Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Now what? should we give more pressure to DIAC ???[/QUOTE]

This situation wasn't of DIAC's making, they too are waiting for Senator Evans to make a decision for them to implement. Surely if pressure is needed, it is on the Senator to announce a resolution.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:26 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geelong
Now what? should we give more pressure to DIAC ???
Originally Posted by geelong
This situation wasn't of DIAC's making, they too are waiting for Senator Evans to make a decision for them to implement. Surely if pressure is needed, it is on the Senator to announce a resolution.
This situation wasn't of Senator Evans making either, the state treasuries withdrew the bonds. Its probably a cabinet level decision if it involves a change to Immigration law.

Last edited by ex_exile; Jul 29th 2008 at 9:28 am.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ex_exile
This situation wasn't of Senator Evans making either and its probably a cabinet level decision if it involves a change to Immigration law.
Yes, the situation is neither the making of the Senator or DIAC, but he is the one who is in the cabinet and is in the best position to change legislation, DIAC surely can't.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

It matters not who caused this to happen now...between them DIAC and the Minister have the job to give 'fair go' to all migrants surely?

Pressure on all parties (Gov., Senator, DIAC and Ombudsman) will do no harm, done in the appropriate manner.
We definitely don't want them to think we have all 'faded away'- which at this point in time, it does appear they'd like.

Again, as said frequently, and recently backed by George Lombard- it is the lack of reasonable dialogue and information that is the main cause of frustration!
Gaz
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

I agree to set up a delegation.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:22 am
Just Joined

lee.manthorpe is an unknown quantity at this point

well, its taking so long now to come back , i have lost money on my house as its gone down in price and the dollar in oz has gone down aswell, so now i am better off staying put ,, why on earth is it taking so long to sort out...... HELLO people are waiting for answer ( they dont give a shit)...
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Please PM me IF you are in Australia or will be in Australia within the next month or so and would be willing to go with George to speak to the Department/Minister? Only a small number of delegates are required so not all who PM will get to go, those who are available will be contacted. The proposed location is Sydney.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

in melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kenwen20
I agree to set up a delegation.
The Notice of Legislative changes are expected to be published on this website from 8:00am (AEST) Saturday 9 August 2008.

latest from www.immi.gov.au
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
Please PM me IF you are in Australia or will be in Australia within the next month or so and would be willing to go with George to speak to the Department/Minister? Only a small number of delegates are required so not all who PM will get to go, those who are available will be contacted. The proposed location is Sydney.
I wish
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear George and other respected agents in this forum,

Can u pls let us know if Migration act 1958 has anything to do with the change in legislation changes to be announced on 09th august. Below is the list of changes which will announced on that date.

Portfolio Legislation
Aliens Act Repeal Act 1984
Australian Citizenship Act 2007
Australian Citizenship Act (Transitionals and Consequentials) Act 2007
Immigration (Education) Act 1971
Immigration (Education) Charge Act 1992
Immigration (Guardianship of Children) Act 1946
Migration Act 1958
Migration Agents Registration Application Charge Act 1997
Migration (Health Services) Charge Act 1991
Migration (Sponsorship Fees) Act 2007
Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997

I am just trying to figure out if that has anything to do with what was mentioned in July 11th FAQ related to captial investment.

Applicants for any visa must meet the requirements specified in the Migration Act 1958 and the Migration Regulations 1994. There is no provision within the legislation to waive the requirement to meet the points required for a GSM visa.

Last edited by Jimmyinaustralia; Jul 29th 2008 at 2:11 pm. Reason: error
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:11 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by in melbourne
The Notice of Legislative changes are expected to be published on this website from 8:00am (AEST) Saturday 9 August 2008.

latest from www.immi.gov.au
i doubt if there's anything worth looking forward to in this notice of legislative changes, knowing that these changes will only be minor (because if there are major changes they'd probably give some feelers).
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

ramnik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i doubt if there's anything worth looking forward to in this notice of legislative changes, knowing that these changes will only be minor (because if there are major changes they'd probably give some feelers).
Gud day guys
well i read some post now not all but there what my lawyer told me here that we may get some solution by next week this is what my mates lawyer told him as well
i m not sure.. but what i can say is keep finger accros n hope for ebst as soon as i know anything will let u know guys
cheers
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ramnik
Gud day guys
well i read some post now not all but there what my lawyer told me here that we may get some solution by next week this is what my mates lawyer told him as well
i m not sure.. but what i can say is keep finger accros n hope for ebst as soon as i know anything will let u know guys
cheers
We haven't had any new rumours for a while
Lets hope this one is true!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

If you read the documents kindly posted by Comonwealth on the top of page 117 of this thread it does not look like there is anything YET for us in this next batch of changes, my heart is hoping there will be my head is saying unlikely!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

Not even going there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.