Wikiposts

475 VISA HELP!

Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:17 am
Just Joined

CHADDERS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 475 VISA HELP!

We haven't started the visa process yet but are looking to do so next year, once I have obtained relevant qualification and this has been assessed.

We are trying to get our heads around visa application so that we can collate all relevant information.

If we were sponsored on a 475 by a relative do we have to live in same designated area as sponser. They live in Albany but we would like to head for Mandurah (which is on the designated area postcode list).

Also would we have to work in Mandurah or could we work in any area, looking at commuting to Perth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: 475 VISA HELP!

Originally Posted by CHADDERS
We haven't started the visa process yet but are looking to do so next year, once I have obtained relevant qualification and this has been assessed.

We are trying to get our heads around visa application so that we can collate all relevant information.

If we were sponsored on a 475 by a relative do we have to live in same designated area as sponser. They live in Albany but we would like to head for Mandurah (which is on the designated area postcode list).

Also would we have to work in Mandurah or could we work in any area, looking at commuting to Perth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
First off the 457 no longer exists it has been changed to the 176.

If you go for sponsorship by a relative then you are not restricted in any way regarding where you live. This visa gives pr from day one.

If you are sponsored by a state (the old STNI visa) then you have to agree to live and work in that state for a period of 2 years. This visa gives pr from day one.

If you are sponsored by a region (the old SIR visa) then you have to agree to live and work in that region for a period of 2 years. This visa gives pr from day one.

If you are sponsored by an employer on ENS then you will usually have to agree to stay with that employer for a certain period. This visa gives pr from day one.

If you are sponsored by an employer on a 176 you will usually have to agree to stay with that employer for a certain period. This visa does NOT give you pr. You would need to apply for pr at a later date.

Hope this helps to explain things.

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Oct 8th 2007 at 6:11 am.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:38 am
Just Joined

CHADDERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trish

I have checked DMIC website and there is a 475 visa (Skilled-Regional Sponsored), or am I going mad, wouldn't surprise me, I've read that much stuff I'm even confusing myself.

Would love to apply for a permanent visa like the 176 but not enough points:curse:. From information I have read you can only claim the 25 points for relative sponsorship on the provisional visa. I am 5 points short of the pass mark of 100, even after doing english test.

Would be grateful for any advice.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Hi Chadders

I'm also probably applying under the 475 temp visa.

I'm in the same position as I need my Aunt to sponser me so I can get the required points. I'm hopefully going to SA and am able to live or work anywhere in the state. So cant help with your WA question.

I'd recommend speaking to an agent, I've decided to go with Go Matilda and so far they have been really friendly and helpful.

Thanks
Andy
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry guys 457 is an employer sponsered visa and it is still valid as i got one on 19th sep

its a temp visa not a pr visa

but you have to be sponsered by an employer to get
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry looked at wrong no

i am a numpty !!