Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by dejags
I have an Agent (GL)and I have also been in touch with NT who yesterday confirmed receipt of my scanned application docs at the same time reminding me that I need to post the hard copies. So I am hopeful.
If you have GL as your agent, you're in good hands (in my humble opinion!) Fingers crossed for you
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

I hope DIAC will make an official announcement regarding the investment capital and hopefully provide some good solutions.

So far no news, X-mas is approaching. Good news from DIAC will make the X-mas holiday fantastic and highly enjoyable.

I hope so

Regards
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Just wondering if any of the agents who regularly post here have heard anything yet on DIAC's response to the collapse of the capital investment scheme? Any inclinations as to what they are likely to do or when we can expect an official announcement? I'm assuming there is going tosome form of announcement at some stage surely. Also if anyone out there affected by this development has reached the CO stage and has been in contact with the CO.

Generally there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of posting/activity around this subject - just wondering how many of us there are? A small enough group for them to make alternate arrangements or a significant amount for them to have to do something.

Majorly stressed and in need of feedback. Talk to me people.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

We know the feeling. Not knowing what is going on is driving us insane:curse:
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:13 am
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

Please see my posting in this thread regarding the most recent developments between the MIA and Senator Evans. As soon as there is an official announcement or news I will advise. It must be awful to be in your situation.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marwood
Just wondering if any of the agents who regularly post here have heard anything yet on DIAC's response to the collapse of the capital investment scheme? Any inclinations as to what they are likely to do or when we can expect an official announcement? I'm assuming there is going tosome form of announcement at some stage surely. Also if anyone out there affected by this development has reached the CO stage and has been in contact with the CO.

Generally there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of posting/activity around this subject - just wondering how many of us there are? A small enough group for them to make alternate arrangements or a significant amount for them to have to do something.

Hi Marwood, Steve and Gina, Geelong, Brisbound, Murwallambah, Snowmate, Pomerz etc,

The latest is that apart from the MIA's impassioned letter to the ASPC there is no news. DIAC staff seem supportive but it seems unlikely to me that the Minister will move quickly as there are numerous issues to be explored and put before him. However, some practical advice to summarise the thread to date:

a) Some people who have applied for a 136 may now find that because of changes to the state eligibility lists they can now contemplate state nomination for a 137 visa - Alan very helpfully posted some links a couple of days ago - and of course this is a no cost option unless you don't want to live in the nominating state;
b) Some people who speak a foreign language fluently may be able to undertake the NAATI test as a bonus points alternative, however there is a cost involved in such an application;
c) The state treasuries are still honouring commitments undertaken if you have initiated the process with them (eg dejags case);
d) Some people can save themselves the statutory deposit by just making a new application now and using the IELTS test or additional points for Australian work experience etc to make up the deficit - although there is an additional A$2060 to pay in most cases skills assessments will still be valid and that together with the cost of the IELTS test is better value than having A$100k tied up for 12 months, interest or no interest;
e) People who have absolutely no alternative should be making their situation known quickly to either an agent or the MIA or the ASPC. Liana has posted a summary of the MIA letter to the Minister and the case will be strengthened by identifying hard luck stories, quickly.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Again George,

Our agent is trying the very route you mentioned in point A, we are trying to find out if our application can switch from the 136 into the 137 avoiding the re-submission fee.

However just like Marwood and all of us in this boat its all speculation at present and all we can do is hope the DIAC get their act together as this really is an action that wasnt really thought through.

ONE of our reasons for leaving the UK was the lack of direction of political
leaders bending over backwards to entertain the EU ect and mostly getting it wrong. In this instance i cant help thinking ...same old same old.... Come on guys get the system sorted and stop our current state of misery .....Please
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

Many thanks for the update George

I fully appreciate the complexity of the issue and the need for DIAC to respond carefully - I'm sure there are many issues to take into consideration (legal, political etc). Also what may resolve the issue for one applicant may not help another. It is perhaps encouraging that time is being taken to deliberate. An interim statement from DIAC would help ease the nerves a bit, just to let us know they are (hopefully) doing this.

It should also be pointed out to DIAC and Govt that this development doesn't reflect well on the process, especially when they are trying to attract skilled migrants to the country. We all clearly want to move to Australia, make a life for ourselves and in return contribute to the country. It's a long, complex and often stressful process. When situations such as this occur then it would be reassuring to know they are working in all our interests, theirs and ours. Here's hoping.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Thanks for the comments George. Our agent is on the case but it is very frustrating.

