457ie timescales?

Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thats our theory of working it out isnt it. Hope you hear soon its bad when you are checking the email a million times a day waiting for that special one :-) I thought I might have heard this week but doesnt look like it. One things for sure when we do boy will we party!

Might even meet you all out there seeing how you wont be far from us for a while.

Jan :-)
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by springflower
Hi

checking the email a million times a day

Do you only check your e-mail that much?
I check mine regular but come off line quick, they may phone.

Tony
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

LOL

I always have the the phone diverted to the mobile when im online so i dont miss any calls. And no if the email hasnt come in the morning then I just think oh well another day goes by.

I havent turned to drink yet either which is suprising!

Catch ya later
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WE GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

We got our approval today - its not a dream anymore!!

we applied on 22/1/03 and got asked for additional info on 14/3/03. It took us untill yesterday to get it in to australia house and yet our agent rang us at 10.30 this morning to say we had got it!! Quick or what?! Now got to sell house and go. Good luck to all you out there who are still waiting - we had lots of problems with our application and its taken us 9 weeks - it won't be long for you.

Julie and Alex
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Julie and Alex

Congratulations to both of you and all the very best for the future.
Where abouts are you heading? You must be over the moon!

Old Mar 27th 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Springflower

Yes we are up alongside that cow - i.e over the moon!!

We are hoping to go to Queensland somewhere between Bundaberg and Mackay.Realistically looking at going between
July and November. Its going to be a long few months! When did you apply and where do you wish to head to?

All the best to you.

Julie and Alex
Old Mar 27th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We applied 21st January, had request for medicals March 6th, managed to get them done 12th March, and are now waiting for the outcome. Shouldnt be too long now.

We are going to Busselton in the South West, around 3 hours south of perth. We are going as quick as it takes to pack up and book the flight :-) We sold our property last year so we dont have that hassle to go though. I have family out there so cant wait to see them all again.

Old Apr 1st 2003, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by crabtree
I had an e-mail tonight from someone who applied on the 4th Feb (mine was 6th Feb) they were asked for medicals yesterday so fingers crossed I should be hearing in the next few days.

Tony C
You've all got me wondering. We submitted our 457ie on 19/02/03, we were told by our agent that the next thing we should hear is a call for Xrays. Do we have to have medicals too? Or does it depend on what they request?

This waiting is killing me!!!

We would have to have our Xrays done in York - spoken to the GP and he says there will be no problem.

Ah well another day, talk about crossing the days off!

Good luck everyone - keep posting!

Doreen
Old Apr 1st 2003, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Doreen
You've all got me wondering. We submitted our 457ie on 19/02/03, we were told by our agent that the next thing we should hear is a call for Xrays. Do we have to have medicals too? Or does it depend on what they request?

This waiting is killing me!!!

We would have to have our Xrays done in York - spoken to the GP and he says there will be no problem.

Ah well another day, talk about crossing the days off!

Good luck everyone - keep posting!

Doreen
Hi Doreen

Generally for this visa you need X-Rays only.
However in certain circumstances you may need a medical.
If you have children at school they will need medicals.
Have you booked your X-rays yet as there is quite a wait to get in for them at most hospitals?
What are you planning to do and where are you planning to settle?

Tony C
Still not heard a thing and doing my head in.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Our children are at university and have their own plans so wont be coming with us - although I suspect they will no doubt be over at any opportunity!! So no problems with medicals there.

Do you think we should book our XRays and have them done anyway before we get the call?

We hope to settle in NSW, have done quite a bit of research and look to run a two tier business, car business plus a B&B.

What about you? Where are you intending to go to and what line of business?

Doreen

Still waiting and waiting ........
Old Apr 1st 2003, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Our children are at university and have their own plans so wont be coming with us - although I suspect they will no doubt be over at any opportunity!! So no problems with medicals there.

Do you think we should book our XRays and have them done anyway before we get the call?

We hope to settle in NSW, have done quite a bit of research and look to run a two tier business, car business plus a B&B.

What about you? Where are you intending to go to and what line of business?

Doreen

Still waiting and waiting ........

Hi Doreen

We booked and had our x-rays before being asked for them, that was 10th March. (cost about £60 each).

We are looking at a cafe or lunch bar. Going to Western Australia south of Perth not sure exactly where yet. My wife has a brother in Mandurah so we will go there first. (Thats if we get the visa.)

Best of luck.

Tony C
Still not heard anything yet.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Thanks for the info - I think we may be visiting the docs sooner than we thought!!

We have relatives in Horsley NSW so we will be staying with them to start with then probably rent until we get sorted.

We might visit Adelaide and south of Perth when we get there just to get a feel of it. We have checked out Queensland, lovely but prefer NSW. The top end is too hot (and I'm not so struck on crocodiles!) NSW seems to have the best of all worlds for us, so I think that will be the favorite. It also depends on what suits business wise of course!

I've been told we might hear something end of this month or begining of May. Fingers crossed you hear soon and let us know how it goes? We would be aiming to go out around Aug/Sept what about you?

Cheers
Doreen

Reaching for the bottle........
Old Apr 1st 2003, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tony

Thanks for the info - I think we may be visiting the docs sooner than we thought!!

We have relatives in Horsley NSW so we will be staying with them to start with then probably rent until we get sorted.

We might visit Adelaide and south of Perth when we get there just to get a feel of it. We have checked out Queensland, lovely but prefer NSW. The top end is too hot (and I'm not so struck on crocodiles!) NSW seems to have the best of all worlds for us, so I think that will be the favorite. It also depends on what suits business wise of course!

I've been told we might hear something end of this month or begining of May. Fingers crossed you hear soon and let us know how it goes? We would be aiming to go out around Aug/Sept what about you?

Cheers
Doreen

Reaching for the bottle........

Just had a Fax from AHC saying the processing time is now about 3 months my application (which was lodged 6th Feb) they say is due to be looked at in the next week or so.

Tony C
Should I feel any better?
Old Apr 1st 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Whoohooo - next week or so - lucky you!! Yes, you should feel better - but I do understand the feeling.

You've got me working out dates now - two weeks after you thats means maybe backend of April - please God!

Good luck

Doreen

Trying not to get too ahead of myself!
Old Apr 1st 2003, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by crabtree
Just had a Fax from AHC saying the processing time is now about 3 months my application (which was lodged 6th Feb) they say is due to be looked at in the next week or so.

Tony C
Should I feel any better?

Oh God, it seems to be getting longer every day. I put mine in on 12th Feb.

On the basis that they were receiving 100 per day during February (and 400 per day in the last week), if they process 25 a day, that means every day, the process gets 4 days longer !?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.