47SK question....

Old May 16th 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

crazy dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 47SK question....

It says on the checklist to include 'certified copies of all documents provided to the assessing body with your application for assessment'.
I'm aware this means to send all the stuff i sent to t.r.a but do i have to write out another t.r.a aplication form and present everything exactly how it was when i sent it to t.r.a?
The thing is my t.r.a application was quite bulky and i'm thinking sending everything again plus the 47SK and all it's supporting documents will make a very hefty package!
Would it be ok to just send the references etc?
Thanks in advance for any advice
Craig.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 47SK question....

I asked a similar question here before sending mine and general consensus seemed to be to send everything as that leaves no chance of a problem / delay if something they are after is missing so that's what I done. Don't know if that's the right answer and definitely not the one you're looking for but my whole app cost less than £10 to post by Royal Mail Internationally Signed For and I had DIMIA's acknowledgement within a week so the extra weight didn't really break the bank.

Cheers, Paul
Old May 16th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hunser
I asked a similar question here before sending mine and general consensus seemed to be to send everything as that leaves no chance of a problem / delay if something they are after is missing so that's what I done. Don't know if that's the right answer and definitely not the one you're looking for but my whole app cost less than £10 to post by Royal Mail Internationally Signed For and I had DIMIA's acknowledgement within a week so the extra weight didn't really break the bank.

Cheers, Paul
Thanks for the reply Paul, I guess i'll just send everything. I'll need to try find myself one hell of a heavy duty envelope to send it all!
Yeah will defo be sending royal mail aswell, did it with my t.r.a and it arrived in less than a week. Much cheaper than the £40+ DHL cost.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

One more thing i'm unsure about is question 51, it asks: Have you/your spouse or any other dependant family members (migrating with you or not) ever served in the armed forces?
I know this maybe sounds a bit daft but i assume dependant family members to be children? The reason is my father was in the army years ago and i'm not really sure how to get all the details if i have to provide information as i'm not in contact with him.
Again any advice offered is much appreciated
Craig.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:10 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by crazy dee
One more thing i'm unsure about is question 51, it asks: Have you/your spouse or any other dependant family members (migrating with you or not) ever served in the armed forces?
I know this maybe sounds a bit daft but i assume dependant family members to be children? The reason is my father was in the army years ago and i'm not really sure how to get all the details if i have to provide information as i'm not in contact with him.
Again any advice offered is much appreciated
Craig.
As far as I am aware, dependant family members, means people who are reliant on yourself. i.e partners and children, so your fathers time in the armed forces is not applicable.

Neil.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil.b
As far as I am aware, dependant family members, means people who are reliant on yourself. i.e partners and children, so your fathers time in the armed forces is not applicable.

Neil.
Thanks Neil