Wikiposts

5 points for spouse occupation?????

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice
Default 5 points for spouse occupation?????

Hello people.

Just a quickie.
I'm asking this as a favour for a couple of friends of ours who haven't got access to this site.
They want to claim the 5 points for spouse skills.
He has a 60 point occupation (main applicant). Hers is on the SOL as a 50 pointer.
Would they qualify for for the extra points?

Thanks Scotty.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:37 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for spouse occupation?????

Originally Posted by scottyboy
Hello people.

Just a quickie.
I'm asking this as a favour for a couple of friends of ours who haven't got access to this site.
They want to claim the 5 points for spouse skills.
He has a 60 point occupation (main applicant). Hers is on the SOL as a 50 pointer.
Would they qualify for for the extra points?

Thanks Scotty.
Hi Scotty,

Suggest you download and print Booklet 6 for them. If they don't have access to the internet then that's the most reliable hard copy guide. Asking for trouble to help them yourself, particularly with the changes with respect to points for language and other issues which may be coming in around November. And before I get a flood of emails and messages about that, all I know is what the Minister said in her announcement at the time of the Budget in early May.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by Sue; Aug 24th 2006 at 2:50 am. Reason: URL removed. You are allowed two in your signature, please don't keep posting a 3rd!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Scotty,

Suggest you download and print Booklet 6 for them. If they don't have access to the internet then that's the most reliable hard copy guide. Asking for trouble to help them yourself, particularly with the changes with respect to points for language and other issues which may be coming in around November. And before I get a flood of emails and messages about that, all I know is what the Minister said in her announcement at the time of the Budget in early May.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Hay George.

Booklet 6 already downloaded, printed and delivered.
I'm not trying to advise them in any way. That's for the experts of which I'm not.
Just trying to get an answer to a question for them.

Scotty.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyboy
Hay George.

Booklet 6 already downloaded, printed and delivered.
I'm not trying to advise them in any way. That's for the experts of which I'm not.
Just trying to get an answer to a question for them.

A skill assessment on its own is not enough for spouse points. Full requirements are outlined in the booklet.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:38 pm
Pierresa

The main applicant gets the points, ie 60. The second applicant gets
only 5 points if they are on the SOL. This is regardless of occupation
of the secondary applicant, 5 pts is all they get! It's hardly worth
the trouble if as a family they have enough points anyway. I got my
wife to apply and didn't submit my occupation for points, even though I
am a 60 pointer too she is on the MODL, so as a family we made the
points easily so we didn't need the 5pts I would have contributed.

The secondary applicant gets to work and live freely, so the extra 5
pts is only useful if it scrapes you through.

scottyboy wrote:
    > Hello people.
    > Just a quickie.
    > I'm asking this as a favour for a couple of friends of ours who haven't
    > got access to this site.
    > They want to claim the 5 points for spouse skills.
    > He has a 60 point occupation (main applicant). Hers is on the SOL as a
    > 50 pointer.
    > Would they qualify for for the extra points?
    >
    > Thanks Scotty.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com