457 Visa Applicants...AFTER 01 JULY 2008

Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice
Default Re: 457 Visa Applicants...AFTER 01 JULY 2008

Though I am not completely sure, the 457 Visa Process is something like:

Employer already an approved sponsor or applies to be one

Employer nominates a position giving salary details, job description and skills/qualifications/experience required

457 Visa application (Online or paper based)

DIAC verifies the skills/qualifications and experience of the applicant match the given position and compliance with MSL and other criteria

After the visa is approved in principle, DIAC requests medicals as per requirements

After Meds Finalized, Character Checks from countries the applicant has lived for more 12 months in last 10 years

The last part is supposed to be the most time consuming - even if one provides police certificates, DIAC often does its own verification contacting foriegn govenment agencies, etc.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karlphillips
Yep - only 1 set of medicals required. Apparently once the medical centre have your records then you can refer to these in another appliciation
For 457 did you email DIAC to refer to your 175 meds? If yes what sort of forms/docs/info did you provide them? Thanks!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jpen29
For 457 did you email DIAC to refer to your 175 meds? If yes what sort of forms/docs/info did you provide them? Thanks!
For the meds I only provided my 175 application reference (sorry can't remember the term for the number).

Generally for the application I provided a lot of the information I provided fro the 175 application on the basis that if they wante anything they had it and if they didn't want it directly at least it was there as supporting documetnation. The only thing which was in the 457 application that wasn't in the 175 application was the offer letter from the employer.

Hope this helps.

Karl
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, not convinced. We had our medicals done and sent off a few months ago. We were told to have them done very early on.
These have been checked and are all OK.

All paperwork was submitted, they have all they need so fingers crossed it wont be too long?????????????????????????????????
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31
Hmm, not convinced. We had our medicals done and sent off a few months ago. We were told to have them done very early on.
These have been checked and are all OK.

All paperwork was submitted, they have all they need so fingers crossed it wont be too long?????????????????????????????????
Does DIAC spend a lot of time in character checks for 457 visa applications?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msi geek
Does DIAC spend a lot of time in character checks for 457 visa applications?
I can't believe they did any character checks for my processing as it was so quick.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I can't believe they did any character checks for my processing as it was so quick.
Did they ask for form 80 or 1101 and police certificates?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Did they ask for form 80 or 1101 and police certificates?
These weren't asked for by our agents for the 457 but had been separately supplied for our 175 application so don't know if they were referred to or not
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

These weren't asked for by our agents for the 457 but had been separately supplied for our 175 application so don't know if they were referred to or not
Each visa application is considered independently of any other application.

Does DIAC perform a lot of verification regading qualification/skills/experience? Did you submit certified copies or originals?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Each visa application is considered independently of any other application.

Does DIAC perform a lot of verification regading qualification/skills/experience? Did you submit certified copies or originals?

We were told by our agent that immigration will take our medicals which we had for our student visa, and those were submitted online, so obviously not THAT independently.

I am getting very confused as to if I need police checks. The web site says maybe, but if applying in Oz to add them, and I have read people saying they have not had to give them. CONFUSED!!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

I thought everyone had to have a police check? We were told to and had these done months ago.
My hubby is the one being sponsored but even I had to provide a pc.

Leah
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
We were told by our agent that immigration will take our medicals which we had for our student visa, and those were submitted online, so obviously not THAT independently.

I am getting very confused as to if I need police checks. The web site says maybe, but if applying in Oz to add them, and I have read people saying they have not had to give them. CONFUSED!!
Why don't you look on the requirements of you're visa if you have them handy or get onto you're agent ?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Date lodged (by employer) - July 9, 2008
Status changed to "Application being processed further" - July 10, 2008
Just had my xray exam today, July 11.

Lets see what happens next.
I got my visa today, July 25!!!

They received my xray report (160EH) and film last July 21.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I got my visa today, July 25!!!

They received my xray report (160EH) and film last July 21.
CONGRATS!!!!
Good luck with all the rest of it.
Caroline
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.