475ers - anyone got your visa?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:36 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Sup everyone!! I have not been online for quite sometime now ... OK a few weeks!!

Flights are booked, accomidation arrainged, everything ready. I leave South Africa (WOOHOO!!) on the 8th March, arriveing in Adelaide on the 9th March at 18:05!! Cant wait!!

Little scary though!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EVERWHAT
Sup everyone!! I have not been online for quite sometime now ... OK a few weeks!!

Flights are booked, accomidation arrainged, everything ready. I leave South Africa (WOOHOO!!) on the 8th March, arriveing in Adelaide on the 9th March at 18:05!! Cant wait!!

Little scary though!!
Congratulationssssssssssssssssss EVERWHAT.........

Would you please PM your ID..... I'd like to get in touch with ya through regular email.......

I'll be moving in the same place in a month of two (since my VISA is granted) so it's better to know someone already there.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Dear Dance

CONGRATULATIONS on your visa grant. Well done and thanks for your high spirit during this process. I am sorry I am so late in congratulating you. I have been abroad and did not check my e-mails.

We are nearly there too. So only praying to god it comes any day.

Hope to see you in Adelaide.

All the best
Summer
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Summer05
Hello Dear Dance

CONGRATULATIONS on your visa grant. Well done and thanks for your high spirit during this process. I am sorry I am so late in congratulating you. I have been abroad and did not check my e-mails.

We are nearly there too. So only praying to god it comes any day.

Hope to see you in Adelaide.

All the best
Summer
Thank you so very much dear Summer05. I was wondering where have you been and I see you post just now! Well..... not biggi that you didn't congratulate earlier. Better late than never

I wish and pray that all your dreams be true and soon you'll post GOT IT thread I'll look forward to it.

Sure, we'll definitely meet in Adelaide. It'll be lots of fun.

Cheers!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

kopf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!!

Today I receive the first e-mail from my CO. Last Monday I called to DIAC and asked about my process. The guy was very objective and said that we already hava a CO... five minutes later the status on on-line page changed to "application being processed further".

Well, I need to send more information and now I'm a little more relieved... Thanks to all guys that put a lot of information and tips here!! BR!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

I got this in an email today from Immigration SA :-

Re: Confirmation of Sponsorship from South Australia

Dear Johnnyyt Reference no. xxxxxx

Thank you for the details of your visa application lodgement with the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Immigration SA is pleased to confirm Approval of Sponsorship from South Australia and that the appropriate Form has been completed and sent direct to DIAC

Do you think that someone may have been looking at my file?

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Go, Johnny go!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Twinset
Go, Johnny go!!
Thanks.

I know we will have to put things on hold for a while till the baby is born as we can't do the meds until then but after waiting for so long it would be so nice for a CO to look over the application and say everything is ok.

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:15 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnnyyt

Thank you for the details of your visa application lodgement with the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Immigration SA is pleased to confirm Approval of Sponsorship from South Australia and that the appropriate Form has been completed and sent direct to DIAC

Johnnyyt
If I read that correctly, that means you State Sponsorship has been approved. It is not really a reflection on the visa.

But ... If my assumptions are correct, and by your signature, you need to create a stink. You have been waiting for a year, and only now are the approving State Sponsorship???? You need to call the DIAC and light a cracker up their proverbial!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:10 am
Just Joined

DogSheba is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Hi, I've been following this great thread for a while and thought to join in as it "apears" that I'm getting close. It's been great to read all the inspirational messages.

I have submitted all additonal documents (most of which were originally sent with my online application in Jan 08 - but which have since disappeared into the ether) requested by my CO and received an email reply from her that they are now just waiting for Health to be cleared.

Question, once you get this far in the process, and barring any health issues, does anyone know how common it is for the visa application to to be rejected? Just asking, as thankfully most of the personal stories on this thread have a wonderful ending and the visa's are eventually granted.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DogSheba
Hi, I've been following this great thread for a while and thought to join in as it "apears" that I'm getting close. It's been great to read all the inspirational messages.

I have submitted all additonal documents (most of which were originally sent with my online application in Jan 08 - but which have since disappeared into the ether) requested by my CO and received an email reply from her that they are now just waiting for Health to be cleared.

Question, once you get this far in the process, and barring any health issues, does anyone know how common it is for the visa application to to be rejected? Just asking, as thankfully most of the personal stories on this thread have a wonderful ending and the visa's are eventually granted.
Sorry, should have let you know my timeline:
- Online 475 Application Lodged: Jan 8, 2008
- CO Assigned: Dec 20, 2008
- Medical & Police Clearance sent: Jan 14, 2009
- Received email from CO stating just waiting for Health to be cleared: Feb 12, 2009
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:02 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DogSheba
Hello & welcome! I had this exact same thought, it's so hard not to worry until you see a positive response in writing I guess rejections do happen altho I have never heard of one. Try and stay positive, looks like you should be put out of your misery quite soon!
Pam
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Originally Posted by PamE
Hello & welcome! I had this exact same thought, it's so hard not to worry until you see a positive response in writing I guess rejections do happen altho I have never heard of one. Try and stay positive, looks like you should be put out of your misery quite soon!
Pam
Thanks PamE. That's what I was hoping to hear. Although it is disconcerting that this site only contains success stories and from those in limbo - no rejections. Perhaps the weak applications get weeded out earlier in the process, and 475 is a new category.....hence no gripping ...or 475 really is the one-way ticket to Aus!!!

BTW, I am a skilled family regional sponsored (not state sponsored). Heading to QLD any day now, I hope.

- Online 475 Application Lodged: Jan 8, 2008
- CO Assigned: Dec 20, 2008
- Medical & Police Clearance sent: Jan 14, 2009
- Received email from CO stating just waiting for Health to be cleared: Feb 12, 2009
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyyt

Johnnyyt
WOOHOO!!! Great news!!! They know you exist anyway!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

FlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really niceFlumpBrain is just really nice

Hi all !

I've just been granted my 457 visa

Application was lodged 16/01/09, medicals done 02/02/09, my daughters was referred to the Australian Government 13/02/09 (due to her having epilepsy, aspergers and a hip screw in place for a brittle bone disorder), hers was finalised 16/02/09 and the visa was granted yesterday............

Hadn't planned on getting this far and now don't know what to do next ???? hahaha. I've got John Mason rep coming Monday for a shipping quote and i'm searching flights at the mo.

Will have to keep trawling through expats for more info - you've all been fantastic so far, thanks !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.