Equivalence of Profession

Old May 16th 2019, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Muhammad Arsalan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Equivalence of Profession

Hi,

My spouse is a physiotherapist and she has done 5 years of bachelors and obtained a degree of Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) from Pakistan. Now we are planning to move to Australia and I've seen that the points we are scoring are above the minimum requirement of 65, with subclass 189 and subclass 190 as well.

My question is that since my wife studied, obtained a degree and practiced physiotherapy in Pakistan, from reputable universities and at renowned hospitals respectively, is she eligible to apply at Australia from the Educational Equivalence point of view? Are there any extra requirements or just her degree and one year of post graduate experience is enough for filing the skill assessment form?

Thanks
Old May 19th 2019, 3:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equivalence of Profession

Originally Posted by Muhammad Arsalan
Hi,

My spouse is a physiotherapist and she has done 5 years of bachelors and obtained a degree of Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) from Pakistan. Now we are planning to move to Australia and I've seen that the points we are scoring are above the minimum requirement of 65, with subclass 189 and subclass 190 as well.

My question is that since my wife studied, obtained a degree and practiced physiotherapy in Pakistan, from reputable universities and at renowned hospitals respectively, is she eligible to apply at Australia from the Educational Equivalence point of view? Are there any extra requirements or just her degree and one year of post graduate experience is enough for filing the skill assessment form?

Thanks
You can check requirements here - https://physiocouncil.com.au/oversea...ls-assessment/
Old May 19th 2019, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Muhammad Arsalan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I tried to search over here but unfortunately wasn't able to get answer to my exact question. Just need to know the equivalence of physiotherapy at Pakistan with that of Australia?
Old May 20th 2019, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muhammad Arsalan
Hi I tried to search over here but unfortunately wasn't able to get answer to my exact question. Just need to know the equivalence of physiotherapy at Pakistan with that of Australia?
It's there. Pakistan is not on the list. You can however request a bespoke appraisal, which is explained on the same page.

https://physiocouncil.com.au/oversea...lent-programs/