50 week average!

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all
Default 50 week average!

G' day all,

I have lived in Oz for seven years. My brother wanted to move over to Oz with his wife and child. We therefore agreed to sponsor them for a subclass BN 138 visa application (skilled sponsored). They had their skills assessed and then submitted their application to Adelaide processing centre in Feb 2003. In early March they received an acknowledgment confirming receipt. Since that date they have not been contacted at all. They have not been asked to get medicals or police checks. Is this normal for so much time to pass by? I ask this as they have been told that processing takes approx 50 weeks. Does the 50 weeks include police checks and medical. Any advice please…..
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:56 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 50 week average!

Originally posted by ahappychappy
G' day all,

I have lived in Oz for seven years. My brother wanted to move over to Oz with his wife and child. We therefore agreed to sponsor them for a subclass BN 138 visa application (skilled sponsored). They had their skills assessed and then submitted their application to Adelaide processing centre in Feb 2003. In early March they received an acknowledgment confirming receipt. Since that date they have not been contacted at all. They have not been asked to get medicals or police checks. Is this normal for so much time to pass by? I ask this as they have been told that processing takes approx 50 weeks. Does the 50 weeks include police checks and medical. Any advice please…..
Apparently this quoted 50 weeks is for the whole thing..but they are quoting 50+ now, although some people seem to flying through most don't seem to be! We applied in May and have also heard nothing . have you checked www.austimeline.com ? you can put a March date in and see whats happening with everyone else - I have looked at all the applications prior to May this year and most are still waiting.

Max
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Our timelines are identical to your brothers, we have applied under 136 skilled independent. We haven't heard a word other than the acknowledgement on March 3rd 2003. We have however jumped the gun and done meds and submitted them before request. The wait continues .....

Hazel.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

Thank you MAXPAXX & G' day to you from SYD ......

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Apparently this quoted 50 weeks is for the whole thing..but they are quoting 50+ now, although some people seem to flying through most don't seem to be! We applied in May and have also heard nothing . have you checked www.austimeline.com ? you can put a March date in and see whats happening with everyone else - I have looked at all the applications prior to May this year and most are still waiting.

Max
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rudy, that helps......

Originally posted by Rudy
Hi,

Our timelines are identical to your brothers, we have applied under 136 skilled independent. We haven't heard a word other than the acknowledgement on March 3rd 2003. We have however jumped the gun and done meds and submitted them before request. The wait continues .....

Hazel.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:16 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ahappychappy
Thank you MAXPAXX & G' day to you from SYD ......
I bet you are a happy chappy - rub it in why don't you!!

My mates in Sydney at the moment and if I get another lovely picture emailed I will scream....my favorite place - it's p......g down here as usual!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:56 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Your time in the queue is about right - I have a number of clients at the same stage as you for this visa class and they have not had medicals requested.

This is in the hands of DIMIA now and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do to speed up the processing time.

Once this is internalised as fact the waiting becomes easier (a little bit anyway!)
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 7:57 pm
Jaj

The 50 weeks is from application to visa grant, but is only a guide.
Your brother is still within published processing standards. If you
hear nothing by March or so, you would be entitled to call Adelaide
and ask what's up.

If you're an Australian citizen, and processing time goes
significantly beyond the published benchmark (eg if you heard nothing
for 16-18 months and calling Adelaide proved fruitless) then you could
as a last resort contact your federal MP. This should not be done
within published processing times, however.

Jeremy

>On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:51:39 +0000, ahappychappy <member18445@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >G' day all,
    >I have lived in Oz for seven years. My brother wanted to move over to
    >Oz with his wife and child. We therefore agreed to sponsor them for a
    >subclass BN 138 visa application (skilled sponsored). They had their
    >skills assessed and then submitted their application to Adelaide
    >processing centre in Feb 2003. In early March they received an
    >acknowledgment confirming receipt. Since that date they have not been
    >contacted at all. They have not been asked to get medicals or police
    >checks. Is this normal for so much time to pass by? I ask this as they
    >have been told that processing takes approx 50 weeks. Does the 50 weeks
    >include police checks and medical. Any advice please…..
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your input maxpaxx. Liked your happy chappy comment. So are headed for Perth. Why is that? So many pomms appear to head for Perth. It is quite isolated over there. From my experience I would recommend Sydney to you. Plenty of work available. And housing in the outer suburbs is reasonable.

Fro all who are looking into housing in Oz try www.realestate.com.au This is the best site. Good luck.

Originally posted by maxpaxx
I bet you are a happy chappy - rub it in why don't you!!

My mates in Sydney at the moment and if I get another lovely picture emailed I will scream....my favorite place - it's p......g down here as usual!