457 Visa - Work Refs

Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:36 am
Just Joined

oll1e1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visa - Work Refs

Hello All,

I am going to be moving to Aus on an Employer Sponsored 457 Visa. Im just getting all my documents in order and wanted to ask how many employment references I should put forward.
I have worked for my current company for 2 years 9 months in 2 countires so I have 2 detailed references from each Ops Manager. The company I worked for before this will only give me a HR reference with job title and employment dates, I was wondering if this would be enough evidence or would I need to get more references from further back???

I read some posts that seem to suggest you need loads of references and wasn't sure if this was for the same visa im going on or a different visa.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 Visa - Work Refs

Originally Posted by oll1e1
Hello All,

I am going to be moving to Aus on an Employer Sponsored 457 Visa. Im just getting all my documents in order and wanted to ask how many employment references I should put forward.
I have worked for my current company for 2 years 9 months in 2 countires so I have 2 detailed references from each Ops Manager. The company I worked for before this will only give me a HR reference with job title and employment dates, I was wondering if this would be enough evidence or would I need to get more references from further back???

I read some posts that seem to suggest you need loads of references and wasn't sure if this was for the same visa im going on or a different visa.
Why would you need work references? If you are moving on a 457 you already have to have a job with the sponsoring employer.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

oll1e1,

I was employed on a 457 Visa in November 2009. I sent two brief written references from former colleagues with my Visa application along with CV, certificates etc.

All the best
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:19 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why would you need work references? If you are moving on a 457 you already have to have a job with the sponsoring employer.
perhaps to be used in a skilled-independent visa application or a proper skills assessment later on to cover max period of time possible???
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

oll1e1 is an unknown quantity at this point

They want me in a short period of time so I will start off on a WHV then transfer it over to a 457. It is my understanding that even though I do have a company to sponsor me I will still need to have a skill assessment, hence the work references.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't worry too much about the skills assessment. Mine was for accountancy and all I had to do was provide my resume, certificates and two very brief references from a former manager and somebody that I supervised.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point

For my 457 application applied 2 years ago through an agent that my employer used, I only had to send a copy of my passport, Uni degree and a form I guess it was form 80. Got the 457 visa in a couple of weeks. It was a fast process.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Kerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really niceKerryandlee is just really nice
Unhappy Re: 457 Visa - Work Refs

can anyone help as i am hopefully going to qualify for a temp 457 as i am fully qualified as a childcare worker in a daycare and have an employer who is willing to sponsor me! is there anything that will stop me getting sponsored? i am from scotland and am on a whv for the last 7 months in queensland i am so worried that something will stop me as i have tried everything to stay here!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerryandlee
can anyone help as i am hopefully going to qualify for a temp 457 as i am fully qualified as a childcare worker in a daycare and have an employer who is willing to sponsor me! is there anything that will stop me getting sponsored? i am from scotland and am on a whv for the last 7 months in queensland i am so worried that something will stop me as i have tried everything to stay here!
Is the company a registered sponsor already? As for there being anything that could stop you from getting sposored, of course there are things. You may not pass the medical, or the company may not be an eligible sponsor, or you may not pass the police clearance, visa rules may change on Monday (or any time without prior notice). Nothing to do with visas is an absoulte.