489 Skilled Provisional Visa

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

123sam123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 489 Skilled Provisional Visa

I am Mechanical Engineer and have been granted SP/ 489 visa supported by Tasmania. Last 6 months, I am looking for jobs in TAS but unable to secure any opportunity. I need advice if I can settle in any other regional area and look for job opportunities. If so do I need to get release letter for local authority.,

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 Skilled Provisional Visa

Have you actually made the move to Tasmania and being living there?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:25 am
Just Joined

123sam123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I visited TAS for 03 week and mostly applying from offshore. I am planning to settle permanently and thought if I can explore other options. If there will no issues in future.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 1:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123sam123
I visited TAS for 03 week and mostly applying from offshore. I am planning to settle permanently and thought if I can explore other options. If there will no issues in future.
You're not going to get a job in Tas from overseas. You made an agreement to LIVE and work in the state that sponsored you. If you haven't even tried living there then how will you convince DIBP that you have fulfilled your obligation?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Very few employers will consider applicants that are overseas. You need to make the move. Hence when people get general advice on migrating, it is recommended that they budget for having no income for a number of months (at least three and preferably six) while they job hunt.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise committing yourself to moving and then applying. Many employers won’t offer a job if you are still overseas. You need to prove commitment to Australia (your state of choice who has sponsored you) it took me 2 months to get a job and then a further 2 months before I started work. You need to be prepared with savings, as it states in the visa application I believe.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:16 am
Just Joined

starbucks72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry to jump on the link but can I please ask how you applied for this visa and how you got the province to sponsor you?
I'm having real trouble with determining which is the right visa for me as there seems so many options!
Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by starbucks72
Hi, sorry to jump on the link but can I please ask how you applied for this visa and how you got the province to sponsor you?
I'm having real trouble with determining which is the right visa for me as there seems so many options!
Thank you in advance.
You can no longer apply for the 489. Last day for applications is the 15th November and you would not have things sorted by then.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:45 am
Just Joined

I don't want to engage in the services of an immigration lawyer as I have had a bad experience before but trying to work it out myself is difficult
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to engage in the services of an immigration lawyer as I have had a bad experience before but trying to work it out myself is difficult
Do you want to live in Australia or Canada? You are posting very similar questions in both immigration forums.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Weighing up options.
Have visited both countries many times.
I didn't realize we could only post on one country Sorry!
Old Nov 7th 2019, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Weighing up options.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Weighing up options.
You can post on both countries btu they are very different places to live in so you really need to decide which suits you best.