa applications fail?!

Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default 55% of Skilled visa applications fail?!

Went to Emigrate Show yesterday at Stoneleigh and in one of the lectures, an emigration agent stated that "55% of all skilled visa applications fail" I was quite surprised by this and don't really beleive it, anyone else heard of such a statistic.
Found the show quite useful, chatted to some companies about financial issues, and just round the corner from my mum and sister in law so handy for a quick visit as well.

Sammy
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 55% of Skilled visa applications fail?!

Hi Sammy

That surprises me too.

I am always wary about the 'spin' agents could put on the statistics. It is key to know why they failed and at what stage.

I could see skills assessments having a considerable fail rate, but given the points test which you self assess against I would have thought people would not apply and pay the massive fees if the even thought for one minute they would fail.

Maybe it wasn't appropriate to say applications failed since I would imagine most people drop out at skills assessment stage and this is not strinctly speaking part of the visa application, it is a pre-requisite.

Sounds like scare tactics to me!!!!

Andy
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Newbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant future

Sounds like someone trying drum up business for them self. If you read through on this board then that figure is certainly NOT justifiable (perhaps some other High Risk countries this holds true!).
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I agree about the possible scare tactics.
One of the criticisms I would make about the show was that in several of the seminars there was a huge emphasis on using agents - I'm not knocking them, ones on here are very helpful and give fair, objective opinions - but I do think that some people at the beginning of the process may not even realise that if you want to, you can apply without an agent!
And as always there were more stands with migration agetns on, than anything else.
By the way, how's your application doing, Andy?

Sammy
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Sammy

Think about it.

The agents all pay the exhibition organisers for a stand, they have to get their money back somehow!!!!!!

My opinion is that agents have their place for complicated cases or for those occupations that have difficult skills assessments. For straight forward processes it can easily be done yourself, especially with the advent of online applications.

Andy

ps app going well, seems like i'm in the LCU queue now. All other items on the electronic checklist now say 'MET' so looks like everything has gone through OK, just awaiting meds. What about you?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Sammy

Think about it.

The agents all pay the exhibition organisers for a stand, they have to get their money back somehow!!!!!!

My opinion is that agents have their place for complicated cases or for those occupations that have difficult skills assessments. For straight forward processes it can easily be done yourself, especially with the advent of online applications.

Andy
Ditto.
Sammy
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

It could be accurate to say that 55% of enquiries about skilled visas fail??? After all, not everyone has the skills required. It would be interesting to find out how many of those 'failures' actually went on to get an alternative visa or to get a successful skills assessment via another route.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I agree that this is 'scare tactics' - to be honest I do not have the exact stat here (I could get them if required) but this must include some other weird stat like "enquiries" - maybe to the company alone? (obviously I don't know exactly what this person said)

If a skill assessment itself has been successful, then as most of you know, the visa application stage is actually a bit simpler than the skill assessment, which is almost always the most complex / taxing part.

Cheers

Nick
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nick-ASA
Hi there

I agree that this is 'scare tactics' - to be honest I do not have the exact stat here (I could get them if required) but this must include some other weird stat like "enquiries" - maybe to the company alone? (obviously I don't know exactly what this person said)

If a skill assessment itself has been successful, then as most of you know, the visa application stage is actually a bit simpler than the skill assessment, which is almost always the most complex / taxing part.

Cheers

Nick

Encouraging to hear!
Definitely agree that the skills assessment is very time consuming. We are still waiting on results of OH's skills assessment, dependent on an exam he took in London. Hopefully next bit will be simpler!

Sammy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Went to Emigrate Show yesterday at Stoneleigh and in one of the lectures, an emigration agent stated that "55% of all skilled visa applications fail" I was quite surprised by this and don't really beleive it, anyone else heard of such a statistic.
Found the show quite useful, chatted to some companies about financial issues, and just round the corner from my mum and sister in law so handy for a quick visit as well.

Sammy
yep, agree with most people on here!

it's a load of tripe...i've been on this forum for a couple of years and i can truely say i've seen about 2 people fail and that was becuase they'ed given false information of some sort and been found out!

it's an agent wanting to brew up business

Obviously we don't know the stats for any other country as regards to migration to aus but it doesn't ring true for UK apps!

Ignore it and get on with the application yourselves - who needs an agent anyway??!!!!