461 visa- Help please.

Old Sep 3rd 2016, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Kirstyr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 461 visa- Help please.

Hey everybody,

I was hoping I can get some advice.

My name is Kirsty and I'm a UK citizen, I have lived in NZ before on a working holiday visa for 2 years and a partnership visa for a year with my NZ boyfriend.
We left NZ in 2015 to try out the UK for a year but we do not like our life style here.

My boyfriend is flying back to NZ on the 14th sept stopping of for 2 nights in Melbourne then spending 2 weeks in NZ and the back to Melbourne to set up.

He will be living with a friend until I get there but he has a agencie setting up interviews for him at the moment.

I am staying behind for a few more months to save more money and until the visa gets accepted.

My question is - when should I send my visa of because the conditions state he has to be there or I have to arrive in the country with him?

We have been together 3 years and have so much evidence.

Is it compulsory to do a medical examination to or does the case officer advise you if you are required to have one, see I'm not sure if I need to do this first as the application doesn't ask for it?

Any help on this visa would be appreciated

Thank you

Kirsty
Old Sep 4th 2016, 9:14 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 461 visa- Help please.

Hi Kirsty

I entered on the 461. You do not have to enter the country with your partner. It takes about 4 weeks to get the visa. I had to do a medical but I think the rules about that may have changed now.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Kirstyr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 461 visa- Help please.

Thanks for your response buzzy--bee much appreciated.
I do have a few more questions for you ...

Was your partner there already when you applied??

How are you finding the visa?

And did the migration officer ask you to do a medical or did you just do one anyway?

Thanks Kirsty

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi Kirsty

I entered on the 461. You do not have to enter the country with your partner. It takes about 4 weeks to get the visa. I had to do a medical but I think the rules about that may have changed now.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 11:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstyr
Thanks for your response buzzy--bee much appreciated.
I do have a few more questions for you ...

Was your partner there already when you applied??
No, we entered together but I don't think that matters.

How are you finding the visa?
Held it for 3 years until I got PR. Its very similar to PR although there is less choice for mortgage providers, for instance.

And did the migration officer ask you to do a medical or did you just do one anyway?
They must have asked me as I wouldn't have done one otherwise - too expensive.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

sofarsogood00 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and children recently arrived on 461. I waited until asked by the case officer to provide medical certificates. My wife is Asian so coming from the UK, you may not be asked for medicals. I would wait until asked if I was you.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to the Immi Forum.