We tried the State Sponsored route first and got turned down 3 times in the first half of this year even though we were sure we had met the requirements being asked for. Each time the goal posts changed.

Luckily I graduated with a degree in April and because of this and the fact that we could gain points by investing the $100k, this allowed us to gain the required number of points.

But having been kicked back 3 times already, and now this (and living in rented property because our house sold quickly) is does get to you.

What did they say on the advert, 'Where the bloody hell are you?'
Well there are lots of us here who would like to be the bloody hell over there.

Sorry for all that, moan over.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marwood

Hi again all,

We're still here but feeling too sad to say much.
We've had our case officer since August, medical received at LCU mid September and have been waiting patiently for our expected good news (hopefully all being healthy and well).
Everyday we were waiting for post and phonecalls requesting our funds (all ready and waiting after a re-mortgage), excited that most other May applicants are now being granted their visas.
Since Steve spotted this thread we did some checking too and obviously now feeling a bit teary and numb.
Do we but this months Aus magazine ? Keep optimistic with fighting spirit or is this tempting fate ? Keeping an eye on the exchange rate doesn't seem quite so important now. (We just want to be able to follow our dreams and so close.)

We've heard nothing from our Case Officer (via our agent ) but there's probably not much she can say at this point.

Steve's trade is not on any of the states' lists for subclass 137 visa from the links kindly supplied.
Looking at the IELTS thread we believe Steve will have to study very hard to pass this but if this ends up being our only option then back to the books and studying of course.
This was supposed to be a quick reply.

Hoping so much for good news,
Gina
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Sorry finished a bit quick due to a phonecall.

We wish everyone in the same situation the best of luck with their applications.
Hopefully some day in 2008, we'll all manage to be on a one-way flight to Oz.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:57 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi again all,

We're still here but feeling too sad to say much.
We've had our case officer since August, medical received at LCU mid September and have been waiting patiently for our expected good news (hopefully all being healthy and well).
Everyday we were waiting for post and phonecalls requesting our funds (all ready and waiting after a re-mortgage), excited that most other May applicants are now being granted their visas.
Since Steve spotted this thread we did some checking too and obviously now feeling a bit teary and numb.
Do we but this months Aus magazine ? Keep optimistic with fighting spirit or is this tempting fate ? Keeping an eye on the exchange rate doesn't seem quite so important now. (We just want to be able to follow our dreams and so close.)

We've heard nothing from our Case Officer (via our agent ) but there's probably not much she can say at this point.

Steve's trade is not on any of the states' lists for subclass 137 visa from the links kindly supplied.
Looking at the IELTS thread we believe Steve will have to study very hard to pass this but if this ends up being our only option then back to the books and studying of course.
This was supposed to be a quick reply.

Hoping so much for good news,
Gina
Hi, sorry to hear the stress everyone in this situation is going through. Just to say, if you do need to do the IELTS for extra points - it's really not that hard. A bit of practice will be plenty. Good luck with it all.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
Thanks Again George,

Our agent is trying the very route you mentioned in point A, we are trying to find out if our application can switch from the 136 into the 137 avoiding the re-submission fee.

However just like Marwood and all of us in this boat its all speculation at present and all we can do is hope the DIAC get their act together as this really is an action that wasnt really thought through.

ONE of our reasons for leaving the UK was the lack of direction of political
leaders bending over backwards to entertain the EU ect and mostly getting it wrong. In this instance i cant help thinking ...same old same old.... Come on guys get the system sorted and stop our current state of misery .....Please
Any 136 application is also an application for a 137 application. There is a technical problem in that if you do now get an STNI sponsorship, DIAC will need to re-score you without the 05 bonus points otherwise a new application will be needed. I am hopeful they will "do the right thing".

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Please excuse me if this has been posted here before but here is a copy of a letter sent to the minister on the 5th of December , thusfar no reply.

This has just been sent to us from our Agent who is also doing all she can to help us out

Still in hope Matt n Rach
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Dear Ms ALLAN, Mr Lombard and All investment capital applicants

Could you please inform me if there are some new developments regarding the investment capital bond. I have read in another thread by Pomerz that DIAC has suspended processing the applications that are affected by the cancellation of the investment capital, and there will be no Case Officer allocation for the time being.

I don't know about the veracity of this information. I have received no news from DIAC, and there was no official news on their website.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by pomerz
Please excuse me if this has been posted here before but here is a copy of a letter sent to the minister on the 5th of December , thusfar no reply.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...m/untitled.jpg

This has just been sent to us from our Agent who is also doing all she can to help us out

Still in hope Matt n Rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.