Wikiposts

457 visa and medicals

Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:02 am
Just Joined

LAZERBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa and medicals

Hi everyone

I am a new member
Our application for the 457 visa has just been lodged in brisbane, apparently waiting time is approx 8 weeks (bummer) oh well more waiting with fingers crossed. does anybody know if we have to wait for authorisation to complete our xrays or can we just go ahead and arrange them to save time.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 visa and medicals

Hi, welcome to BE.

You will find everything you need to know on here, there are many very knowledgable people on here, and quite a few of us 457's in waiting...

If you are sure that you only need x rays I suppose it is safe to go ahead, we waited til we had CO just incase any extras were asked for. Panel radiologists who do the xrays are very helpful and we had ours at a nuffield private hospital and it took 10 mins for 2 of us.

good luck with your 457 keep us posted of your progress

sarah
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

julie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the rough

my oh has had an x ray this week before he flys out for a reccy to find an employer /sponsor on a 457, was advised it would speed it up a bit as the xrays are taking about 6 weeks to process
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi, welcome to BE.

You will find everything you need to know on here, there are many very knowledgable people on here, and quite a few of us 457's in waiting...

If you are sure that you only need x rays I suppose it is safe to go ahead, we waited til we had CO just incase any extras were asked for. Panel radiologists who do the xrays are very helpful and we had ours at a nuffield private hospital and it took 10 mins for 2 of us.

good luck with your 457 keep us posted of your progress

sarah
Thanks Sarah, yeah i found loads of helpful info on here, gonna arrange xrays over the next few days in sheffield.
How long have you been waiting for your visas?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by julie wareham
my oh has had an x ray this week before he flys out for a reccy to find an employer /sponsor on a 457, was advised it would speed it up a bit as the xrays are taking about 6 weeks to process
Thanks, im gonna get on to it this week as i have now printed off the relevant forms.
Good luck with the reccy.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

well its day 47 since application, sorry to sound like the brother house...

its a bit frustrating but it will happen, its good to be on the forum and see whats happening to everyone else, it keeps you going when it appears your visa is no where in sight.

good luck with xrays..

sarah
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:57 am
rvc
Forum Regular

rvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigelb
well its day 47 since application, sorry to sound like the brother house...

its a bit frustrating but it will happen, its good to be on the forum and see whats happening to everyone else, it keeps you going when it appears your visa is no where in sight.

good luck with xrays..

sarah
My husband and I are Canadians applying for a 457 and are still waiting for our visa. Our X-Rays were received in Sydney on June 21, and they still have not been processed. This whole process really tests your patience! I think everything else is ready, they just need medical clearance from the Local Clearance Unit. Our immigration consultant told us that currently they are taking atleast 21 days to process non-complicated medicals.

By the way, I like this British Expat website as there is much more information available on this, even though I am Canadian......
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rvc
My husband and I are Canadians applying for a 457 and are still waiting for our visa. Our X-Rays were received in Sydney on June 21, and they still have not been processed. This whole process really tests your patience! I think everything else is ready, they just need medical clearance from the Local Clearance Unit. Our immigration consultant told us that currently they are taking atleast 21 days to process non-complicated medicals.

By the way, I like this British Expat website as there is much more information available on this, even though I am Canadian......
Hi

your right it gets very stressfull, thanks for the info.
Where are you hoping to move to?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:55 am
rvc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LAZERBOY
Hi

your right it gets very stressfull, thanks for the info.
Where are you hoping to move to?
We are moving to Adelaide. The 457 is my husband's employer sponsoring us, and so I can work too. Funny thing is that I ended up finding a job in Adelaide too, but keep having to delay my start date because the visa hasn't come through. Hope my prospective employer doesn't get fed up of the wait!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:11 am
rvc
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

I am a new member
Our application for the 457 visa has just been lodged in brisbane, apparently waiting time is approx 8 weeks (bummer) oh well more waiting with fingers crossed. does anybody know if we have to wait for authorisation to complete our xrays or can we just go ahead and arrange them to save time.
Just a word of caution: there is a form that the doctor and the X-ray technician will have to fill out. I don't know if you have it, but be very picky that it is filled out correctly. You don't want there to be delays for a silly reason like a section on the form not being filled out correctly.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Hi everyone

I am a new member
Our 457 medicals / X Rays were arranged very quickly. We were advised to wait until we were told exactly what we would need.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:28 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

How many of you are doing your 457s on paper? we did ours online a few months back and they were through within 4-5 weeks. I was really impressed with how easy and efficient the whole process was and the Brisbane office were good at replying to any queries that we had.

We found the electronic application easy - you complete the form on the web then upload your scanned documents. The site then tells you what combination of medicals/xrays you need, you print off the forms (which already have your reference number on them) and book yourself in.

Good luck to you all and hope you get your approvals through soon.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nerine
How many of you are doing your 457s on paper? we did ours online a few months back and they were through within 4-5 weeks. I was really impressed with how easy and efficient the whole process was and the Brisbane office were good at replying to any queries that we had.

We found the electronic application easy - you complete the form on the web then upload your scanned documents. The site then tells you what combination of medicals/xrays you need, you print off the forms (which already have your reference number on them) and book yourself in.

Good luck to you all and hope you get your approvals through soon.
yeah i did mine online, im a nurse so needed the works, xrays bloods etc. Anyway got a CO who wasnt that pleasant but did tell me that there is a 3 week backlog in Sydney for the processing of applications. She said it takes 4 weeks from when your medical is done until the visa is posted.

A bit crappy really as have had to resign from work and plan the move with out a definate that i can go yet.

Immigration is very busy, but they do have a snotty attitude on the phone, only called once with genuine important questions and just got sh*tty attitude. Had to be really nice as i need her more than she needs me.

good luck to everyone with their visas
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:07 am
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

We are on day 106 - applied 29th March. Hubby's place of origin is Zimbabwe and we have been advised that as it is classed as 'high risk'
greater security checks have to be carried out. I have emailed everyone involved - immigration, solicitor and employer and just get no information from anyone! Very frustrating.

Good luck to you all!

Jill