482 Financial Checks

Old Jul 7th 2022, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Stevezc11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 482 Financial Checks

Hi,

What financial checks are undertaken for a 482 visa? Can’t see anything on the immigration website. What documents will I need to prepare? I am just trying to front-load as much information as possible. Bank statements etc? Is it just to show you can support yourself? I’m 27 and have no partner or dependants. I have seen alot of people question financial checks for partners, but not for the nominated individual.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2022, 12:04 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 482 Financial Checks

Originally Posted by Stevezc11 View Post
Hi,

What financial checks are undertaken for a 482 visa? Can’t see anything on the immigration website. What documents will I need to prepare? I am just trying to front-load as much information as possible. Bank statements etc? Is it just to show you can support yourself? I’m 27 and have no partner or dependants. I have seen alot of people question financial checks for partners, but not for the nominated individual.

Thanks
Unless things have changed very recently (which I doubt_ there is no financial requirement for a 482. No credit checks, no need to have a certain amount n the bank. Supporting yourself is up to you, it would be assumed that the job you are accepting will support you - thats why there are measures in place like the employer having to state what the income is.
Even for a spouse visa, there is not actually a financial requirement. Showing bank statements is usually to show that the two people in the relationship share their financial responsibilities, thus helping to prove the relationship - there are no actual financial checks carried out.
Old Jul 7th 2022, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Stevezc11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 482 Financial Checks

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Unless things have changed very recently (which I doubt_ there is no financial requirement for a 482. No credit checks, no need to have a certain amount n the bank. Supporting yourself is up to you, it would be assumed that the job you are accepting will support you - thats why there are measures in place like the employer having to state what the income is.
Even for a spouse visa, there is not actually a financial requirement. Showing bank statements is usually to show that the two people in the relationship share their financial responsibilities, thus helping to prove the relationship - there are no actual financial checks carried out.
Thank you. I thought that was the case, but someone on another forum posted that they had checks and had to send over some documents! Just wanted to check I wasn’t missing anything!