489 visa. I'm a little confused

Old Mar 28th 2018, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default 489 visa. I'm a little confused

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Still trying to get used to where to post things.

So, I submitted my EOI on the 19th Feb and was invited to apply on the 26th of Feb.... therefore applying a day later. I have uploaded documents they ask for, had a health check (that will be completed today). Police clearance done and uploaded.

However, I am not sure what happens next. How do I know if I have uploaded everything they need (for some reason some of the things I have uploaded still remain on the recommended list despite showing up on the received list) if that makes any sense whatsoever. Not really sure how to describe it.

Will they message me if they need more stuff? I really don't know what happens next

Thanks in advance xx
Old Mar 30th 2018, 6:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 visa. I'm a little confused

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Still trying to get used to where to post things.

So, I submitted my EOI on the 19th Feb and was invited to apply on the 26th of Feb.... therefore applying a day later. I have uploaded documents they ask for, had a health check (that will be completed today). Police clearance done and uploaded.

However, I am not sure what happens next. How do I know if I have uploaded everything they need (for some reason some of the things I have uploaded still remain on the recommended list despite showing up on the received list) if that makes any sense whatsoever. Not really sure how to describe it.

Will they message me if they need more stuff? I really don't know what happens next

Thanks in advance xx
The system does not automatically recognise when all information has been supplied as every case is different, and someone manually checks your supporting evidence.

If there is anything missing though, you will likely be asked to supply it when the CO checks the application
Old Mar 30th 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The system does not automatically recognise when all information has been supplied as every case is different, and someone manually checks your supporting evidence.

If there is anything missing though, you will likely be asked to supply it when the CO checks the application
Brilliant, thanks for answering my question! I feel a little happier now. That and all health checks are done. I guess it is time to sit back and await to be assigned a case officer x
Old Mar 30th 2018, 7:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Brilliant, thanks for answering my question! I feel a little happier now. That and all health checks are done. I guess it is time to sit back and await to be assigned a case officer x
There are guidelines on processing times and CO allocation on the official website, but a CO assigned to your case will only contact you if they need something from you - or to advise visa grant - so if you don't hear anything, don't fret
Old Mar 31st 2018, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There are guidelines on processing times and CO allocation on the official website, but a CO assigned to your case will only contact you if they need something from you - or to advise visa grant - so if you don't hear anything, don't fret
I did think that they would have them on the official website but they state they will announce their dates in early April of time frames etc for each visa.

Thank you again. I feel happier now. Especially that from my side of things I have done everything they have asked
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Dan.S is an unknown quantity at this point

If not yet submitted, wait until your CO requests you to fill in the Form 80. It really is a patience game, as opposed to the fast paced Chess.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I would do the form 80 seems to be asked for more often now. BUT I wouldn’t do police and medical checks until asked. They have a validity of one year. When the visa is granted you will have to enter Australia within that period to validate the visa.

In in your case if your visa is granted you will have to enter before the Anniversary of your police check, not giving you much time.