Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:39 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Links to State and Territory Government Wanted Skills Lists
WA: http://migration.wa.gov.au/Media/Doc...TOBER_2007.pdf

SA: http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdf..._Permanent.pdf

VIC: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...1&contentId=-1

QLD: http://www.dtrdi.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v...l.cfm?id=60508

TAS: http://www.development.tas.gov.au/migration/skills.doc

NSW: http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra..._migration.asp

NT: http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/docum...rtage_List.pdf

Best regards.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:45 pm
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

There is 'more than one way to skin the immigration cat'. If anyone would like a free assessment of their options from here then I am happy to provide this. It must be awful for people to find themselves right at the end of the road only to have this thrown at them.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:48 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of sounding like an ambulance chaser, we are happy to provide a free review for persons affected too. Our UK office number is 023 80 488777.

I'm sure George and other migration agents who post on this forum will be happy to do likewise.

Best regards.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:08 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
At the risk of sounding like an ambulance chaser, we are happy to provide a free review for persons affected too. Our UK office number is 023 80 488777.

I'm sure George and other migration agents who post on this forum will be happy to do likewise.

Best regards.
Alan your list didn't include the ACT, which is here:

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__dat...ember_2006.xls

With respect to getting advice, the phone number in my office is +61-2-97990085.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:09 pm
Migration Agent

Thanks George. Apologies to our friends in Canberra!

Best regards.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:17 am
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough

FED UP

We are now also 5 points short for the 136 visa that we submitted in July. I am really upset and feel for everyone in the same position. Thanks for the help and information that has been given on this subject so far.

We are now going to look at State Nomination or a Job offer. As my hubby's trade is on the MODL list and is also required in the Peel Region of Perth, where we want to go, can we apply for sponsorship and if received change our 136 visa without further charge?

If we go for job offer what are the requirements for this? Is it the same as them sponsoring us? Do they have to be a Company established for XXX amount of years? Do you have to be contracted to them for XXX amount of years?

I have more questions! but I do understand that the Agents posting are not paid for their time so I will ask no more!

Thanks
Mandy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:14 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MDA
FED UP

We are now also 5 points short for the 136 visa that we submitted in July. I am really upset and feel for everyone in the same position. Thanks for the help and information that has been given on this subject so far.

We are now going to look at State Nomination or a Job offer. As my hubby's trade is on the MODL list and is also required in the Peel Region of Perth, where we want to go, can we apply for sponsorship and if received change our 136 visa without further charge?

If we go for job offer what are the requirements for this? Is it the same as them sponsoring us? Do they have to be a Company established for XXX amount of years? Do you have to be contracted to them for XXX amount of years?

I have more questions! but I do understand that the Agents posting are not paid for their time so I will ask no more!

Thanks
Mandy
Hi Mandy,

I would suggest you look carefully at Booklet 6 or get an agent to help. There may be advantages in using a recruitment agency in finding the perfect match, jobwise. Feel free to email me if we can be of help.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:59 pm
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

Hi Mandy
Have you advised your case officer that you intend to go for sponsorship through the Peel region in WA? Have you ever visited the Peel region before?
Have you considered the other option (probably not so appealing) of re-assessing your situation under the current legislation and re-submitting your permanent residency application to Australia?
It is very unfortunate. A lot of our clients have had their hopes dashed.
Liana

Last edited by Kapri; Dec 13th 2007 at 5:19 pm. Reason: Email address removed
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:18 am
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I have now spoken to an Agent and I am looking into State Sponsorship.

Thanks again for your help.

Mandy
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

Smile Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Dear Members
Arnold Conyer, National President of the Migration Institute of Australia has written a letter to the new government's Senator, Hon. Chris Evans. He is essentially requesting a quick and compassionate solution to the $100K investment removal which is affecting many people worldwide. In his letter he talks about how it is not the fault of the visa applicants that this has occurred and that some have sold their houses to cover the $100K for the extra 5 points. The letter is dated 5 December 2007. I am in posession of a copy of this letter as it was distributed to MIA members. As soon as I have news of a response to this letter I will let you know. Please stand by for more information.
Regards
Liana
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi LIANA

Thanks for the update.

I hope DIAC will do justice and restore the investment capital.

Regards.

Originally Posted by LIANA J ALLAN
Dear Members
Arnold Conyer, National President of the Migration Institute of Australia has written a letter to the new government's Senator, Hon. Chris Evans. He is essentially requesting a quick and compassionate solution to the $100K investment removal which is affecting many people worldwide. In his letter he talks about how it is not the fault of the visa applicants that this has occurred and that some have sold their houses to cover the $100K for the extra 5 points. The letter is dated 5 December 2007. I am in posession of a copy of this letter as it was distributed to MIA members. As soon as I have news of a response to this letter I will let you know. Please stand by for more information.
Regards
Liana
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Liana

Lets hope some sense is seen in this terribly worrying time for all in the same situation as us....

THANKS to all here who continue to update

Matt n Rach
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi,

On friday i found out that the Northern Territory and South Australia have also pulled out as from the 30th november.

We are due to be asked for the bond any day now.

Anybody got any ideas as to what the solution might be to this nightmare. cant beleive this is happening.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
NT has not pulled out. They accepted our deposit on Monday 3rd December.

Are you sure about this?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dejags
NT has not pulled out. They accepted our deposit on Monday 3rd December.

Are you sure about this?
Damn. I have been sleeping. We'll wait and see if our deposit has been accepted (it's been sent with all the forms).

:-(
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you don't already have an agent I suggest contacting one as soon as you can, unless you can easily establish for yourself whether your money has been accepted. Certainly be the posts in this thread you may have been a couple of days too late. Let's hope I'm wrong.
I have an Agent (GL)and I have also been in touch with NT who yesterday confirmed receipt of my scanned application docs at the same time reminding me that I need to post the hard copies. So I am hopeful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.